SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Hockey

HockeyMom

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HAVE NEVER READ A BIGGER LOAD OF CRAP IN MY LIFE!!!!

I agree!!! Appparently in the fifth year of the program winning does not matter, just having the team get alone. So is it going to take another 5 years just to have the team get along. Maybe if there was some leadership and coaching this would not even be an issue at this time. Look at other start up programs such as Minnesota who started in 97-98 by 02-03 they held a national championship banner in their hands. This is the fifth season for the sioux and they are not even close to winning 50% of their league games. When is somebody going to take action?

I agree!!! Appparently in the fifth year of the program winning does not matter, just having the team get alone. So is it going to take another 5 years just to have the team get along. Maybe if there was some leadership and coaching this would not even be an issue at this time. Look at other start up programs such as Minnesota who started in 97-98 by 02-03 they held a national championship banner in their hands. This is the fifth season for the sioux and they are not even close to winning 50% of their league games. When is somebody going to take action?

Well UND did not land a Team Canada coach and her connections. Besides Cornell did and how good are they?

Well UND did not land a Team Canada coach and her connections. Besides Cornell did and how good are they?

Only coaches that have a clue keep their connections!

and Cornell dosent have our history and rink!

THis game was a sad display of girls with talent who are not being taught how to use

it and will probably quit again BY next year..

WE ARE WORKING WITH FULL SCHOLARSHIPS!

BUT EVEN IF WE WERN'T THAT IS NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT I SAW YESTERDAY AND TODAY!

Only coaches that have a clue keep their connections!

and Cornell dosent have our history and rink!

THis game was a sad display of girls with talent who are not being taught how to use

it and will probably quit again BY next year..

WE ARE WORKING WITH FULL SCHOLARSHIPS!

BUT EVEN IF WE WERN'T THAT IS NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT I SAW YESTERDAY AND TODAY!

Shut out in four games? I agree the talent is there. I did like how #7 Ashley Lynch played. She seemed to be in the play but lacks muscle. However makes up for it in heart. ;)

IMHO, no emotion on the bench from the coaching staff. ???:ohmy:

Not good, not good at all. :ohmy::angry:

It doesn't get any easier it looks like, best of luck to them.

Ain't that the truth. Possibly the best team in the country on the docket for this weekend. I've now watched three of the top ten ranked teams (including #'s 1 & 2) and the Badgers are the best IMO. Outstanding goaltender in Vetter, they play extremely well in their own end and almost always limit opponents quality scoring chances to next to none. They've got plenty of fire power up front too. Man would I love to see an upset.

Watched just the 2nd period on the UW website streaming video. It wasn't pretty. Looked like UND's tender got hung out to dry a few times with not much help down low. As noted earlier tho...Wisconsin is tough and can bring it to you with three lines without any let up.

You don't have to be an expert to know that's not very good......maybe it's time to make some changes at the top.

Oh oh not good when HockeyMom starts looking for a shake up.

An interesting stat is this.

GOALS BY PERIOD 1 2 3 OT Total

-------------------------------------------

UND................. 1 2 3 0 - 6

Opponents........ 11 8 3 0 - 22

SAVES BY PERIOD 1 2 3 OT Total

-------------------------------------------

UND................. 48 58 71 0 - 177

Opponents........ 25 54 33 0 - 112

UND need to start playing the 3rd period in the 1st. Is it freshman jitters contributing to the slow starts? They certainly seem to be playing much better by the 3rd.

They need to play with that intensity for 60 minutes.

Yeah tough conference start. Wonder how it would have been if they had of started off the season against Bemidji, St. Cloud and Ohio State? Hope the girl's confidence is not too badly shaken.

Definaltly a tough schedule, but you have to play all of those teams sometime in the season.

"UND need to start playing the 3rd period in the 1st. Is it freshman jitters contributing to the slow starts? They certainly seem to be playing much better by the 3rd.

They need to play with that intensity for 60 minutes.

"

yep you have to worry about freshman jitters when you team is 66% freshman!

HUH, I wonder how we can keep kids around :D?:)?:D

Should I call the captain obvious or do you want to.

it IS time for a change...SOON...nothing against Shantell - just not the right coach at this time...

I don't think it should be anything personal against Shantel, it just boils down to the stats-obviously the team can't produce while she is leading the team. Maybe things will change in the next few weeks......right now it's not looking too good.

I don't think it should be anything personal against Shantel, it just boils down to the stats-obviously the team can't produce while she is leading the team. Maybe things will change in the next few weeks......right now it's not looking too good.

I know enough to get personal

giver her the boot

The sad truth is that even if things do change she is just not a head coach.

I believe there is enough talent on the team to overcome her.

Our ability to get good recruits is so limited with her, I have talked to more parents at tournaments

who's kids will not even consider this school while she is here. Sadly I agree with them.

If she sticks around longer we will have to yet one more year we will have to suffer because we are

missing out on top recruits.

I have even heard that recruits have lactually laughed when our school contacted them.

There is no reason we don't alreay have some olympians here.

We are so much better than that.

I know enough to get personal

giver her the boot

The sad truth is that even if things do change she is just not a head coach.

I believe there is enough talent on the team to overcome her.

Our ability to get good recruits is so limited with her, I have talked to more parents at tournaments

who's kids will not even consider this school while she is here. Sadly I agree with them.

If she sticks around longer we will have to yet one more year we will have to suffer because we are

missing out on top recruits.

I have even heard that recruits have lactually laughed when our school contacted them.

There is no reason we don't alreay have some olympians here.

We are so much better than that.

I'm sure you've got a lot of dirt but for once I'M (SiouxMeNow - famed crusher of anything ndsu ;) ) trying to take the high road here ;) I assume there's no long-term contract here and they're probably stuck for this season. The SAD part of that is hiring a new coach, restoring credibility and recruiting good players is going to be a multi-year process...I'm afraid we're in for at least a couple more years of this....