SiouxSports.com Forum

Miami - Mich.

Fetch

im also probaly still bitter about hall and bob "give me another doughnut" norton doing their hobey baker "analysis" last year that consisted of talking about three players from.... surprise, surprise, the east, including two goalies, who weren't even in the hobey hat trick :) the best is norton rambling on about how hensick... or the bu goalie... or the nd goalie... were definitely going to win it (way to stick your neck out and make a choice :D ) i wish they would have had a camera on norton when duncs won it!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im also probaly still bitter about hall and bob "give me another doughut" norton doing their hobey baker "analysis" last year that consisted talking about three players from.... surprise, surprise, the east, including two goalies, who weren't even in the hobey hat trick :) the best is norton rambling on about how hensick... or the bu goalie... or the nd goalie... were definitely going to win it (way to stick your neck out and mak a choice :D ) i wish they would have had a camera on norton when duncs won it!

Norton is a tool. It's disappointing that ESPN would have such an obviously biased (and way off base) idiot doing "analysis".

i agree mozsucko is brutal... i was just using woog as an example of what i wish all hockey sportscasters were like. knowledgeable and fairly objective in their analysis of the game. woog has his homer moments, as all do. i still stand by my other point... mike hall is the worst, and yes he is employed due to a reality show that lasted one season.

I think a lot of us could see our selves have a few with the Wooger and discussing hockey but with frank, nooooppe.

I don't think any of us have a problem with Wooger, its the guy sitting next to him wearing the RUG. Frank Mazzaco.

Frank is brutal there are maroon and gold shades and then there are maroon and gold welding masks.

Yup.

Masucko is an idiot and a tool to boot. I can't believe he wrote for USCHO. Must have been while they were desperate for staff writers.

I guess what I'd really like to see is a TV commentator team between two rivals in which the commentators were split half and half with homers. So, for example, Sweeney with Woog. That would be entertaining. OF course, Woog knows more about hockey than Sweeney, and Sweeney is no more a homer than Masucko, but at least it would be entertaining.

Yup.

Masucko is an idiot and a tool to boot. I can't believe he wrote for USCHO. Must have been while they were desperate for staff writers.

I guess what I'd really like to see is a TV commentator team between two rivals in which the commentators were split half and half with homers. So, for example, Sweeney with Woog. That would be entertaining. OF course, Woog knows more about hockey than Sweeney, and Sweeney is no more a homer than Masucko, but at least it would be entertaining.

I was told by a reliable source that Frank did the NCAA broadcast once and was never asked to come back again.

Sweeny is a sports guy but I am not sure it would go far with those two in a both, it might turn out to be a dud. Either of the two Tim's with Wooger would be fun.

I was told by a reliable source that Frank did the NCAA broadcast once and was never asked to come back again.

Sweeny is a sports guy but I am not sure it would go far with those two in a both, it might turn out to be a dud. Either of the two Tim's with Wooger would be fun.

That would be worth paying for. :)

I don't think any of us have a problem with Wooger, its the guy sitting next to him wearing the RUG. Frank Mazzaco.

Frank is brutal there are maroon and gold shades and then there are maroon and gold welding masks.

Maybe the problem is that no one's ever told Frank that he sucks. Maybe if one of us sat down with him and had a man to man talk he would work on his deficiencies and improve.

Obviously I lack the tact and discretion to pull it off. I therefore nominate Goon.

Some of you might like this article on the front page of the USCHO Front Page

[For many around the country, Friday's marquee match-up ended up exactly the way they expected. To them, second ranked Michigan's victory was more than just a win over a highly-touted conference foe. It was a referendum on what many see as an overrated team who has benefited from an extremely easy road. Though their strength of schedule is 24th nationally

What has gotten lost in this is a really COOL thing. Namely, one of the "have nots" has risen from the basement of college hockey and has bitten the CCHA powers on the butt.

I like the underdog, and I'd like to see Miami win.

And while I still think they are overrated (how about #7 for a fairer spot), its not their fault their schedule sucks. All they can do is win.

Don't coaches have a say in who they will play in NC games? Miami's had a weak NC schedule.

Don't coaches have a say in who they will play in NC games? Miami's had a weak NC schedule.

Sure. However, who you can get is dictated by money and tradition ... Their NC schedule is a lot of low ranked teams, to be sure:

Vermont (2) #24 power rating

RPI (2) #44

Canisius (2) #51

St Cloud #20

Ohio State #47