SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey Playoffs Talk

AZSIOUX

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Derek Shepherd shows once again that he is an idiot. I'm surprised that things didn't get very ugly and bad. One thing I don't understand is why was he allowed to ref the 3rd game of the series? I thought they get a different head referee if a 3rd game is played? Instead of Thul we had Anderson for our 3rd game?

Anyways my heart goes out to Mankato State. I hope that they are still able to make it into the National Tournament. But it really would've been good for them to be in the Final Five.

Looks like attendance won't be an issue now though at the Final Five. :(

Wow Derek Shepherd shows once again that he is an idiot. I'm surprised that things didn't get very ugly and bad. One thing I don't understand is why was he allowed to ref the 3rd game of the series? I thought they get a different head referee if a 3rd game is played? Instead of Thul we had Anderson for our 3rd game?

Anyways my heart goes out to Mankato State. I hope that they are still able to make it into the National Tournament. But it really would've been good for them to be in the Final Five.

Looks like attendance won't be an issue now though at the Final Five. :(

It should be automatic, but if either or both coaches want a different official then they assign someone different for game 3. Jamie Russell wanted a different official for tonight(probably didn't like the fact that Thul is only official in the league who will actually call interference and obstruction type penalties)..Jutting probably decided to go with the Devil he knew rather than request a different one.(they would have probably sent Campion down there and then you are screwed against the gophs just the same)

For the Thurs game at least. :angry:

We don't show up for play in games, Friday afternoon games or third place games. :(

Shep got to ref because nobody complained about him. MSU had three OT pipes and the only OT PP. I'm thinking it could have gone either way.

We don't show up for play in games, Friday afternoon games or third place games. :(

Shep got to ref because nobody complained about him. MSU had three OT pipes and the only OT PP. I'm thinking it could have gone either way.

Totally agree, its everyday that a bunch of men pray for 2 inches more :( , same thing goes for us (just 6 more seconds) :angry:

How did I know that when I came on here the Gophers would only win because of some conspiracy or the Landcows getting screwed by the refs?

The better team with the better goalie won!! GOPHERS WOO!!!!

Didn"t mean to imply that. But it is kind of funny that nobody and I mean absolutely nobody was surprised to see the Brothers Sheperd doing the gophs games this wekend.(I sent an email out on tuesday to about 35-40 friends offering to bet anyone that Shep would be doing the Gophs games this weekend and got no takers). I was just pointing out that if Jutting asked for a different official he would have likely gone from one official who is notorious for being less than favorable to Gopher opponents to another one in Campion who may be more infamous.

From what I saw it looked like a hard fought series and the one team got the last lucky bounce.

Didn"t mean to imply that. But it is kind of funny that nobody and I mean absolutely nobody was surprised to see the Brothers Sheperd doing the gophs games this wekend.(I sent an email out on tuesday to about 35-40 friends offering to bet anyone that Shep would be doing the Gophs games this weekend and got no takers). I was just pointing out that if Jutting asked for a different official he would have likely gone from one official who is notorious for being less than favorable to Gopher opponents to another one in Campion who may be more infamous.

You mean to tell me you dont think the game tonight was called evenly? I thought it was very fair, both ways, all 3 games. Very well officiated series, I felt like we got screwed a few times, felt like we got lucky a few times.

How did I know that when I came on here the Gophers would only win because of some conspiracy or the Landcows getting screwed by the refs?

The better team with the better goalie won!! GOPHERS WOO!!!!

When Woog is asking questions about non-calls people must start to wonder

You mean to tell me you dont think the game tonight was called evenly? I thought it was very fair, both ways, all 3 games. Very well officiated series, I felt like we got screwed a few times, felt like we got lucky a few times.

Didn't see enough of it to know. I made a statement pre-series about who would be officiating and think it is funny that everyone knew ahead of time who would call that series. From what I heard it was pretty slanted against Mankato on Friday(and I observed same as I watched the 2 overtimes) but Mankato won that game and if Jutting was happy with Shep(didn't see reason to replace him) then it must have been OK in his eyes.

When Woog is asking questions about non-calls people must start to wonder

Woog didn't want the Gophers to win, he wanted to save face on his awful prediction :(

He bragged earlier about how he was doing so good but he really wasn't, he was 2/4 haha.

Anyone who picked Mankato wasn't thinking, its just obvious to me.