SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FOUR - 4 in a row for the Sioux

AZSIOUX

Irish put change in back pocket

No. 3 North Dakota

How they win: The Fighting Sioux live up to their moniker. North Dakota is easily the most physical team in the country, and they tend to dominate their opponents with the forecheck, the backcheck, and even the open-ice variety. The Sioux beat their foes into submission before their speedy and talented top two lines -- which include last year's Hobey Baker winner, Ryan Duncan -- finish them off. If any of that should fail, they've got Jean-Phillipe Lamoreaux between the pipes. Lamoreaux has posted the best stats of any goalie in the country, and is looking just as solid as Notre Dame's David Brown did last year.

How to beat them: Like Sauer, Lamoreaux is very tough to beat one-on-one, but has been beaten with screened shots, deflections up close, and wrist shots up high. Opponents need to buzz around the crease non-stop and hope for a dirty goal or two. The Sioux have at times also been hurt by turnovers, and can be beaten with a good effective transition game.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this from the Ralph,

<H1 align=center>FROZEN FOUR IS FANTASTIC

AT THE LOUNGE!

Win Fighting Sioux vs. Gophers tickets!</H1>What do you call a 30,000-square-foot bar with two huge video screens, the best hockey fans on the planet and Frozen Four merchandise? We call it THE place to be Thursday when the UND Fighting Sioux men's hockey team takes on Boston College at 5 PM.

The team will be in Denver, but the party is right here

i know these usually blow but its frozen 4 week so here ya go

http://insidecollegehockey.com/feeds/INCH_podcast_040608.mp3

Yeah your right I have listened to all of their broadcasts since a member of this board told me about them while Jess Meyers is a WCHA guy he has disappointed me this season. I would love to see UND win it all so we can give them the thumb in the eye.

Yeah your right I have listened to all of their broadcasts since a member of this board told me about them while Jess Meyers is a WCHA guy he has disappointed me this season. I would love to see UND win it all so we can give them the thumb in the eye.

has he been anti-sioux lately? usually he is pretty good about pointing out the strengths of the wcha teams, even the sioux.

i know these usually blow but its frozen 4 week so here ya go

http://insidecollegehockey.com/feeds/INCH_podcast_040608.mp3

wow, just finished listening and i wont get those 55 minues back or however long that crap was. sorry but can they get more broing voices to do this? holy crap

GO SIOUX

FEAR THE OSHIE BC FEAR THE FRIKEN OSHIE

To the Fighting Sioux,

Ok boys, 49+ hrs to game time, the opportunity is within your grasp. I'm sure you've heard how fast the Eagles are, or how Gerbe is unstoppable. Well, we're not going to let them spread their wings, we're going to jump on them and pound them before they even leave the nest. Let's play our game, play smart and we will dominate this heralded team from the east. Remember that crest on your chest, what it stands for, the tradition that comes with it, now, let's go out there and show them what NORTH DAKOTA hockey is all about!

Signed,

"THE" Sioux Nation.

has he been anti-sioux lately? usually he is pretty good about pointing out the strengths of the wcha teams, even the sioux.

Nah really anti sioux but he doesn't call the east coast rubes when they make their stupid comments about the WCHA being over rated or when they make stupid comments... I figured he would at least hold their feet to the fire.

To the Fighting Sioux,

Ok boys, 49+ hrs to game time, the opportunity is within your grasp. I'm sure you've heard how fast the Eagles are, or how Gerbe is unstoppable. Well, we're not going to let them spread their wings, we're going to jump on them and pound them before they even leave the nest. Let's play our game, play smart and we will dominate this heralded team from the east. Remember that crest on your chest, what it stands for, the tradition that comes with it, now, let's go out there and show them what NORTH DAKOTA hockey is all about!

Signed,

"THE" Sioux Nation.

Number one Defense in the nation for UND.

wow, just finished listening and i wont get those 55 minues back or however long that crap was. sorry but can they get more broing voices to do this? holy crap

GO SIOUX

Holy Cross or Holy Crap? :lol:

If everyone does their job and pitches in just a little extra on one shift, we will win. Play smart in our end, remember our responsibilities around our net. Aggressively establish a forecheck. BC forwards are quick and skilled, but they are small. By the third period they will be slower if we hit everything in a maroon jersey. Don't press too hard, mistakes are worse than highlight reels are good.

GO SIOUX

Yeah I listened to that one on my Ipod, horrible, wow these guys basically decided that Porter and or Gerbe are the two best players in college hockey, no other player need apply. Michigan is going to be the NCAA title, Notre Dame has no chance or at least what I got because they barely mentioned them. Joe G. sounded like the moron that wrote for the Miami Student in that they have to get rid of the on campus regionals. Apparently the east coast and eastern leading people are tired of playing the western schools in their regionals on the WCHA and CCHA campuses.

jess meyers was pretty good that he had nothing but nice things to say about Phil.

The part that really got my goat was that basically when the east coast moron said that B.C. has got to be licking their lips that they are playing the Sioux and that the Sioux have given up 12 goals the last two Frozen Fours and how the players from UND have got to be saying oh God not the Eagles again. I would be willing to bet that Gerbe hasn't been hit like he will be when he plays the Sioux. Maybe he should send and email to Turris and ask the Sioux let him have it back in November.

Yeah I listened to that one on my Ipod, horrible, wow these guys basically decided that Porter and or Gerbe are the two best players in college hockey, no other player need apply. Michigan is going to be the NCAA title, Notre Dame has no chance or at least what I got because they barely mentioned them. Joe G. sounded like the moron that wrote for the Miami Student in that they have to get rid of the on campus regionals. Apparently the east coast and eastern leading people are tired of playing the western schools in their regionals on the WCHA and CCHA campuses.

jess meyers was pretty good that he had nothing but nice things to say about Phil.

The part that really got my goat was that basically when the east coast moron said that B.C. has got to be licking their lips that they are playing the Sioux and that the Sioux have given up 12 goals the last two Frozen Fours and how the players from UND have got to be saying oh God not the Eagles again. I would be willing to bet that Gerbe hasn't been hit like he will be when he plays the Sioux. Maybe he should send and email to Turris and ask the Sioux let him have it back in November.

This was the worst podcast all season. The CCHA sportswriter kept on with the " Why would I vote for Lamoureux for the Hobey. Heck the coaches in the WCHA didn't even think he was the best goalie in their conference." Then to hear them all tout Gerbe as the second coming and by far the most exciting player in college hockey. Gees have they seen Oshie play? I hope our players listen to the first 30 minutes of this podcast and get a little something stuck in their craw. (whatever the hell craw is). Based upon this podcast BC wins easy probably 5-1. You know they do have superior speed and have 4 lines that can score. And of course you know that Muse has played every game and is unbelievable for a freshman. :lol:

This really made me mad last night to the point that I ended up dreaming about the game (I never do that), My dream was that Finley crushed one of their little guys early on a check. He got a penalty of course since the NCAA refs don't allow a bigger guy checking a little guy. But we ended up hitting the entire game. We had to kill off about 6 penalties but we ended up winning 4-2. Bob Norton had a fit and complained that the refs cost BC the game.

Come on Sioux. Make my dream come true on Thursday. I'm sure I'll dream again after we beat BC.

I'm not sure I'll be able to post here though since I'll be in Denver cheering on the Sioux. But If we win 4-2 I'll find some place to post my next dream. More to come!

I'm not sure I'll be able to post here though since I'll be in Denver cheering on the Sioux. But If we win 4-2 I'll find some place to post my next dream. More to come!

If you guys would have received your typical goaltending I think both the last two matchups with BC would have been about 4-2 in your favor. Stuff balances out over time, so UND should hopefully get past BC. The main thing is to get ahead of those clowns and make them play from behind.

Staying in it early is going to be huge. I watched that BC/Miami game, and man those teams were flying. We have a history of slow starts, so we better come out ready to play.

Gerbe is an exceptional player without a doubt. So, he needs to get to know Joe and Rylan early and often. If you're not wearing white, you're hurting tonight! needs to be the theme (call me Johnny Cochran)

Coaches didn't give JPL the first team WCHA goalie, because Bachman's stats were slightly better IN CONFERENCE GAMES. UND played the toughest schedule in hockey, and did the same thing he did to the likes of MN and Denver and CC to BC, MI State, etc. What a joke.

I'd love to see UND vs well, UND and let all the idiot pundets go cry somewhere.