SiouxSports.com Forum

Any word if anyone has decided to leave?

4-H 97-98

There is absolutely no way Koz's stock can go anywhere but down right now. His goal total will plummet, yes plummet next year. If I'm Kozek I bounce!!!

What is the basis for your statements?

IMHO, based on his performance this year, Andrew is going to be and do just fine!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the basis for your statements?

IMHO, based on his performance this year, Andrew is going to be and do just fine!

I'll tell you what the basis of my statements are, the kid doesn't know how to play the game properly. Kozek excels at shooting the puck. He is often out of position in the d-end and neutral zone, and doesn't move the puck as well as a majority of the team. This year Kozek was able to get open playing on a line with TJ Oshie and Ryan Duncan. There is a reason his numbers stalled when he was taken off that line chief. I don't see him being as successful on a line with guys like Vande and Trupp, or Frattin and Watkins.

This year Kozek was able to get open playing on a line with TJ Oshie and Ryan Duncan. There is a reason his numbers stalled when he was taken off that line chief. I don't see him being as successful on a line with guys like Vande and Trupp, or Frattin and Watkins.

Not to burst your bubble with facts, but Kozek had 12 of his 18 goals before he was ever even placed on the line with Oshie and Duncan.

Kozek will do just fine next year if he chooses to come back. I would venture to say that his point total will go up to the 30-45 point range.

How's that, Chief? :D

Not to burst your bubble with facts, but Kozek had 12 of his 18 goals before he was ever even placed on the line with Oshie and Duncan.

Kozek will do just fine next year if he chooses to come back. I would venture to say that his point total will go up to the 30-45 point range.

How's that, Chief? :D

Listen here home slice, Ryan Duncan goes off and careers it in the 2005-2006 season. This year he wasn't as successful because people knew about Ryan Duncan. Andrew Kozek isn't just a 2nd liner anymore. When coaches look at UND next year they are going to see a kid with 18 goals, what are the odds he is open like he was this year chief?

Listen here home slice, Ryan Duncan goes off and careers it in the 2005-2006 season. This year he wasn't as successful because people knew about Ryan Duncan. Andrew Kozek isn't just a 2nd liner anymore. When coaches look at UND next year they are going to see a kid with 18 goals, what are the odds he is open like he was this year chief?

Duncan still had 40 points this year home slice. That's a pretty darn successful season in my book. Sure, he didn't reach his previous years total of 57 points, but he still had a great year (despite other teams focusing on him more). I think Kozek can do the same thing next year chief.

And if teams choose to focus on Kozek next year, they'll just be leaving guys like Duncan, VV, Trupp, Lil Toews, Gregoire, Hextall, Genoway, Watkins, etc open. That's fine by me...he'll have less goals, but just a ton more assists. :D

Duncan still had 40 points this year home slice. That's a pretty darn successful season in my book. Sure, he didn't reach his previous years total of 57 points, but he still had a great year (despite other teams focusing on him more). I think Kozek can do the same thing next year chief.

And if teams choose to focus on Kozek next year, they'll just be leaving guys like Duncan, VV, Trupp, Lil Toews, Gregoire, Hextall, Genoway, Watkins, etc open. That's fine by me...he'll have less goals, but just a ton more assists. :D

Alright grease stamp, Duncan had a guy named TJ Oshie on his line for the entire season. He is a pretty good player from what I hear and received a lot of attention, of course Duncan will still have a solid year. I don't see Kozek playing with someone of Oshie's caliber next year. Kozek wouldn't get 10 assists of they were slipped in drinks at penthouse parties in downtown GF. Kozek had 18 goals and 3 assists, you think he's going to just magically became a playmaker next year? 8 Goals 6 Assists next year, you heard it here first chief.

He'll have more than 8g/6a before xmas time next year, turd burglar. :lol::D

Your argument is changing as the facts come out. First you state he got all his goals because of whom he played with. When that is debunked you move to next line of defense. He will be a target next year. If you really believe one of these things you should defend it and not just turn and run to another excuse. In this argument it is fairly easy to see that I completely disagree with you. Kozek has a NHL shot already. he is learning to get it off in traffic and more effeciently. Also, his skating has improved alot and he brings a physical presence unlike the majority of players with his skill. In fact he is the closest this team will get to the total package of TJ Oshie for a long time.

Your statements about his positioning in the defensive zone and neutral ice are a reach at best. No of us sat in the team meetings or knows how the team wants to operate in those areas. We may have our opinions but we are not sure unless we were in there. Which we were not. So to point out that he was in the wrong spot is simply stating an opinion and not a fact.

I am already on record that Kozek will lead the team next year in scoring.

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry314985

BD

Your argument is changing as the facts come out. First you state he got all his goals because of whom he played with. When that is debunked you move to next line of defense. He will be a target next year. If you really believe one of these things you should defend it and not just turn and run to another excuse. In this argument it is fairly easy to see that I completely disagree with you. Kozek has a NHL shot already. he is learning to get it off in traffic and more effeciently. Also, his skating has improved alot and he brings a physical presence unlike the majority of players with his skill. In fact he is the closest this team will get to the total package of TJ Oshie for a long time.

Your statements about his positioning in the defensive zone and neutral ice are a reach at best. No of us sat in the team meetings or knows how the team wants to operate in those areas. We may have our opinions but we are not sure unless we were in there. Which we were not. So to point out that he was in the wrong spot is simply stating an opinion and not a fact.

I am already on record that Kozek will lead the team next year in scoring.

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry314985

BD

Well since the bird dog is on record for Kozek leading the team in scoring it's gotta be true I guess. You should set up a Miss Cleo-esque psychic hot line and capitalize on this gift you have. I stand by everything I've stated about one Andrew Kozek so far. I believe he is a product of who he has played with. He plays the game with one thought in his head, and that is to score. I have no problems with offensive minded players, but he won't match his output this year. He's a liability in the defensive end, and he should try and squeeze any money out of hockey while he still can. His shot alone will get him some points, but I don't see much more after that.

I'll tell you what the basis of my statements are, the kid doesn't know how to play the game properly. Kozek excels at shooting the puck. He is often out of position in the d-end and neutral zone, and doesn't move the puck as well as a majority of the team. This year Kozek was able to get open playing on a line with TJ Oshie and Ryan Duncan. There is a reason his numbers stalled when he was taken off that line chief. I don't see him being as successful on a line with guys like Vande and Trupp, or Frattin and Watkins.

It's amazing coach face that you recommend Kozek move up to the pro's even though according your scouting report he has many weaknesses. He should jump soon before the pro's get your report because after they see that he won't have much of a contract to sign. But I'm sure Kozek is reading your advice since "if you were him" this is what he should do! Kozek is a winner, that disqualifies you from being him! :D

Well since the bird dog is on record for Kozek leading the team in scoring it's gotta be true I guess. You should set up a Miss Cleo-esque psychic hot line and capitalize on this gift you have. I stand by everything I've stated about one Andrew Kozek so far. I believe he is a product of who he has played with. He plays the game with one thought in his head, and that is to score. I have no problems with offensive minded players, but he won't match his output this year. He's a liability in the defensive end, and he should try and squeeze any money out of hockey while he still can. His shot alone will get him some points, but I don't see much more after that.

um, a defensemen can worry about defending and an forward should be thinking about scoring since that is what they do! I get that you have to think about both, but a defenseman worries more about defending than scoring and a forward worries more about scoring than defending.

All I said was Kozek should leave now because he won't be able to match his output next year. Why does that make me a troll exactly? I'm sensing some jealousy from the regulars that the new era in posting has begun.

A terrible era...

All I said was Kozek should leave now because he won't be able to match his output next year. Why does that make me a troll exactly? I'm sensing some jealousy from the regulars that the new era in posting has begun.

nope, no new era, still the same old pissed off at annoying trolls who come in here only to stir up trouble by saying just enough to piss people off, yet not quite enough to be obvious....get a life

I don't know why you think he can't match or out do this years efforts. The kid is a dynamo (sorry Yzerman 19, had to use your term :D ). I think he will be able to put up numbers with any combo of linemates.

I'm not saying he will go pointless in 08-09, he just won't be near 18 goals again. All I was saying is if I could squeeze some money out of Atlanta right now I would, because I don't think the offer would be as sweet next year. Kozek played with Oshie and Duncan or against teams second and third lines this season. There is no way Kozek will get that treatment again after netting 18.

ps. The era will be wonderful not terrible.

--Breakin Face "The Guru of Hockey Knowledge"

Let the trolls believe what they want to believe. Trupp and Frattin will get more ice time, while Genoway and Lapointe will chip in more than ever. If the Skippies want to concentrate on Kozek the incoming talent will bury them. You read it here, Sioux goals will not be as hard to come by next season.

So let me understand this... Don't believe what Kozek has done this year, he still sucks?

Gotcha.

GO KOZEK!

HIstorians out there, Kozek has been told to sign with the Thrashers before next season has even begun. We've seen sign Joe Finley and Brian Lee threads before, but is the Sign Kozek call count as the earliest someone has been thrown off the bus?

I don't know what Kozek will do professionally, but if he decides to come back, he made the right decision. IF he goes pro, so be it. I'll support him either way.