SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

as of right now we are tied for 4th in pairwise, keep winning and winning and we will get a 1 seed. go sioux!!

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/pwr/

tied for 3rd in college hockey news pwr, may be some diffeence of what games have been in so far tonight

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/ncaapwcr.php

Who would have guessed some of tonights scores.

The Mavs defeat Bucky 3-0 and better yet Ferris beats Miami 6-5

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There were some big individual efforts in tonite's game. Like Eades said, the team played with a lot of heart tonite and you have to give credit to everyone on the ice for this win but I'm going to mention a couple that stood out to me:

Oshie's awareness to ensure Genoway's goal wouldn't be waved off.

Oshie's effort on the wrap-around that SHOULD have rewarded him with a goal, but fortunately Kozek validated the effort by cleaning up the garbage.

Obviously, Kozek deserves his for a couple of fantastic shots. It's fun to watch that stick bend.

Duncan eating the puck and 4 Denver players with 10 seconds left in the game.

JPL shutting the door after a rough 2nd.

Genoway's desire. Genoway wasn't flawless tonite, at times trying to do a little too much, but with that you get beautful efforts and passes that lead to things like Kozek's first goal.

Gotta give credit to that whole first line who played like monsters tonite.

what a character win for the sioux. we played like crap early on through 2 periods but fiund a way to pull a W out and the 2 points. great job not giving up and winning one for the flipper ??? get the damn sweep tomorrow and blow these guys out. has to be a very demoralizing loss for DU and smurky face himself..GO SIOUX

way to rebound phil after a tough start, it could have been 6-1 easily but you stayed in it

kozek was a friken sniper and congrats on the hatty!!

I have to disagree. I thought we really controlled the play in the first and could've had a goal or two more.

I usually would have tuned out half way through the 2nd. I am a horrible fan like that, I can't stand to see my teams losing. I dont want to be cliche, but I had a feeling about it. Not to be cocky, but I really think UND is a better team than DU.

I have to admit to turning the channel to the UW-MSU game. Then my cousin in AZ started texted that we were scoring. Figured I was the bad luck charm, so only listnened to the end.

Did tape it though. ???

I'm so happy for Kozek. It seems like we saw the very best of Kozek tonite, well into his 3rd year. He got a couple open shots, made the best of them, played well in other ways (i.e. the beautiful feed to Chorney who nearly scored). That work with Dane Jackson on his shot paid off a bit more tonite.

If you can get the other goals on anytime soon it would be greatly appreciated. I didn't have web or TV access tonight. Thanks for all the time and effort putting this stuff together.

All Sioux goals for tonight are posted throughout this thread, but back to back in the Video Clips thread.

Lammy's numbers for this game will suck, but he didn't play poorly. Denver capitalized on a lot of puck luck.

It wasn't his best game of the year, by far.

Goal 1 - if he stays on his skates on the initial shot, the second shot is an easy save.

Goal 2 - didn't shut the 5 hole - it was a 2-1 though

Goal 3 - didn't control 1st shot, led to 2 rebounds - it was a 4-2 though

Goal 4 - bad coverage - where was Trupp?

It's especially tough on the team when you give 3 light ones, especially when you control possession and territory for most of the game.

It was good to see the team shake all the above off and play a great 3rd period, including Lammy. Hopefully he got this one out of his system.

It wasn't his best game of the year, by far.

Goal 1 - if he stays on his skates on the initial shot, the second shot is an easy save.

Goal 2 - didn't shut the 5 hole - it was a 2-1 though

Goal 3 - didn't control 1st shot, led to 2 rebounds - it was a 4-2 though

Goal 4 - bad coverage - where was Trupp?

It's especially tough on the team when you give 3 light ones, especially when you control possession and territory for most of the game.

It was good to see the team shake all the above off and play a great 3rd period, including Lammy. Hopefully he got this one out of his system.

I think I remember Sweeney saying something about Trupp being hooked (and a no call) on the 4th goal.