SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA HOCKEY TOURNEY

AZSIOUX

Interesting read. So if Porter isn't that important to Michigan someone should have asked why he is the favorite for the Hobey.

I think it was more of a compliment to Michigan regarding their depth as opposed to minimizing the importance of Porter. Porter is the favorite because he's been the best player on the best team from day one IMO.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was more of a compliment to Michigan regarding their depth as opposed to minimizing the importance of Porter. Porter is the favorite because he's been the best player on the best team from day one IMO.

it was a compliment to their depth

tj oshie the best beat OVERALL player in the nation. with or without the puck. pp, pk or even strength

air force will not beat miami. miami has beaten up all year on teams like this-the redhawks struggles come against the top tier teams.

I don't think Air Force can be considered a push over by any means though, they've played some top teams very tough this year and of all 1 vs. 4 seed games, this one to me is the best chance for an upset.

I don't think Air Force can be considered a push over by any means though, they've played some top teams very tough this year and of all 1 vs. 4 seed games, this one to me is the best chance for an upset.

I'm not calling them a pushover, but they're not a top tier team either.

Denver is decent, but i don't think they are as good as some of those idiots on ESPN are saying. Even though Wisconsin has a losing record they will be very very tough to beat on there home ice. It would not suprise me to see a UND/Badger Final on Sunday.

I'm not calling them a pushover, but their not a top tier team either.

not at all. they did play 3 wcha teams and went 1-1-1, beating denver 5-2 at home and losing to ccc 2-1 in the springs and the sister kisser vs the gophers 2-2. i dont think they will win but if you had to choose 1 game of the #1 seeds to be a possible upset this is the one. that being said i say 4-2 miami

not much love for the sioux but that's not a bad thing. we'll fly under the radar.

No love for the Gophers. I think they have as good a shot as anyone to come out of that region. I'll be cheering for them vs. BC. Love to see another all WCHA FF.

I don't expect much from St. Cloud. The whole team had the jitters at the WCHA play-in game. From the very first shot on Weslosky, he was a basket case. If they were rattled at the Final Five, I doubt that they will be much better at the regional.

If they win vs. Clarkson, I'd be suprised. Unless they get 3 PP goals that game, they'll be one and done...again. They are weak 5 on 5. Defensively average at best and Weslosky is ok.

I'm torn as to who to root for in the denver/uw game.

dont cheer for anyone, just pick a team you want to lose :D

du is a better team than uw but who knows what could happen really. uw thouhht their season was done so ths is a new life for them as they needed 4 or so things to happen to even sneak into the tourney and they all happened. 3-2 either way...........not sure right now :D

Some think this game will be close. Maybe but WI has been off too long and they'll be rusty. Plus I don't think they score more than a goal. Plus playing a "confident" DU squad would be alright with me vs. an upstart Bucky squad in front of a home crowd.

Cheer for the BADgers. :D

I have to agree. I know we can beat both teams but I really think it would take a bad game by us and a great game by UW to beat us. With JPL in net, I don't think UW could score more than 1-2. With DU, they have slightly more firepower and seem to play us close. IMO, we root for Bucky.

I have to agree. I know we can beat both teams but I really think it would take a bad game by us and a great game by UW to beat us. With JPL in net, I don't think UW could score more than 1-2. With DU, they have slightly more firepower and seem to play us close. IMO, we root for Bucky.

i changed my du-uw pick in the bracket challenge, uw it is now :D 3-2 in overtime and im leaning on having UNH come out of the springs. i believe they play on big ice all year at home so that wont be a issue. maybe the altitude and home crowd may be a factor but lets remember cc got handled by UNH in new hampshire 5-3 and 4-2. what a regional that is going to be! im glad to be where we are now and that cc win in st paul may have prevented us from facing mich state probably 1st round

Tough call.

Assuming we get past Princeton, we'd either have to face DU, who always has our number in the playoffs, or UW in front of a huge pro-Badger crowd. Ouch either way.

I think DU is a better team than UW in all aspects...goaltending, offense, defense, and special teams. But anything can happen in a one-and-done, especially in front of a home crowd.

Tough call.

Assuming we get past Princeton, we'd either have to face DU, who always has our number in the playoffs, or UW in front of a huge pro-Badger crowd. Ouch either way.

I think DU is a better team than UW in all aspects...goaltending, offense, defense, and special teams. But anything can happen in a one-and-done, especially in front of a home crowd.

without a doubt du is the better overall team and facing anyone on their home ice in a 1 and done situation is scary no matter who you are and especially at a 2 vs 3 seeding.

I'll be rooting for the Badgers. I'd love to see another Badger-UND showdown if we can beat Princeton. It would make for an incredible game, even though I hate getting heckled for wearing a Sioux jersey when I live here. I would love to see Hak own Eaves again!