SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be surprised if Marto doesn't get at least one game. I think that at this point, he is a better skater than LaPoint, and that might be a nice benefit on the larger sheet.

I think Marto overall has shown more than Lapoint. Lapoint doesn't seem solid on the defensive side yet and Marto looks impressive to me in that regard. Also, look at the games where Marto has been in vs LaPoint, I think we have had most of our really impressive defensive games of late with the Jones- Marto combo. And while I mention Jones, Think about the times were he has been really noticable and making plays. Wasn't that the weekends he was with Marto?

Well folks should be a fun weekend of hockey. Not too optimistic on the Gophers chances but rivalry games you never know what to expect.

I don't know how to read this series. December of 05 nobody gave MN a chance against the sioux in Grand Forks and the gophers ended up sweeping. Last year nobody gave the sioux any chance but they ended up sweeping the Gophers. This year nobody is giving the Gophers a chance so who knows. The Gophers certainly have had the same issues all year long and that will not change. For some odd reason the weakside winger fails to cover the man in the slot and that issue has been exposed all season.

The bigger ice surface will be a huge advantage for the sioux. If und can establish a transition game then it is basically all over but the crying. This year MN is not the surgical tic-tac-toe passing and scoring attack of the past. They still generate plenty of offensive chances but just can not find the back of the net. At this level of hockey it is all about execution.

The power-play is beyond embarassing. It is so bad I often laugh at the ineptitube Hell sometimes they don't even get a shot on net. So even if the refs are on the gopher payroll it won't matter :lol:

The series in december I thought the gophers were the better team but und has seemed to find its game since that series.

The gophers come into this series as the far more desperate team. Mn to a certain extent still controls their own destiny for home ice in the wcha playoffs. MN is on the outside looking as far as ncaa tourney bids are concerned. If und sweeps then essentially the Gophers season is over unless by the miracle of lord they happen to win the Final 5(very doubtful). Und is basically jockeying for ncaa positioning.

I don't know. Always a fun weekend of hockey when these teams square off.

The power-play is beyond embarassing. It is so bad I often laugh at the ineptitube Hell sometimes they don't even get a shot on net. So even if the refs are on the gopher payroll it won't matter ;)

I remember a couple of years ago when our powerplay was absolutely horrendous (can't remember the year exactly) and when a penalty was called on the opposing team everyone in my section would yell

"WE DECLINE" :lol::D

I remember a couple of years ago when our powerplay was absolutely horrendous (can't remember the year exactly) and when a penalty was called on the opposing team everyone in my section would yell

"WE DECLINE" :lol::D

Was that the Parise Bochenski year. If I remember right we started off the season 0--43 or something like that. If you dropped that off the rest of the year was average.

With those guys we should have been lethal on the power play. Who knows why it worked out that way.

Was that the Parise Bochenski year. If I remember right we started off the season 0--43 or something like that. If you dropped that off the rest of the year was average.

With those guys we should have been lethal on the power play. Who knows why it worked out that way.

Actually Blaiser had some teams that were horrible on the PP and not that good on the PK as well...

Do they let folks in to those practices? Stub and Herbs is always a hoot. They oughta run a mop through that place every now and then to flush out some of the Gopher bull$!@# that accumulates on the floor.

yep - sure do as it is a public building. I have not gone to a practice for a couple of years - but I have to believe that it is still open though. the gal I spoke with did not hesitate in letting me know what time it was and di not say anything about it being closed.

man, just tell barriball its right in the middle of the ice on each end. its outlined in red metal and has a white net. this is the crappy part, there is usually a guy with pads on trying to prevent anyone from putting the puck in. hope this helps jay as its obvious he needs a little help. oh yeah, make sure he doesnt shoot at the net wit the same color jersey as hes wearing. that should be it. best of luck bare a balls

not your usual gophers article

great quote in bold by the lucia pet, ill give him that

The Gophers will have an opportunity to make a move in the standings (where they are sixth) and in the PairWise rankings (where they are 17th) during the last five series of the regular season.

After UND comes to town this weekend, the Gophers play Denver, Wisconsin, Alaska-Anchorage and Minnesota-Duluth.

man, just tell barriball its right in the middle of the ice on each end. its outlined in red metal and has a white net. this is the crappy part, there is usually a guy with pads on trying to prevent anyone from putting the puck in. hope this helps jay as its obvious he needs a little help. oh yeah, make sure he doesnt shoot at the net wit the same color jersey as hes wearing. that should be it. best of luck bare a balls

I feel sorry for the kid, he probably works harder then anyone out there for a guy his size and has had the chances, just can't find the net. Perfect example of the dreaded "Sophomore slump".

I feel sorry for the kid, he probably works harder then anyone out there for a guy his size and has had the chances, just can't find the net. Perfect example of the dreaded "Sophomore slump".

His thumbs and pointer fingers must be out of shape since he's only been able to "PoP" the jersey three times this year. :D although i'm sure the team still works on that move in practice. :lol:

FROM GPL on discussion of fights they'd like to see this weekend:

FIRE HELMET GUY #26 wrote:

How about Frazee and Bina! God knows at this point Frazee probably could not even stop a punch. (All right, that was a bit cruel)

Cardinal replies:

All Frazee would have to do is put a Paukovich jersey on and Bina would crap his breezers...

WOW - lotta class over there. Of course this doesn't represent all Gopher fans - but what a thing to say.

Classless as hell if you ax me :lol: Not a fan of comments like that and really no need for it. Don't think that typifies all gopher fans.

Really this rivalry needs to go back to the good ol days. when the gophers played in Grand Forks John Mariucci used to go over to the und coaches house (can't remember his name) and those 2 would get all drunked up Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday night. Then when the sioux would play in minneapolis the und coach would go over to Mariucci's house and do the same.

My father-in-law was telling me a story that back in the 60's he and his buddy drove from GF to minneapolis for the siox gopher weekend and attended a party saturday night after the game and the players were yucking it up and having a grand ol time.

Some of the horror stories I have heard of sioux fans and gopher fans acting like complete d-bags really makes me cringe and somewhat embarassed. Really it is just a game people.

not your usual gophers article

great quote in bold by the lucia pet, ill give him that

The Gophers will have an opportunity to make a move in the standings (where they are sixth) and in the PairWise rankings (where they are 17th) during the last five series of the regular season.

After UND comes to town this weekend, the Gophers play Denver, Wisconsin, Alaska-Anchorage and Minnesota-Duluth.

and then some, wow..didnt realize he only had 3 goals this year. thats bad

FROM GPL on discussion of fights they'd like to see this weekend:

FIRE HELMET GUY #26 wrote:

How about Frazee and Bina! God knows at this point Frazee probably could not even stop a punch. (All right, that was a bit cruel)

Cardinal replies:

All Frazee would have to do is put a Paukovich jersey on and Bina would crap his breezers...

WOW - lotta class over there. Of course this doesn't represent all Gopher fans - but what a thing to say.

i hear ya but i dont think you are suppose to be copying and pasting from other message boards. just looking out for ya and cardinal is just mad that he doesnt have a blog anymore :lol:

i hear ya but i dont think you are suppose to be copying and pasting from other message boards. just looking out for ya and cardinal is just mad that he doesnt have a blog anymore

Didn't realize that (should have) - my bad. Thanks for the heads up AZ. Will remove it if I figure out how. Otherwise I'll let admin remove with my apoloigies.

Isn't this board alot more peaceful without rodent trolls posting their arrogance and sense of self-entitlement??? This weekend's predictions: Sioux sweep, while rodent fans try to spin the fact that they support a far inferior team by saying UND fans complain too much about officiating. Go Islanders.