SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey Playoffs Talk

AZSIOUX

If it was so unfair why would Jutting allow the cheater to stay?

Change Gophers and Lucia for Sioux and Hak and you will realize how pathetic your argument is.

Think about it before you go off, think about the logstics of it. Think about the other 9 teams and think about maybe the officials make mistakes in all games and your judgement is a bit clouded in green. Sorry Goon, you have to be real about what you are trying to create. The reality of this is we all agree the refs make poor calls. The NCAA thinks Shep is a decent official, he is always at the Regionals/Frozen Four...I suppose the NCAA is in on it too? :(

I think you have your pee and red glasses on if you can not see that this weekend there were some horrible calls in favor of UMtc. They were given an advantage. Too many men on the ice call comes to mind. Right after there was a definite boarding call that was not called to give Mankato a PP. That is just one example, and that was a horrible call.

One last thing I do not think that hit on Pohl should have been a 5 minute major. It was from the side. But Oh No a goofer got hurt so he has to go. I think Lucias hit was more intentional to cause harm then the hit to Pohl. Just my opinion but I that it was a clean hit.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have your pee and red glasses on if you can not see that this weekend there were some horrible calls in favor of UMtc. They were given an advantage. Too many men on the ice call comes to mind. Right after there was a definite boarding call that was not called to give Mankato a PP. That is just one example, and that was a horrible call.

One last thing I do not think that hit on Pohl should have been a 5 minute major. It was from the side. But Oh No a goofer got hurt so he has to go. I think Lucias hit was more intentional to cause harm then the hit to Pohl. Just my opinion but I that it was a clean hit.

As I said, The calls went both ways. They were letting some obvious stuff go for both sides. Will you admit that? Gordon was checked from behind in the 2nd OT with no call....how does that work? they would have been searching for reason to give the gophers another advantage?

Not going to even start with the Pohl hit, not enough of a view for me to say. If Pohl was wearing green and white I am sure you would be consistant.

As I said, The calls went both ways. They were letting some obvious stuff go for both sides. Will you admit that? Gordon was checked from behind in the 2nd OT with no call....how does that work? they would have been searching for reason to give the gophers another advantage?

Not going to even start with the Pohl hit, not enough of a view for me to say. If Pohl was wearing green and white I am sure you would be consistant.

No, but he was airlifted to Rochester. There was a black helicopter standing by, I knew it!

I feel sorry for SCSU. Is there any doubt that Sheppard will be offciating Thur night?

If he calls that game like the UMTC/MSM series, it will be a hack/chop fest, which puts SCSU at a disadvantage vs. the Goophs.

It is also bogus the coaches decide who will officate a playoff game. It should be a clear policy - the same ref for all 3 games or always bring a new official for game 3.

This shows how "weak" the WCHA office is.

I feel sorry for SCSU. Is there any doubt that Sheppard will be offciating Thur night?

If he calls that game like the UMTC/MSM series, it will be a hack/chop fest, which puts SCSU at a disadvantage vs. the Goophs.

It is also bogus the coaches decide who will officate a playoff game. It should be a clear policy - the same ref for all 3 games or always bring a new official for game 3.

This shows how "weak" the WCHA office is.

That's what I don't understand. According to Brad, either a coach has to request it or if Greg Shepherd wants to make a change. Now, if Shepherd wants to make the change, go ahead and rotate the refs between the 2 series(Thul-Shepherd). If a coach requests it, hopefully it's required that both coaches agree to it and it's not just a one-coach decision.

Either way, the inconsistency and lack of definitive rules/regulations makes it all the more strange to me.

If anyone but Thul gets the Sioux/Denver game (would guess that we won't see Thul in any FF game), expect the tackling Pios to show up. Sioux may want to dress four o-lineman, send them in with Oshie in the backfield, and see if they can create a hole for Oshie to get to the net before being tackled. Would a goal then be worth 1 or 6?

Just for clarification, the 5 minute major penalty & game DQ wasn't for a check from behind, but it was for an "intentional" hit to the head. I quoted intentional because I do not believe the Mankato guy was out to injure Pohl, but that was the call. Hitting from the side wouldn't matter in that situation. And not only did Sheppard make the call, but so did the linesman. I usually don't argue calls when more than one official concurs.

I am a Gopher fan, so take it for what it's worth, but I actually thought Sheppard was good in OT. There was a lot of stuff going on both ways (MSU interferes on every single forecheck in the corner running picks against the D-man). The bottom line was other than a haul down on a major scoring chance, there wasn't going to be a penalty called. The small stuff would not give an opportunity to one side.

I am a Gopher fan, so take it for what it's worth, but I actually thought Sheppard was good in OT. There was a lot of stuff going on both ways (MSU interferes on every single forecheck in the corner running picks against the D-man). The bottom line was other than a haul down on a major scoring chance, there wasn't going to be a penalty called. The small stuff would not give an opportunity to one side.

The game was pretty amazing. After the game was tied in the third period I had it as three posts a piece for the Gophers and MSU.

Shep had some weird moments but if neither coach complained after Saturday he must have been OK. Shep had the wierd too many men call in OT Friday. I really thought he'd make them play 4x4 last night when Lucia crosschecked the MSU player behind the net after Kangas got ran by Kalinski again. Instead MSU got their OT PP. After that the whistle was swallowed and multiple infractions went uncalled both ways.

Both teams were gassed after Friday and there was little to no after the whistle issues Saturday or Sunday. I'm guessing due to exhaustion.

What are you talking about? The too many men on the ice call went against the Gophers.

No it did not, Mankato was called for too many men on the ice. But Mankato did get a short handed goal out of it. I hope you were being sarcastic Dave

OT game on Saturday night was when the Mavs were called for too many men on the ice....weak call considering the other stuff going on in OT. Mavs proceeded to take the puck down the ice and score. Heck of a great hockey series!

MSU-M was called for too many men in the 2nd OT on Friday night (was not a good call) and scored shorthanded to win game one. MN was called for TMM during the 2nd period of Sunday's game.

Both of MN's OT goals were even strength - thank God Shep did not give MN a pp during either OT Saturday or Sunday or MSU would have won the series.

thank God Shep did not give MN a pp during either OT Saturday or Sunday or MSU would have won the series.

Wait a minute, let me get this straight, so if WCHA officials screw the other team by calling penalties on them, then that will actually work to a disadvantage to the gophers and they will loose?

Well SCSU better hope that they get tagged for no less than 5 "BS" calls during each period Thursday night so the Gophers win :(

Do the events that unfolded this weekend completely disassemble the Sioux conspiracy theory that the WCHA cheats to make sure the gophers make the final five? Does anyone know how many unsold ticket packages were left as of Saturday night? :angry:?:(

That's what I don't understand. According to Brad, either a coach has to request it or if Greg Shepherd wants to make a change. Now, if Shepherd wants to make the change, go ahead and rotate the refs between the 2 series(Thul-Shepherd). If a coach requests it, hopefully it's required that both coaches agree to it and it's not just a one-coach decision.

Either way, the inconsistency and lack of definitive rules/regulations makes it all the more strange to me.

From what I heard, Hak was fine with Thul officiating the 3rd game, it was Russell who requested the change and therefore the change was made. I agree, I think that the league should have one ref work all three games or else automatically bring in a new ref for game three regardless of what the coaches say.

MSU-M was called for too many men in the 2nd OT on Friday night (was not a good call) and scored shorthanded to win game one. MN was called for TMM during the 2nd period of Sunday's game.

Both of MN's OT goals were even strength - thank God Shep did not give MN a pp during either OT Saturday or Sunday or MSU would have won the series.

You are correct, I should have known better as Saturday was a blur for me...tequila....need I say more.

The game was pretty amazing. After the game was tied in the third period I had it as three posts a piece for the Gophers and MSU.

Shep had some weird moments but if neither coach complained after Saturday he must have been OK. Shep had the wierd too many men call in OT Friday. I really thought he'd make them play 4x4 last night when Lucia crosschecked the MSU player behind the net after Kangas got ran by Kalinski again. Instead MSU got their OT PP. After that the whistle was swallowed and multiple infractions went uncalled both ways.

Both teams were gassed after Friday and there was little to no after the whistle issues Saturday or Sunday. I'm guessing due to exhaustion.

sagard- You should know that the coaches can't complain about it. If they do, they are fined. The Front office has made it so that the only time that officials can be criticized is at the coaches meeting during the offseason. There is usually far more important issues to take care of than the poor performance of an official in ONE game. Sure, if an official has a consistently bad year (like Schmidt) it might get a mention, but one blip isn't going to get things changed. Besides, imagine if Lucia came to the meetings and said "I think something should be done about SHepherd. In the March 16th game, he did [this] and [that]." Uh... that'd be whining. So I can't imagine the coaches making much noise at all about officiating. So Bruce and Daddy Shep come forward and say "We're awesome in officiating" when in fact, they are flipping jokes.

While we are on everyones favorite topic, the lack of quality officiating, how big is the missed goal call from the Wisconsin at Denver Series now. That one officiating blunder likely means that Wisconsin misses the NCAAs instead of the Gophers or Mavs. Regarding the investors for the regional in Madison I would consider suing the pants off of McClown and his little Shepards. With the wrong four teams that arena could be a morgue.

While we are on everyones favorite topic, the lack of quality officiating, how big is the missed goal call from the Wisconsin at Denver Series now. That one officiating blunder likely means that Wisconsin misses the NCAAs instead of the Gophers or Mavs. Regarding the investors for the regional in Madison I would consider suing the pants off of McClown and his little Shepards. With the wrong four teams that arena could be a morgue.

I'm still not sure if MSUM makes the NCAAs.

If it was so unfair why would Jutting allow the cheater to stay?

Change Gophers and Lucia for Sioux and Hak and you will realize how pathetic your argument is.

Think about it before you go off, think about the logstics of it. Think about the other 9 teams and think about maybe the officials make mistakes in all games and your judgement is a bit clouded in green. Sorry Goon, you have to be real about what you are trying to create. The reality of this is we all agree the refs make poor calls. The NCAA thinks Shep is a decent official, he is always at the Regionals/Frozen Four...I suppose the NCAA is in on it too? ;)

I would be willing to bet if your team had lost the game your fans would have been calling for Shepturds head. Take of your brown and yellow goggles for once. It was pretty obvsious from an outside fan what happened this past weekend.

I would be willing to bet if your team had lost the game your fans would have been calling for Shepturds head. Take of your brown and yellow goggles for once. It was pretty obvsious from an outside fan what happened this past weekend.

you really think the refs caused the gophers to win goon? seriously? or am i missing your point