SiouxSports.com Forum

Wisconsin series

schmidtdoggydog

I threw this on USCHO, and thought I would post it here too. Just strictly looking at the facts, it's hard to be an optimist. They can create a new set of facts by going out and winning games, but recent results don't suggest that will happen.

------------------------------

One team's WCHA results since Christmas (with aggregate Goals For and Goals Against):

Split with MSUM 6-6

Swept by CC 1-3

Swept by DU 4-8

Split with UAA 8-8

Another team's WCHA results since Christmas:

Swept SCSU 10-2

Swept UAA 9-3

Split with MN 6-6

1 Pt. from DU 6-7

Split with CC 6-3

Realistically, only the home ice factor argues for UND to scrap out a split this weekend. Otherwise this one screams for a Badger sweep. UND has proven to be basically equal to teams like UMD, MSUM and UAA, and inferior to top teams like Denver and CC. Wisconsin, on the other hand, has proven to be basically equal to the top teams, and clearly superior to the middle and lower teams that UND has struggled with.

This seems extremely disrespectful to UAA, but seriously only about four or five of the UAA players that played last Saturday would get even close to Wisconsin's roster, and that group from UAA took it to UND in Saturday's third period. We'll see if UND has any fight left in them this year.

St. Cloud Times article:

Interesting comments from Eaves regarding poise and issues with power play:

"Can you spell 'anemic?'" Badgers head coach Mike Eaves asked a reporter from the Wisconsin State Journal after Saturday's game. "I don't know if I could right now ... the power play was just an extension of the issues we had with the puck all night. It was just tough. I felt bad for the kids. They wanted to do the right thing, but their poise and confidence just left them.

"I don't know if a penalty has ever been declined in hockey, but I was sure wishing I could throw a flag and say, 'We'll just play 5-on-5.'"

Considering UND's issues (excluding last Friday) with scoring, I also found this to be an interesting and perhaps troubling assessment:

"With Wisconsin, it's like shooting against five goalies out there," Colorado College junior defenseman Brady Greco, who scored the winning goal on a power play Saturday, told the Colorado Springs Gazette. "They block shots and it's hard to get the puck through."

At the risk of getting flamed for shameless self-promotion, does anyone else remember this?

Jan. 15, 2004, US College Hockey Online

The Golden Boys Are Back In Town

On Feb. 6-7, North Dakota plays a series at Wisconsin that could determine whether one of the schools wins the WCHA title. Parise, Murray and Stafford will face Eaves, along with World Junior teammates Jeff Likens and Ryan Suter.

"Obviously, we're very friendly with the Wisconsin players and the coaches," Stafford said. "But once the puck drops, it's just another team with different jersey."

With a sly smile, Murray added, "It's going to be a fun series. I can't wait. We know their system."

The Sioux are 0-4 against Wisconsin since Murray made that statement. It's time for Stafford and Murray to show the team how to beat the system they know so well.

The Sioux are 0-4 against Wisconsin since Murray made that statement. It's time for Stafford and Murray to show the team how to beat the system they know so well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then UND is due to turn this around, wouldn't you think?

Does anybody know if you can get the games this weekend if you have dish network?  I was just wondering because I got the UW-CC games last weekend and I usually don't get them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I read somewhere that they'd be televised on FOXNa (alternate), so they sould be on DISH, if you live in the area that gets FOXN or pay for the sports package. The online DISH schedule doesn't list the alternate, assume you get it?

Thanks. I've been looking all week to see if I will get the games and I just got off the phone with some idiot who had no idea. Anyways the only thing he told me is that alot of times the games are blacked out. Just wondering if anyone has had any trouble with games being blacked out.

Is the FSSN going to use the same feed as FSN?

Am I going to be able to watch the game on 2 different channels on my MidContinent Cable?

I listened the the Wisco announcers during their game with MN. I think i'll have the radio on...

It will be Wisconsin's FSN guys, Paul Braun and Tom Sagissor.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i honestly don't have a problem with sagisaurass. i think he does a good job of color during the sioux badger games. obviously he's no sweeny :huh: but i would rather listen to him than woog and mazzocco or the guys from the junior college in st cloud. :D

but like most of you, i will be listening to the radio while cheering for a drive-by on robbie. :silly::D:D

Lines without Murray. This is my opinion on it:

Zajac, Stafford, Spirko: Keep the first line together

McMahon, Prpich, Fylling: Not the "second" line, but reunite this checking line and put them out, along with Greene and Jones, against Earl's line, as he seems to do a ton of damage against the Sioux. Show them tape of them shutting down Vanek, Koalska and Riddle.

Genoway, Porter, ??( Massen?)

Canady, Fabian, Bina: They've had some chemistry in the second half. Let them give it a shot. Also gets Radke back in at defense.

Time to just give it a shot.

Does anyone know of any Bar/Grill in the Fargo Moorhead area that has Sioux hockey on their TV's ? Nothing better than watching hockey and eating wings or nachos (Except maybe watching hockey and drinking beer, but I don't drink so..). And also, will the Siouxnetwork on channel 44 of cable subscribers in Fargo, be showing the games this weekend ? I'm going to try and get up to the Ralph on Saturday night, and I would really like to hear some people making some noise. Go Sioux !!!