SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BSU BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

tn_007.JPGtn_IMG_7246.JPGtn_IMG_7687.JPG

The Sioux come off a HUGE sweep vs Denver at The Ralph. Move into a tie for first place in the WCHA but CC has played 2 less games than the Sioux and CC plays Duluth next weekend at the DECC so GO DOGZ! Bemidji comes into Grand Forks after splitting with Robert Morris on the road. They have played 5 WCHA teams whis season. Got swept by SCSU on the road and MSU in Bemidji. Split with UMD in a home and home each winning at home and lost to CC and Denver on the road in one game each. Phil Lamoureux and Company gave up only 1 goal again for the 5 time in the last 6 games. Big games as they all are and lets keep the 11 game unbeaten streak rolling and improve it to 12 and 13!

nodak.gif - Tied for 1st place in the WCHA - Tied for 2nd in Pairwise Rankings

Overall Record: 19-8-2 (.690)

WCHA: 16-7-1, 33 points

Home: 11-4-0

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sioux can't let down for this non-conference match-up. Bemidji is always excited to play us, and always show up, so we need to focus on the task at hand and win these games. CC also has to play Mankato in 2 weeks, and finish with Denver, so as far as I'm concerned, we control our own destiny in the WCHA.

then maybe so but hak can also go back on his word if he wants to :lol: i say he plays friday then if at all.

I don't think he will start (to keep J-PL's streak intact), but he may have some playing time.

To keep your start streak going, is there a certain number of minutes of play required to call it a start?

I don't think he will start (to keep J-PL's streak intact), but he may have some playing time.

To keep your start streak going, is there a certain number of minutes of play required to call it a start?

i dont know if the streak is a big deal record wise. i think hes started every game because he gives us the best possible chance to win every night without a proven back up and he has proven that with his hobey baker type season so far.if he does play i say walski friday and phil comes back saturday to tune up for the stretch run!! go sioux, spank the beavers

if not i would love to see phil start both nigths and get 2 more wins!!

i dont know if tha streak is a big deal record wise. i think hes started evewry game because he gives us the best possible chance to win every night and he has proven that. i say walski friday and phil comes back saturday to tune up for the stretch run!! go sioux, spank the beavers

Like stated above, Walski can play on Friday all he wants :lol: Lammy will play Sat. and Sun.

If I had to guess, Walski Sat., and if he wins, he'll start Sun. with Phil ready to go if something happens.

Like stated above, Walski can play on Friday all he wants :lol: Lammy will play Sat. and Sun.

If I had to guess, Walski Sat., and if he wins, he'll start Sun. with Phil ready to go if something happens.

;) time to cool it on the beers before i go out :D

no reason for phil to sit both. we just had a week off anyways and even if we didnt i think he should play sunday to get ready for the last couple of wcha series. lets win out those series and have cc lose 2 and we split the title :D or they split vs umd, msu and denver and we win title :D

Nope, you just have to start. That's what Wisconsin did last year with Elliott. He played the first shift and then went off the ice, so he got credit for the start.

if Walksi starts (or plays), how do you guys think he will do? He obviously doesn't have much experience, but any predictions?

I think he will make a good showing. Nerves might get to him early but I think if he gets to play for a while, he will look pretty good.

I think he will make a good showing. Nerves might get to him early but I think if he gets to play for a while, he will look pretty good.

get him a few early goals and he will be fine. if he gives up a few early ones he will be back to the bench. risky all around. i know he has worked his tail off but bsu always plays us tough so just dont want to say what if in the end. especially after gaining the 2nd spot in the pairwise now every game is so crutial. either way hak knows what hes doing and in hak we trust if he plays or not :lol:

This series has the potential to be one of those trap series. UND coming off of a big WCHA sweep and now playing at home a team they should throttle. Hak is back and I wouldn't expect this team to overlook this series coming up.

What are the odds we have a Forney siting vs BSU?

Depends: He could still take this year as a medical redshirt (he's played in fewer than 20% of scheduled games and none in the second half of the released schedule). What are the team plans for Michael Forney?

I'd guess we'll see Davidson and Miller.

I think UND needs to bury BSU this weekend.

they will and the sioux are rolling. they had a bad 2 periods friday and fought back and found a way to win the damn thing. thats character all around. put a whoopin on the beavers and keep the streak rolling into the last 2 wcha meetings and things will be looking mighty good