SiouxSports.com Forum

Notable Quotes from Sioux Players

MafiaMan

Ugh! Now we have the players themselves b!tching about how the fans deserved better just because they paid money for the game! Somebody, please shut this thread down now!

:)

(joke, people, joke)

I will definitely miss Lammy. He was just plain outstanding this year, and the Goofer Nation hated him, which is another big plus for me. Thursday was not his best game, but had he been in Hobey mode, maybe BC has 4 instead of 6.

taz

How so?? Im not sure what id do after a game like that... Go Home and sleep??? How in the hell could you do that? (minus PM meds) seriously folks raggin on players cuz that got a little rowdy. they are in college. unlike some of you they still have night lifes. which needed to be attented too. i would try to lighten the mood after i got home.

i dont want to bring up any stereotypes but. for those of you who have kids what do you think your high school athletes did after thr state tournaments.

going back to the point you think they dont care about the fans because they had a run in with the law.

How so?? Im not sure what id do after a game like that... Go Home and sleep??? How in the hell could you do that? (minus PM meds) seriously folks raggin on players cuz that got a little rowdy. they are in college. unlike some of you they still have night lifes. which needed to be attented too. i would try to lighten the mood after i got home.

i dont want to bring up any stereotypes but. for those of you who have kids what do you think your high school athletes did after thr state tournaments.

going back to the point you think they dont care about the fans because they had a run in with the law.

damn right, i remember when we lost in the section tourny in baseball...we had our older siblings buy us booze and we got fucked up at the lake that night! i dont remember the score of the game but i sure as hell remember the party! GOOD TIMES :)

damn right, i remember when we lost in the section tourny in baseball...we had our older siblings buy us booze and we got fucked up at the lake that night! i dont remember the score of the game but i sure as hell remember the party! GOOD TIMES :silly:

I agree that they are just college kids and some of us seem to forget that. we were all in college once to and i bet most of us did some things that were not legal. they are under the watchful eye because of who they are and they play for the sioux. my only issue with it is that there are alot of kids in grand forks, including my 6 year old, that look up to these guys and i think they should remember that they are rolemodels whether they want to be or not and it sucks that these kids idols are acting this way.

My reasoning behind posting this thread was to focus on the positive quotes made by the team in light of all the negative posts on here by some "fans" after the BC loss. But, once again, we can't resist putting a negative spin on things, can we? This discussion has quickly turned in the misdeeds of this past weekend.

I have an idea. Let's save the NCAA the trouble and impose the death penalty on Fighting Sioux hockey. That way, everyone's happy. Fans who spent thousands of dollars last weekend no longer have to worry about the road-trip gamble. We don't have to worry about players getting arrested anymore. Hakstol will be gone too.

And Ron His Horse is Thunder can grumble about the swimming program or underwater basket-weaving.

I am sure they do care, but the party infraction after landing in GF is inexcusable. To me that says they really don't care all that much.

I agree and I've heard the entire team was there, something tells me that isn't true. I've heard some are party animals and some aren't. Thier in college and their boys I understand that, but the timing was again almost insulting. I really respect JPL and know these past 4 years have literally been the typical childhood dream for him, and wish him the best of luck. I will never forget his post game interview after his final game at the Ralph.

I am sure they do care, but the party infraction after landing in GF is inexcusable. To me that says they really don't care all that much.

Lighten up, Francis!

News Flash #1: When I was in college in the early 70's, I attended parties and drank adult beverages, even before the age of 21 (please do not tell my parents, they still don't know).

News Flash #2: They, apparently, still do this in college, shocking, I know.

News Flash #3: This does not mean they don't care. In fact, it could mean they care too much.

News Flash #4: I was in Denver and after that game, I too, drank an adult beverage or twelve, as did many Sioux fans around and with me at Brooklyn's.

I agree and I've heard the entire team was there, something tells me that isn't true. I've heard some are party animals and some aren't. Thier in college and their boys I understand that, but the timing was again almost insulting.

15 teams lost in the NCAA Tournament. I would bet anything and everything that members of each of those 15 teams were drunk off their a** by the following day or one hour after their flights landed. From captains' practice in September and the next six plus months they've lived hockey. In a week or two, they'll be back in the weight room preparing for 08-09 but God forbid they decide to drink the day after the season ends.

I know you feel they "owe" you something, Mikey...with all the time and energy you've devoted to watching college kids play a game so I'm sorry they couldn't live up to your standards.

Lighten up, Francis!

News Flash #1: When I was in college in the early 70's, I attended parties and drank adult beverages, even before the age of 21 (please do not tell my parents, they still don't know).

News Flash #2: They, apparently, still do this in college, shocking, I know.

News Flash #3: This does not mean they don't care. In fact, it could mean they care too much.

News Flash #4: I was in Denver and after that game, I too, drank an adult beverage or twelve, as did many Sioux fans around and with me at Brooklyn's.

correction... i think you were the only sioux fan who drank after the game, i was drinking water :silly: you should be hung along with the team :lol: (if the laughing icon didn't give it away for our slow learners, i am kidding)

any way you slice it, a game like that is a !@#!$ way to end the season, but takes nothing away from the great season the sioux had, and the type of players and coaches we have, which are top notch all the way!! go sioux!!

ps - i'm telling bob

15 teams lost in the NCAA Tournament. I would bet anything and everything that members of each of those 15 teams were drunk off their a** by the following day or one hour after their flights landed.

I think the team that drank the most was the 16th team. I'll bet the BC boys are still partying today. Not that it's right or wrong...it's our society today and has been for quite some time like it or not.

...I have an idea. Let's save the NCAA the trouble and impose the death penalty on Fighting Sioux hockey...

What!?!

Why didn't you tell me this before I renewed my season tickets?

No hockey next year? I wonder if they'll give me my money back!?!?!?!?

:silly:

What!?!

Why didn't you tell me this before I renewed my season tickets?

No hockey next year? I wonder if they'll give me my money back!?!?!?!?

:silly:

no hockey, but no refunds. you are still allowed to go to the ralph on friday and saturday evenings. the concessions and beer stands will be open, and each seat will have a computer with internet access. that way, everyone can go to the ralph and get on ss.com and bitch, and the school doesn't have to refund the season ticket holders :lol:

you are still allowed to go to the ralph on friday and saturday evenings. the concessions and beer stands will be open, and each seat will have a computer with internet access. that way, everyone can go to the ralph and get on ss.com and bitch, and the school doesn't have to refund the season ticket holders :silly:

0511-0703-1210-3958.jpg

That's hilarious! Thanks for the laugh...I needed one today.

no hockey, but no refunds. you are still allowed to go to the ralph on friday and saturday evenings. the concessions and beer stands will be open, and each seat will have a computer with internet access. that way, everyone can go to the ralph and get on ss.com and bitch, and the school doesn't have to refund the season ticket holders :silly:

Hehe. That was perfect. I am really tired of the bitching going on here since our last game of the season. Our entertainment in our room at Denver each night was to log in to ss.com and read to the group of 8-10 in our room all the whinning going on here. I hope some of you have begun to realize how silly you sounded and pick up your chin and get a better attitude. I used to think Sioux fans were so loyal, but after this weekend, I saw another side of our faithful. It was uglier than that game on Thursday.

Technically the season is over and it isn't all that serious. Also it was reported wrong that Taylor Chorney recieved a citation which in fact he did not.

no hockey, but no refunds. you are still allowed to go to the ralph on friday and saturday evenings. the concessions and beer stands will be open, and each seat will have a computer with internet access. that way, everyone can go to the ralph and get on ss.com and bitch, and the school doesn't have to refund the season ticket holders :silly:

That is funny. By the way I am not sure why anyone wouldn't renew their season tickets? There is nothing else to do up here on a winters night. :lol:

I am really tired of the bitching going on here since our last game of the season. Our entertainment in our room at Denver each night was to log in to ss.com and read to the group of 8-10 in our room all the whining going on here.

Did you at least look and say "hey, that MafiaMan is actually sounding pretty positive about things!"?

Did you at least look and say "hey, that MafiaMan is actually sounding pretty positive about things!"?

Yes, we did take note that you were positive. I was almost feeling like a freak because I still liked the Sioux. I think people are starting to come around.

There is nothing to be negative about. Game over Season over. Time to look forward to next season.

Mafia Man I think you sound positive. :silly:

Hehe. That was perfect. I am really tired of the bitching going on here since our last game of the season. Our entertainment in our room at Denver each night was to log in to ss.com and read to the group of 8-10 in our room all the whinning going on here. I hope some of you have begun to realize how silly you sounded and pick up your chin and get a better attitude. I used to think Sioux fans were so loyal, but after this weekend, I saw another side of our faithful. It was uglier than that game on Thursday.

these people you speak of are called POSERS

Mafiaman, thanks for attempting to start a positive thread. I for one had a few too many after the game on thursday. I was upset abour to the game. But what I keep trying to remember is that they are kids or young men and they play a game and the boys did not play how the fans wanted them too. To bad for us. But I still say Thanks for the Great Year and I will be there next year to cheer them on again. GO SIOUX!