SiouxSports.com Forum

Still a proud UND fan.

siouxnami

DC is a lot shorter trip for us than either St. Louis or Denver, so yeah, we'll be there if the Sioux are...

On the other hand, after making the trip to both St. Louis and Denver, maybe we should stay home.

LOL...nice to see you! Need some more handcuffs? :silly:

First of all, the area where the MCI Center is located is a great place. I went to DC for a conference and saw a Red Wings/Caps game (Ovechkin scored a goal but Detroit won...good game all around for me).

You do NOT need to rent a car. The blocks are short and everything is an easy walk downtown or, if you wish to do sight seeing, the subway is really clean and easy to navigate. Of course, there are buses and cabs too.

If you have money, I'd recommend the Renaissance Hotel near the Convention Center. I can't tell you exactly how far it is from the arena (it may not be walking distance to be honest... i've not been to DC in 2 years or so) but the place is top notch.

MCI Center: I saw the game from the nosebleeds. REALLY high up in the upper deck and it was a good seat. A nice arena for sure.

My wife and I have already decided it would be a great trip. It's Easter break that weekend much like a year ago when I went to St. Louis so I will not have to miss work. DC has a lot of history and lots to do for free with the museums. Great Frosh class coming in next fall and I'll be thinking positive about our chances. My new hobby these coming weeks is trying to piece together what our schedule will be. Already was able to post the SCSU and BSU games . (check 2008-09 schedule. )Go Sioux

Where can i view the 08-09 schedule?

Personally, next season can't come soon enough. Before coming to school here at UND, I was a mild hockey fan at best. I followed the Carolina Hurricanes back home in Raleigh. However, now I cannot possibly imagine life without Fighting Sioux Hockey. I went to 27 games this year including the regionals and Frozen Four. I can't wait for next year and hopefully to go to even more games and cheer the team on. Every home game the band plays at next year you'll be able to find me in Section 109 Row H Seat 9 with my big bass drum yelling Let's Go Sioux and hopefully leading some new cheers.

Here's to the 08-09 campaign and going for an 8th National Championship. Whoever is back, we have talented players and coaches here at UND and we will definitely be able to make a run at any team and as Notre Dame showed us this year, anyone can make a run come playoff time.

That is true....Go Gregoire!! He will be our best player next year!!

No Chance we get there next year. Cubbard will be too bare! We will be a .500 team at best.

That a boy OTH, let's all write the season off before it starts.

NEVER underestimate the Sioux. The drive for five started after the final horn (or at least after the wild post-game party). Sioux will take the capital by storm in April of 09 and be skating around the rink with the hardware the evening of April 11, 2009. You heard it here first.