SiouxSports.com Forum

Tons of Sioux fans cheering!

JESUS,family,rutgers

Just saw the winning goal. The arena seemed to erupt with North Dakota fans. Are there usually that many Fighting Sioux fans at the Minnesota-Twin Cities games?

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

I haven't been to a game there, but with as many fans UND travels with, and how many live in the MSP area I'm sure there are always tons of fans there.

I haven't been to a game there, but with as many fans UND travels with, and how many live in the MSP area I'm sure there are always tons of fans there.

I was busy playing cards with a friend and had the game as background noise from the internet feed. When I heard the winning goal, I didn't catch who scored. However, I heard the big cheer. I thought, "DAMN!!!".

Then, I heard that Trupp scored. I went from being peed off to happy in about one second.

If you really want to hear some noise, watch and listen to Porter's overtime goal against the lowly rodents in last year's West Regional at the Pepsi Center in Denver.... (sorry, I'm technically challenged and don't have the link)

.... and then imagine how loud it will be in the Mile High City WHEN The Fighting Sioux take home National Title #8 in the same arena....

If you really want to hear some noise, watch and listen to Porter's overtime goal against the lowly rodents in last year's West Regional at the Pepsi Center in Denver.... (sorry, I'm technically challenged and don't have the link)

.... and then imagine how loud it will be in the Mile High City WHEN The Fighting Sioux take home National Title #8 in the same arena....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uZBMaaAzhE

Thanks, Farce... I knew someone would come through with that. Now I don't have to feel any more computer illiterate than I already am.. I can just sit back and enjoy Porter's goal again and have yet another Long Island (Not Frazee's recipe either) And if you want to hear some more noise...how about the MN/Holy Cross game at The Ralph.....(hint)

GO SIOUX!!

SWEEP THE RODENTIA!

Box Score said 10222 or something to that effect. It was a sell-out it said.

I was at the game last night and noticed a lot of gopher fans either left after the 3rd period or left their seat and stood up in the standing room area closer to the door. I guess the 10 minutes they saved in traffic was worth missing the most exciting goal this season!

Here's to the SWEEP!

watching on T.V. it looked like a lot of empty seats, anybody know the numbers on attendence?

My brother said he heard there was some sort of huge traffic jam (surprise) and that they were filtering in slowly as the game started.

Watching the game, it did get fuller as the game progressed.

My brother said he heard there was some sort of huge traffic jam (surprise) and that they were filtering in slowly as the game started.

Watching the game, it did get fuller as the game progressed.

There was also a University of Minnesota wrestling match as well.

However there were still A LOT of empty seats during the game. My dad, his two friends, and I just bought 4 general admission tickets and were able to all sit together 9 rows from the ice on the side the Sioux defended twice since they were empty. Probably won't be as lucky tomorrow since it's a Saturday but I'm hoping for the best.

I was at the game last night and noticed a lot of gopher fans either left after the 3rd period or left their seat and stood up in the standing room area closer to the door. I guess the 10 minutes they saved in traffic was worth missing the most exciting goal this season!

That's pretty typical Goofy fan response. Unless their team is up, they slither away like the true hockey fans they are. See the same thing at the Final Five.

I was there in person three rows up from the net. Yup...we made a lot of noise.

I had a great time. I sat in the middle of a bunch of Gopher fans. I dreaded it, then found them to be quite fun to chat with and very gracious on the outcome of the game.

yeah, the game was pretty packed. The second Trupp scored his goal, me and my friends were jumping up and down in the aisles. But i noticed most of the gopher fans stood up, grabbed their coat, and walked out. Deffinetly a nice turn out of sioux fans tho. Hope they can keep this undeafeted streak up now

We got this explained to us by a Gopher fan while we were in our SRO area. Apparently most of the season tickets are bought out by corporations, who rarely use them. The arena sells 1,000 SRO seats before the game starts so that other people can sit in the corporate seats that aren't being used. The student section doesn't fill up until at least halfway through the 1st period, but usually not until the 2nd period.

Due to the big wrestling match AND the Sioux/Gopher game, there was a lot of traffic coming into the area on Friday night. Saturday night was much easier to find parking.

But yes, there were TONS of Sioux fans there both nights. We travel well!

I thought the Ralph filled slow, Mariucci didn't seem like it filled till the later part of the first to the early part of the second, or so it seemed anyways. Williams Arena is right next to Mariucci and they had a big wrestling match Friday night between MN and Iowa, attendance for that was 7700, so I'm sure the added traffic had a lot to do with it.

Question.............Why aren't UND's cheerleaders throwing on their skates anymore? I noticed Minnesota's did skate/dance routines before the game and between periods. During the game they would take three aisles and do their cheers in just those aisles that whole period, next periond they would move to three different aisles...........anyways, I don't mean to compare them with UND's, but doing that looked a lot better than how UND does it by moving aisle to aisle to aisle with each whistle. Just an observation.

Edited the word, thankyou for pointing it out.