SiouxSports.com Forum

NCC Tournament

bincitysioux

USD does not want to play UND again. Eventually UND will figure out a way to win against the Coyotes. I wouldn't be quite so sure the regional is going to be in Vermillion especially if they don't win the NCC tourney but even if USD wins out. The regional committee has never really given USD much for favorable seedings. If you remember back in 1994 the USD Men won the NCC at 16-2 and were easily the most deserving host but UND was picked to host over USD. USD missed the regional in 2001 as regular season NCC champs which may not have ever happend prior to that. I am sure you remember a year ago when UNO was seeded over UND in football for no commen sense reason other than to stick it to UND with the mascot/sueing the NCAA issue. Politics play into those regional selection committees and that came right from Tom Billiters mouth. I heard him say that on the radio. I doubt he would say that if there wasn't something to it.

USD might host the regional and I feel they deserve to but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they don't.

USD does not want to play UND again. Eventually UND will figure out a way to win against the Coyotes.

I sure hope so. I'm a long-time New England Patriots fan :angry: . I hope that UND does to USD what the NY Giants did to the Patriots this year. Lose in the regular season, but win in the playoffs.

I sure hope so. I'm a long-time New England Patriots fan :angry: . I hope that UND does to USD what the NY Giants did to the Patriots this year. Lose in the regular season, but win in the playoffs.

Sorry but you have had plenty of moments in the sun in womens basketball so this year USD deserves just one year of doing well.

Sorry but you have had plenty of moments in the sun in womens basketball so this year USD deserves just one year of doing well.

I doubt any of our players or fans feel any obligation to let this season slip by because we've had so much success in the past, and by the way...USD is enjoying a year of doing well. It has been a great season so far for both teams, especially USD, but with both teams making the change, I would say they both want this equally bad this year. Good luck to all in the playoffs, but as you are posting on a Sioux board, you can imagine where most of the sentiment is...GO SIOUX!

I just wish the USD fans, administration, players and coaches had the same expectation with success as the UND community. You've had so much more success in the sports that matter that it's not even a reasonable comparison. You've had what about 5-10 national titles to have fun with and I would just like to experience one. Winning has not been as high of a priority at USD as it is at UND. If it was we'd be doing more of it. That's exactly the reason certain coaches from the past were allowed to stay on far too long despite the teams they've coached not having any real big chance at national success. As I fan I am not accepting it any longer but unfortunately I am in the vast minority and get bascially chastized for even suggesting certain changes in things such as coaches or having too high of expectations in the first place. I've got to learn to be happy with a NCC title here and there and not expect anything more than that.

It was a disappointing performance by the ladies last night. One sub-par game against a four-win team like Duluth can probably be written off as something of a fluke, due in part to over-confidence after having beaten them so badly in Duluth. But for it to happen twice, at home, in such a short period of time is pretty hard to explain. The outside shooting was terrible last night, and if the Sioux are going to have anything other than a very brief appearance at the regional, that needs to change.

Last night also under-scored how difficult it's going to be to replace the scoring and rebounding of Ashley Langen next year. Besides Kimbrough, who is going to step up and be a consistent double-figure scorer? Who's going to help out Kimbrough on the boards? I think Roebuck needs to find a transfer at either the 4 or 5 position, and at least one more 3-point shooter.

Not to say that the women wouldn't have loved to have beaten USD for the championship, but other than winning the championship the game didn't have much impact. UND is seeded second in the regional and would have been with a win or loss yesterday. USD has now beaten UND three times this year. It is very difficult to beat a good team 4 times in one year. I'm sure everyone remembers back to 2003 when UND was 3-0-1 against Denver going into the Western Regional in hockey and losing 1-0.

The USD game wouldn't happen until they get to the Regional Championship. Take one game at a time and keep winning. :D

Not to say that the women wouldn't have loved to have beaten USD for the championship, but other than winning the championship the game didn't have much impact. UND is seeded second in the regional and would have been with a win or loss yesterday. USD has now beaten UND three times this year. It is very difficult to beat a good team 4 times in one year. I'm sure everyone remembers back to 2003 when UND was 3-0-1 against Denver going into the Western Regional in hockey and losing 1-0.

The USD game wouldn't happen until they get to the Regional Championship. Take one game at a time and keep winning. :D

For a team like UND who was picked not only to win the conference--but also as the pre-season number one in the country--to potentially lose four times to one opponent would be quite a disappointment. It's probably not a surprise that losing four times in a season to one opponent has never happened under Roebuck (it was all but impossible until the advent of the NCC post season tournament).

Was there some USD fans reaction to a "Hard Screen" right at the end? What was the deal at the end of the game with the Sioux walking off without shaking hands?

Roebuck did not want the women on the floor when the USD fans rushed the floor. They returned after a quick trip to the locker room.

The boo birds could be heard on the radio. USD cut down the nets. UND has never done that after a conference championship.

Roebuck did not want the women on the floor when the USD fans rushed the floor. They returned after a quick trip to the locker room.

The boo birds could be heard on the radio. USD cut down the nets. UND has never done that after a conference championship.

Good....I want the Sioux women to get new nets next Monday!! :D:D