SiouxSports.com Forum

Woog said WHAT?

SiouxMeNow

but the hilarity you provide while you're here is PRICELESS! I got a line for Wooger for the Final 5:

"This crowd is DEAFENING - except for the deaf people in the crowd."

Actually I think

"This is the greatest game anyone can say they've ever seen....except for the blind people"

gopherz Posted Today, 12:10 AM

That's the only way I can be a liked Gopher fan, crack the occasional joke or two. Oh wait...everyone called me a troll already, lol.

Don't be silly, You are tolerated here, not liked....or loved ;)

We are guests. Guests are always liked more when they are gone. ;)

I'm not tolerated or liked or loved :D Ha

Agreed on the gone.

Early in the first OT...someone help me in case I heard this wrong but I believe THIS was the quote...

"EVERYONE IN THIS BUILDING IS STANDING UP...except those people in wheelchairs" ;);):D

Yup...I heard it too. It caused my jaw to drop, as I thought that was a rather interesting thing to say to a live audience... :D

I agree Woog is a decent color guy, but he is such a HOMER!! Geez, I know FSN is the Gopher network, but at least TRY to call a somewhat even game.

Yup...I heard it too. It caused my jaw to drop, as I thought that was a rather interesting thing to say to a live audience... ;)

I agree Woog is a decent color guy, but he is such a HOMER!! Geez, I know FSN is the Gopher network, but at least TRY to call a somewhat even game.

I can appreciate a homer if they are willing to say their own team should be having penalties called on them in OT because they are so flagrant. Woog is.

I think Woog is great, biased,of course-who amongst us isn't. Very knowledgable, and witty to boot. By comparison, I think

Mazacco comes off as a dufas. although I can appreciate his enthusiasm for the game. Gorg and Dubay I find painfully

arrogant......ironically, often the same impression I have of many Minnesota fans. Even though I live in the Twin Cities

a d have all my life, my allegiance is to the Fighting Sioux.

Same old broken record but...

I love the fact that Masucko is so extreme in his bias that it makes Woog look like a Sioux fan. ;)

Can't forget who predicted a Sioux sweep two seasons ago, unfortunately Woog was playing his natural self cause he totally blew that prediction. ;)

Same old broken record but...

I love the fact that Masucko is so extreme in his bias that it makes Woog look like a Sioux fan. ;)

Boy what shock that the home town team announcers are homers.

Woog looks like a sioux fan--well I did hear some good solid complaining of the officials.

Boy what shock that the home town team announcers are homers.

Woog looks like a sioux fan--well I did hear some good solid complaining of the officials.

You know that the officiating has to be bad if both Sioux fans and Woog are complaining about the officiating in the same game. ;)

--well I did hear some good solid complaining of the officials.

I'm sure we'll hear plenty more of that from the bandwagon fans of the almighty M who will be flocking to the X tomorrow night. My, my, my how quickly we change from "This is the sorriest team I've seen ever as a fan" to "wow, we might be able to run the table and win an NCAA title!".

I'm sure we'll hear plenty more of that from the bandwagon fans of the almighty M who will be flocking to the X tomorrow night. My, my, my how quickly we change from "This is the sorriest team I've seen ever as a fan" to "wow, we might be able to run the table and win an NCAA title!".

You think Sioux fans are any different in this regard? The first half of last season the entire Sioux fan base was on suicide watch.

As much as I really detested him as a coach, I love Wooger as a color guy. College hockey's version of John Madden, but much less annoying. Is there a site or blog devoted to Woog's "best" quotes? It would be comedy gold. :)

I just created a page specifically for "Woogism's" on my website. I will need more content, but it's at least a start.

http://www.gopherpucklive.com/woogism.php