SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs CC

Dave P

First of all, LaPoint got a concussion on that check from behind at the start of the game. That is the reason why he was out of the lineup, not because of a coaching decision. He said he doesn't remember playing half of the game.

Second of all, I'm not sure how anyone can take you seriously.

Marto is a very good skater and can recover well. All things equal he is ahead of LaPoint.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't disagree more. You've got to give up a quality chance or two if you're going to play a more offensive game that results in more goals. The Sioux have done much better this year when scoring more goals. In these higher scoring games, the Sioux have often given up more goals as well, but they've almost always come out on top in the higher scoring games. In contrast, when playing a more defensive game and trying to protect a lead they've been more likely to lose. This Sioux team needs to keep pressing offensively and then rely on JPL for the rare breakdown. All you have to do is compare Friday's game with Saturday's. The higher scoring and more free-wheeling game resulted in a win, while the lower scoring and more defensive resulted in a loss. Let's forecheck our way to #8!! We've got more depth and skill. Let's make full use of it.

A lot of truth in what you say, and the sioux have always like to play aggressive. But it is not often you win against tourney level teams when you give up 4 situations where the skater goes in on the goalie alone. I love up and down hockey and miss some of the Blais style games. Hak's certainly hasn't molded team like Wisconsin, thank God, but he is pretty focused on keeping shots to the perimeter. The Sioux were something like 19-1-3 this year when the opponent scored 1 goal or less. They were 7-9-1 when allowing the opponent to 2 or more goals. It's true they had some high-scoring games (4-6) when they help other teams to 0-1, but the goals scored came down later in the season, which is pretty typical of teams ramping up for the tourney. I'd rather win with 5 goals or lose 6-5 than lose 2-1, that's for sure. Not scoring, especially with guys like Oshie, Duncan, and Genoway on the ice, is depressing. Let's hope they hang about 5 on everybody for the next 4 games and get another banner.

Did it bother anyone else that Darby couldn't pronounce Lamoureux's or VandeVelde's name right either game even though the other announcer got them right? I got tired of it so I sent a text question to them during the CC game asking if Darby would get their names right at all this weekend. They didn't answer my question on air....I was very sad! :glare:

Did it bother anyone else that Darby couldn't pronounce Lamoureux's or VandeVelde's name right either game even though the other announcer got them right? I got tired of it so I sent a text question to them during the CC game asking if Darby would get their names right at all this weekend. They didn't answer my question on air....I was very sad! :wink:

Did you hear him say that Brad Berry is coaching the Sioux still? :D

I think Jim Rich also said "Rylan Kelp".

Got to witness some classy goofer fans attempt to burn a Sioux t-shirt that they had bought in the arena (still had the tags on it) yesterday during the 2nd intermission when I was out for a smoke. They failed...it wouldn't burn, apparently security pulled their tickets and kicked them out.

Fun weekend...Sioux yesterday compared to game against DU was night and day.

Got to witness some classy goofer fans attempt to burn a Sioux t-shirt that they had bought in the arena (still had the tags on it) yesterday during the 2nd intermission when I was out for a smoke. They failed...it wouldn't burn, apparently security pulled their tickets and kicked them out.

This shouldn't surprise you - this is the same fan base that tried to burn their OWN campus down after they won the NC. :wink:

Did it bother anyone else that Darby couldn't pronounce Lamoureux's or VandeVelde's name right either game even though the other announcer got them right? I got tired of it so I sent a text question to them during the CC game asking if Darby would get their names right at all this weekend. They didn't answer my question on air....I was very sad! :wink:

Proud product of tUMTC academic excellence.

This shouldn't surprise you - this is the same fan base that tried to burn their OWN campus down after they won the NC. :wink:

I hear ya...it was just too bad since pretty much every goofer fan I chatted with over the weekend was pretty cool. Unfortunate there always has to be some idiots, but no matter what you could probably find a few jacka**es in every fan base.

Fun weekend...Sioux yesterday compared to game against DU was night and day.

Is this really that big of a deal? I mean, I've often thought of buying a cheap gopher hockey t-shirt, laying it on the ground, and then running over it with my car and just leaving it there with the tire tracks on it. I think that would be kind of funny. I don't see gopher fans buring a Sioux t-shirt to be anything but humorous, ESPECIALLY if they can't even get it to light. :wink:

despite this errors I thought Darby did a good job all weekend and called the games right down the middle.

Hey Chuck,

I'll gladly take constructive criticism but the "don't know how anyone can take you seriously" shot isn't very constructive.

If Lapoint was concussed, then that would be a good excuse for his awful play on friday. You could've left it at that.

In all seriousness, I agree with DAR, and this team is currently better when Marto is back there with Jones. I think Lapoint will develop into a fine hockey player, and I am not trying to pile on the kid. I just think he is currently not one of our six best defensemen. Whatever the reason for it. I am not calling for him to be cut or lose his scholarship. I want him there next season.

How anyone can argue that the team has not played better with Marto in, Radke in, and Kozek on the first line is lost on me. I've watched every Sioux game but three this year, and I just call it like I see it.

Hakstol was quoted a few weeks ago as saying that Lapoint needed to "work through some things" as the reason for his absence in the lineup. I think it is clear that he is seeing what I am seeing, and what many others are seeing.

I believe that LaPoint will end up being a very good d man, and possibly be a 1st liner someday. However, he is struggling as a freshman, and the best thing to do right now in the playoffs when it is 1 and done is to sit him. That hit on him against DU was, I thought, a CFB and from that point on he was not in the game.

I would be shocked if Marto isn't on D this weekend with Jones. Big ice and better speed. And Radke has to play as well. The team's record with him on the ice is what it is. He bring alot of intangibles to the ice.

I would be shocked if Marto isn't on D this weekend with Jones. Big ice and better speed. And Radke has to play as well. The team's record with him on the ice is what it is. He bring alot of intangibles to the ice.

As long as Radke limits himself to one dumb penalty a game we should be OK :silly:

Kyle took a penalty on Saturday :D

I do like the grit that he brings. You think that Denver would've run our guys like they did if Killer was out there to defend them? I can guarantee you Vossberg wouldn't

i think it was 2 minutes for prostitution (hooking for those who think im referring to something else) :silly: