SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ DULUTH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trupp's a tough kid. I bet he's back for the Regionals...that's 4 weeks.

I have a whiskey coke that says he doesn't it didn't look good at all.

I am hoping it is a deep bruise but I am not that positive. :D

MTU is 26th in RPI. A win tonight vs Denver makes them at least 25th. This adds 3-1-0 to our TUC

Before last night, they were a TUC, losing them didn't hurt as much as I'd thought it would in the comparisons. Having them back definitley will help!!

I don't think there was any video of it. They replayed to see where it happened but it happened outside of camera view.

you can see duncan get rid of the puck then you see duncan getting upended in the corner of the frame as i saw it and knew exactly what kaip was pissed about

I am pretty sure that the dogs won't be shut out the rest of the season.

I just hope its not a ground swell tomorrow. :)

Granted we are playing the top 2 teams in the league during this drought, but definitely not the best time for the O to go cold. If we don't get it fixed soon, we'll be on the outside looking in come April. We've already fallen to #13 in the PWR, which has to be considered "on the bubble".

Here's what I learned by watching Charter Main Street and listening to the UMD announcers.

Lammy took a dive as Fulton didn't touch him.

There was no reason for UND to get a PP because a Bulldog threw extra swings. This one does turn around at the end with the kneeing as Kaip should have gotten extra for throwing a punch.

A cross check that gets called when it doesn't affect the play, should make you chuckle.

JPL started his 56th straight.

We were enjoying an afternoon of high school hockey.

Chad Genoway plays for North Dakota.

They never said "Fighting Sioux". It was always, "Bulldogs vs North Dakota".

UND iced the puck on the PK.

Here's what I learned by watching Charter Main Street and listening to the UMD announcers.

There was no reason for UND to get a PP because a Bulldog threw extra swings. This one does turn around at the end with the kneeing as Kaip should have gotten extra for throwing a punch.

A cross check that gets called when it doesn't affect the play, should make you chuckle.

That logic just doesn't cut it. These are the same people that would say that the Sioux are a bunch of Goons if a fight had broken out after the leg check. Oh, it's only a leg check. :D

That logic just doesn't cut it. These are the same people that would say that the Sioux are a bunch of Goons if a fight had broken out after the leg check. Oh, it's only a leg check. :D

A leg check normally should not draw an adverse reaction (other than a 2 min penalty), as it is one of those reflex type plays where you go to hit the guy, he tries to avoid the check, and you try to move in front of him, but your legs collide. However, given the fact that someone had their leg broken (not from a dirty hit, mind you) earlier in the game, I can see why the Sioux players would be a little extra sensitive to plays like that.

Goalies are generally given a but more leeway when it comes to getting rough, unless they throw a Hauser/Kiprusoff-esque slash, as goalies get the most crap thrown their way out of any player on the ice.

I am watching the game that I recorded this afternoon since I was at the basketball games. I heard them mention that Anderson was supposed to be the ref but Thul replaced him. Did anyone hear why he was replaced?

Finally, One of you admits it! :D

Finally?? Mess with one of the Sioux players, you're going to feel the repercussion from the entire team, we know it, and we're proud of it.

Now go and get a manicure. That nail biting you've been doing this season has been really hard on them.

I am watching the game that I recorded this afternoon since I was at the basketball games. I heard them mention that Anderson was supposed to be the ref but Thul replaced him. Did anyone hear why he was replaced?

I heard it mentioned a couple of times, by both Pat S and Tim H, but it was never explained why. They did talk about other officials, and mentioned Randy Schmidt (sp) is out of a job because of the bad calls he made earlier this year.

A leg check normally should not draw an adverse reaction (other than a 2 min penalty), as it is one of those reflex type plays where you go to hit the guy, he tries to avoid the check, and you try to move in front of him, but your legs collide. However, given the fact that someone had their leg broken (not from a dirty hit, mind you) earlier in the game, I can see why the Sioux players would be a little extra sensitive to plays like that.

Goalies are generally given a but more leeway when it comes to getting rough, unless they throw a Hauser/Kiprusoff-esque slash, as goalies get the most crap thrown their way out of any player on the ice.

UMDDogz, that was a blantant bush league dirty leg check and has no room in hockey. A check like that in the NHL or OHL would trigger a brawl. There is no excusing that type of action. I went back and watched the tape is was dirty.

I heard it mentioned a couple of times, by both Pat S and Tim H, but it was never explained why. They did talk about other officials, and mentioned Randy Schmidt (sp) is out of a job because of the bad calls he made earlier this year.

Todd Anderson is a brutal offical as well...

Finally?? Mess with one of the Sioux players, you're going to feel the repercussion from the entire team, we know it, and we're proud of it.

Now go and get a manicure. That nail biting you've been doing this season has been really hard on them.

Unit, Core, God, Country....... :D