SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Officiating

The Sicatoka

Great piece by "The Virg" in the Herald:

I've said before that I think the WCHA is a great league, certainly the best in the nation when it comes to caliber of teams and facilities. It's a clear runaway winner in NCAA championships won. There is no question about that, and the league is right in boasting about that.

But it hurts itself by hiding in secrecy in important matters such as suspensions and disallowed goals,

Mum's the word might have won you a Benjamin Franklin on the old Groucho Marx shows. But You Bet Your Life it has no place in the WCHA. Enlighten us, WCHA, when things of this nature happen.

Seems the WCHA thinks not talking about its officiating issues will make us forget them.

But Feb 2 at Mariucci only highlighted them further.

It is a great article, Virg is right, the league office needs to come clean. So of these issues that have surfaced in the WCHA need to be addressed right now. The fans deserve better than we are getting right now. Bravo on the article.

I said before, and I'll say it again, the WCHA will not right itself until the member schools and their coaches decide they've had enough of the current regime. McLeod and Shepard really need to go, and it won't happen until the schools decide they deserve a better rules and officiating structure.

I said before, and I'll say it again, the WCHA will not right itself until the member schools and their coaches decide they've had enough of the current regime. McLeod and Shepard really need to go, and it won't happen until the schools decide they deserve a better rules and officiating structure.

Nothing else needs to be said as that sums it up! The chiasm between the player's talent and the dismal officiating in the WCHA is widening. :angry: In recent years better skill is flooding WCHA teams but worsening officiating is holding that talent back. And from a fan's perspective, games are becoming harder to watch.

I can't recall a year the Refs. have pizzed me off to this extent ;)

I have always considered it part of the game & that they are going to screw up - 1/2 the things that get to me this yr. - are not even our games :angry:

Speaking of the Virg--- Did anyone earn the Virg this year? Does it need to get sent to either Michigan or Miami?

I've always thought it important that the recipient's peak of excellence be midseason, not necessarily just be the best team midseason. Fortunately, this year we get both -- Denver was at #1 in the PWR on Dec. 31.

I've always thought it important that the recipient's peak of excellence be midseason, not necessarily just be the best team midseason. Fortunately, this year we get both -- Denver was at #1 in the PWR on Dec. 31.

I like it. DU claims their first Virg for outstanding mid-season achievement!

Nothing else needs to be said as that sums it up! The chiasm between the player's talent and the dismal officiating in the WCHA is widening. ;) In recent years better skill is flooding WCHA teams but worsening officiating is holding that talent back. And from a fan's perspective, games are becoming harder to watch.

I hope you meant chasm, I haven't discussed chiasma since Genetics with Dr. Sayed Jalal. :angry: