SiouxSports.com Forum

dilema

siouxweet

final 5 hands down. not even a question. 5 games. great teams, great fans, great hockey, great arena

regional - depending on teams the crowds are ok unless its at the ralph of course :huh:

and i can think of worse dilemas ;)

And there is a beer stand at every corner...

only if its at the ralph, otherwise no way over the final 5.

The regional tournament may not be as many games and there aernt many great rivalries, but the regional tournament is do or die hockey. there is so much more to gain and more to lose than there is the final five. it is the last chance for all the seniors, Oshie, chorney, finley to achieve something great, something bigger than themselves.

this all combines to make for the most exciting Sioux hackey games.

thats just my view on things.

The regional tournament may not be as many games and there aernt many great rivalries, but the regional tournament is do or die hockey. there is so much more to gain and more to lose than there is the final five. it is the last chance for all the seniors, Oshie, chorney, finley to achieve something great, something bigger than themselves.

this all combines to make for the most exciting Sioux hackey games.

thats just my view on things.

great points for sure. i just love the laid back atmosphere of the final 5. party style. ide rather watch the regional from home if i knew i was going to the frozen 4.

great points for sure. i just love the laid back atmosphere of the final 5. party style. ide rather watch the regional from home if i knew i was going to the frozen 4.

yeah the final five would be fun and relaxed. if i had to choose i would do all 3 and i bet i would never regret it!!!

Are you going to be coming up for any of them this year?

If the sioux make it to the frozen four i will be there. (knock on wood) i am very excited as the season is winding into the playoffs soon and i am looking forward to hopefully going to my 2nd frozen 4. (my 1st was last year in st louis)

;) The WCHA Final Five is "HOCKEY MARDI GRAS"! :huh:

Absolutely!! Sooooo, much fun! There are eight of us that have gone together for a few years and we meet up with other great hockey fans too;not all are Fighting Sioux fans which makes it more interesting. We'll keep doing it as long as there's a Final Five!!

my wife and I are going to the frozen four this year and we've agreed that we will take one other sioux hockey related trip, either the Final 5 or the regional wherever it is, any suggestions as to which would be the better one to take?

Depending on where you live, I'd say the Frozen Four. The reason I say that is because of the "road trip" with your friends. Nothing beats the car ride, even though they are long. Camping out for tickets the last 2 years was also memorable. Well worth the prime seats we received and got to meet Coach Hakstol. I've made the last 3 Frozen Four's and 4 in my life. I think the last year was good, but Milwaukee was my favorite of all time so far.

The Final 5 is fun, but is usually less of importance for the most part. It's more a fun atmosphere like other people said. The Frozen Four is all business.

Depending on where you live, I'd say the Frozen Four. The reason I say that is because of the "road trip" with your friends. Nothing beats the car ride, even though they are long. Camping out for tickets the last 2 years was also memorable. Well worth the prime seats we received and got to meet Coach Hakstol. I've made the last 3 Frozen Four's and 4 in my life. I think the last year was good, but Milwaukee was my favorite of all time so far.

The Final 5 is fun, but is usually less of importance for the most part. It's more a fun atmosphere like other people said. The Frozen Four is all business.

the choice is between the final 5 and the regional, not the frozen 4 as they are already going there ;) just to clarify

Well if this helps:

MN is the State of Hockey, and St. Paul is a great city to come watch hockey.

The Final Five is great atmosphere and a pretty good value for five games of hockey.

They serve alcohol at the WCHA Final Five....I am pretty sure no booze is allowed at NCAA events so there would be no suds at the Regional.

And this may or may not matter, the Final Five falls on Easter Weekend this year---and the WCHA tourney has practically turned into its own holiday at my house, so I'll be killing 2 birds with one stone this year! I think the choice is clear.

Final Five packages are on sale now, buy today! And book your hotel room ASAP.