SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Hockey

GeauxSioux

I am hearing from someone close to the team that Idalski is making an impression. He is very strict, but very well liked by at least most of the team. At least some feel that they may have one of the top coaching groups in Div. I. A couple of them may be having second thoughts, however. Two players evidently disrespected the women's locker room and so the entire team has been moved to the visiting team locker room as an attitude adjustment until they deserve to get their locker room back. Looks like the new sheriff in town wants it done his way.

Is his office near Roebucks? Because I know Gene has the same propensities!!! :)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game last night. The team's basic fundamentals looked better than they have in the past. The crowd was pretty small, but they seemed more into it than they have ever been.....that was refreshing to see......way to go student section. :) I loved hearing the sieve chant.

I have to admit, I didn't go to a lot of games last year, because I was upset about what was going on with the coaching situation......and that the Woosters had left. I will be at more games this year.

We have no seniors, four juniors and the rest are sophomores and freshman......I hope that they have a fun year, and that this is the first season in building a strong program at UND.

Good luck, ladies.

I was at the game last night. The team's basic fundamentals looked better than they have in the past. The crowd was pretty small, but they seemed more into it than they have ever been.....that was refreshing to see......way to go student section. :) I loved hearing the sieve chant.

I have to admit, I didn't go to a lot of games last year, because I was upset about what was going on with the coaching situation......and that the Woosters had left. I will be at more games this year.

We have no seniors, four juniors and the rest are sophomores and freshman......I hope that they have a fun year, and that this is the first season in building a strong program at UND.

Good luck, ladies.

HAHA, you should have joined us, we needed another voice. The game was fun, and the girls looked good. Good Luck to them and keep it up.

The women have started their season against Boston University...any updates?

2 -1 BU with half of the third to go.

Make that tied . . . and going into OT.

I'm getting this from the USCHO boards cause there's no coverage elsewhere.

BU wins in a shootout. Good luck tomorrow against NU. It may not be the ***-whipping I'm hoping the men's team will give the Huskies in a couple weeks, but if you can get BU into OT you can definitely beat NU.

BU wins in a shootout. Good luck tomorrow against NU. It may not be the ***-whipping I'm hoping the men's team will give the Huskies in a couple weeks, but if you can get BU into OT you can definitely beat NU.

Too bad to lose a game in shootout. I did not think that they were going to shootout this year in NCAA div 1 hockey. Maybe because it is a tournament??

Too bad to lose a game in shootout. I did not think that they were going to shootout this year in NCAA div 1 hockey. Maybe because it is a tournament??

Hold the presses...

2-2 OT - UND

And from the boxscore...

The game officially ends in a tie. Boston Univ. wins the game in a shootout.

It looks like UND is 0-0-1.

:huh:

Hold the presses...

2-2 OT - UND

And from the boxscore...

The game officially ends in a tie. Boston Univ. wins the game in a shootout.

It looks like UND is 0-0-1.

:huh:

Yes, the shootouts are purely to help determine the winner of the tournament. They do not factor into the official record of the game for season statistics.

Idalski appears to have transitioned the Sioux very quickly. Hopefully NU will be as sieve-tastic tomorrow as they were last season.

I was at the game and it was my first womens hockey game that I have ever seen. Very good skating and I was impressed. I will definately attend more. It really got my heart racing to see the people in a Sioux uniform flying up and down the ice. We had a nice small group of fans at the game despite it being over 80 degrees outside and sunny in the Twin Cities. The Sioux women took some steps forward this weekend. GO SIOUX! Can't wait for them to come to St.Cloud (where I live) and watch them in action again.

• 2 weeks later...

Sioux complete the sweep winning 3-0. Decent sized crowd at the game. And there was almost a fight!

Oh yeah... Paulson (?) got hurt.... I'm pretty sure she didn't know where she was when she was helped up..... my guess would be that she might have been knocked out, looked like maybe she got a skate to the head