SiouxSports.com Forum

Latest on Bemidjis Arena

gfhockey

It will unless the Republicans raid the fund for some other reason. Or should they do what TPaw wanted and tried to get the contractors to put up the money to fix the I-35 and Crosstown interchange? That idea really worked well did it not? How else do you suggest they do to fix this major problem?

Maybe if we gather together in a peace circle, hold hands, and sing old Beatles tunes, the problem will just go away?

Or maybe we can convince ourselves that light rail really is the answer and that people will board trains taking them from Rogers to Maple Grove, at which point they exit the train and board a bus which will take them to downtown Minneapolis to work.

Maybe if we gather together in a peace circle, hold hands, and sing old Beatles tunes, the problem will just go away?

Or maybe we can convince ourselves that light rail really is the answer and that people will board trains taking them from Rogers to Maple Grove, at which point they exit the train and board a bus which will take them to downtown Minneapolis to work.

You did not answer the question.

You did not answer the question.

I'm still trying to find information that backs up your point of Republicans raiding dollars earmarked for past transportation expenditures. Help me out here. In a land controlled by the DFL, one Republican governor seems to be blamed for an awful lot.

• 1 month later...
Pawlenty is a douche

I haven't liked him since he sued ND because he didn't think we should be allowed to set our own hunting seasons. The case lasted about five minutes in front of a judge if I remember right.

Plus he welched on his bet and didn't wear an official Sioux jersey when he lost his bet with our governor. (And he claimed that Potulney and Irmen were "dual citizens."

I haven't liked him since he sued ND because he didn't think we should be allowed to set our own hunting seasons. The case lasted about five minutes in front of a judge if I remember right.

Plus he welched on his bet and didn't wear an official Sioux jersey when he lost his bet with our governor. (And he claimed that Potulney and Irmen were "dual citizens."

I remember that one. I just hope McCain doesn't pick him as a running mate. :lol:

I did an analysis of the Light Rail project in Minneapolis.

If you figured out how much you'd have to charge each rider to pay for the system (building it and operating it) you'd have to charge the 10 million riders about $10/ride (Assuming a 10% cost of capital). They're charging a $1.50 now.

I think you also have to consider the savings in road repairs and expansions.

I remember that one. I just hope McCain doesn't pick him as a running mate. :lol:

But then he'd be gone from Minnesota. I'm glad to see some money going toward "out state" arenas. Now if we could only get him to help education...

Our government in general cares not about education.

That's because their kids go to private schools.

As much as people like to hate on light rail, where is the outcry about Stadium handouts? They are a waste and will be just as much of a burden to tax payers as light rail. If tPaw and the rest of the repubs would have stood out against Pohlad or be currently telling Zygi to beat it, I could respect their tax positions a lot more. Of course cutting $200 million isn't a bad thing.

Some of that crap that the Dems sent to Pawlenty makes me really sad.

• 6 months later...

Just an FYI, Bemidji again approved the BREC. There was a mayoral race and two city council positions contested. If the opponents got the majority, they would have ceased funding for the project development, thus haulting the project. Luckily, the three candidates in favor of the BREC won and the project will (again) move forward. Newspaper article

Now it gets interesting with the CHA/WCHA . . .

Just an FYI, Bemidji again approved the BREC. There was a mayoral race and two city council positions contested. If the opponents got the majority, they would have ceased funding for the project development, thus haulting the project. Luckily, the three candidates in favor of the BREC won and the project will (again) move forward. Newspaper article

Now it gets interesting with the CHA/WCHA . . .

so hello Beavers and goodbye Seawolves?