Hobey Baker

sioux7>5

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is from the Hobey website.

Hobey Baker Award Ceremony

A staple of Frozen Four weekend every year, the Hobey Baker Award Ceremony takes place on Friday, the day before the national championship game. This year the Hobey Baker Award will be presented at the Pepsi Center in Denver, CO. This year's Announcement will be televised live nationally on ESPNU beginning at 5:30 pm, Mountain Standard Time, on Friday, April 2, 2008.

I am not sure but I think this was suppose to read Wednesday April 2. If that is the case, we can expect the announcement to come throught ESPNU. Should air in a couple of hours!

This is coming from an article in the Detroit Free Press...

The Hobey Baker Memorial Award Foundation on Tuesday announced the three Hobey Hat Trick finalists for the 2008 Hobey Baker Memorial Award, honoring college hockey

Boo well BS imo JPL deserves it more than all three of them combined, just shows that importance to a team and leading the nation in GAA and save % means nothing to the HEA I mean hobey baker selection commitee.

A WCHA player has won the Hobey six years in a row, I'm not convinced that the Hobey Baker Committee is quite as pro Hockey East as you think. :ohmy:

Disappointing for JPL, but oh well.

A WCHA player won the Hobey six years in a row, I'm not convinced that the Hobey Baker Committee is quite as pro Hockey East as you think. :ohmy:

Disappointing for JPL, but oh well.

Selection Committee terms are three years, and members may be reappointed. Selection Committee nominees are approved by a six-member Advisory Committtee representing expertise in all facets of hockey.

Expertise consists of whether or not you come from Boston. Bob "Turkey-Neck" Norton is back in business!

Hobey baker commitee members are appointed every 3 years, the years of the western bias are over. All hail 3 years of CCHA and HEA!

I am just playing but seriously I believe JPL deserved the hobey, even if I am a sioux fan, Porter is good, but michigan would prolly still be in the frozen four without him and gerbe well, where has he been all year? and Ryan Jones....lol what a joke, this guy is about as useful as a broken condom.

Hobey baker commitee members are appointed every 3 years, the years of the western bias are over. All hail 3 years of CCHA and HEA!

i called miami would win 1 game and be done all friken year and what happened? phil has been friken outstanding thsi whole year, a hat trick would have been justice but to be left out , dammmmmmmm

he will just stone gerbe's little punk azz over and over thursday!

oh well

hey cardinal? where was your hobey candidate from your team? they must have left him off the top 50 list :ohmy:

i called miami would win 1 game and be done all friken year and what happened? phil has been friken outstanding thsi whole year, a hat trick would have been justice but to be left out , dammmmmmmm

he will just stone gerbe's little punk azz over and over thursday!

oh well

That is a crime that JPL was left out. I for one will not be attending the Hobey presentation in denver.