AZSIOUX

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hakstol's post-game comments:

**Hakstol's 100th career win tonight!!!**

I guess it's nice to get the 100th win, but personally, I like the 2 points better.

The neutral zone is so tight. You take 2 strides and you're through it. I thought it took us a little bit to adjust to that. It changes the game a little bit.

The goal at the end of the 1st was a big goal. We did a lot of good things on the PP. We weren't real good on our side of the red line. Quite frankly, they had a little more intensity than we did. That goal at the end of the 1st was a huge goal, after we didn't get anything on our PP's. Sandy was complaining about a pick, but their guy didn't come out to challenge. Kozek to his ice, and that opened up the shooting lane for Chay. I think Oshie got a piece of it, but it will remain Chay's goal.

Vande's scored a couple of those kinds of goals this year. Stalock made some great saves in the 2nd period and Vande had the poise and patience to wait and put it through him. Oshie's line had 3 or 4 great opportunities to score, and it was great work 5 on 5, that caused that PP.

Phil was positionally very good. I thought in the 3rd period, he had 2 or 3 tough saves. He shut the door and kept the goose egg up on the board for them.

I think we have been very solid defensively. The 3rd period, though there was never any panic, we spent too much time in our end. You give up one and you never know. We didn't spend enough time cycling down low and getting pucks to the net. Watkins had a great game. The icing at the end wasn't his best play of the night, but we'll let it go.

Trupp's injury will be more than a couple of days. It looks like he has a break in one of the bones of his lower leg. We'll have to take x-rays. I couldn't be more proud of him for getting up and dragging himself off the ice. That's Sioux hockey. The guys were talking about it after it happened. Martens came in and played well where we needed him to play. Unfortunately, you don't replace Trupp with as well as he's playing, but we'll put someone else in there, and they have the opportunity to play.

All we can do is play our games. You can watch the games going on elsewhere, but at the end of the night, we have to make good of what we're doing. Whatever else happens, happens.

I went back and watched the Trupp injury again. It looked to me that as he fell to the ice, his leg ended up trapped awkwardly underneath himself and he rolled over it.

I'm thinking(hoping) ankle, but watching him try to get off the ice was painful to watch. :D

Hak said probable broken leg...maybe you can get that clip up on the video thread for us?

Trupp's a tough kid. I bet he's back for the Regionals...that's 4 weeks.

Good win for a game where we had zero puck luck, tUMD was playing really fired up, and we lost the anchor of our third line. Geez is Duncs snake bit right now or what??? I'd like to see him finally get rewarded in oh, i don't know the Frozen Four!!!

Just looked at it again,

Evan has the puck in front of the net, he turns to his left, falls down, with his left knee bent his left foot looks like it's under his right knee, then his upper body falls as he's shooting the puck, he rolls onto his back, looks like his foot is hung up under him for a split second, rolls onto his back, the frame is fussy but it looks like his left leg isn't moving with him, he rolls onto his stomach, lets go of the stick, gets on his kees and pushing off with his right foot crawls to the bench. On the bench, he's rubbing his left lower leg.

Trupp's a tough kid. I bet he's back for the Regionals...that's 4 weeks.

Good win for a game where we had zero puck luck, tUMD was playing really fired up, and we lost the anchor of our third line. Geez is Duncs snake bit right now or what??? I'd like to see him finally get rewarded in oh, i don't know the Frozen Four!!!

He was snake bitten in this game for sure but he did get 2 goals on the Saturday game against Bemidji.

Trupp is a great later line weapon. He is one of those energy guys who just make things happen. It really hurts our depth to take him out of the lineup :D

Let's all wish him a speedy recovery. Let's also hope this is our only bite from the injury bug from here on out.

Forgot about Dunc' pair vs BSU. All in all this year it seems like he's probably had a dozen pipes or miracle saves. Everyone gets a few, but it seems Duncs is getting everyone's share.

Next open net, Hak has to put Jones out there. It should be Oshie's mission to get Jonesey an empty net goal.

Forgot about Dunc' pair vs BSU. All in all this year it seems like he's probably had a dozen pipes or miracle saves. Everyone gets a few, but it seems Duncs is getting everyone's share.

Next open net, Hak has to put Jones out there. It should be Oshie's mission to get Jonesey an empty net goal.

Last year it was Kozek who had the love affair with the pipes, now it's Dunc.

Trupp is a great later line weapon. He is one of those energy guys who just make things happen. It really hurts our depth to take him out of the lineup :D

Let's all wish him a speedy recovery. Let's also hope this is our only bite from the injury bug from here on out.

it hurts for sure but it also gives miller a chance to step up tomorrow and maybe every night. it will be he or davdson it seems to fill in a forward. sucks trupper went down but someone needs to step up now and play solid hockey and as we all know injuries are part of the game. get well soon trupper!