SiouxSports.com Forum

new UND football blog

UND92,96

Yeah, but I'm still a bit baffled by the change to a "no-huddle" offense. It seems to me that when you have a team that will supposdly be carried by the Defense, and have an unproven corps of receivers along with questionable play at the QB position.........the last thing you should have is a no-huddle offense. Especially when (considering Bamba's status) that the two most proven offensive players on the squad are RB Mitch Sutton and RB Josh Murray. It seems to me that this years team is a great candidate to be "3 yards and a cloud of dust" type program.............Hand off to Sutton, hand off to Murray, throw on 3rd and 3..................hopefully I'm wrong, but it seems to me like this year's team should be focused on milking the clock rather than trying to squeeze more out of it than they should be.......

Yeah, but I'm still a bit baffled by the change to a "no-huddle" offense. It seems to me that when you have a team that will supposdly be carried by the Defense, and have an unproven corps of receivers along with questionable play at the QB position.........the last thing you should have is a no-huddle offense. Especially when (considering Bamba's status) that the two most proven offensive players on the squad are RB Mitch Sutton and RB Josh Murray. It seems to me that this years team is a great candidate to be "3 yards and a cloud of dust" type program.............Hand off to Sutton, hand off to Murray, throw on 3rd and 3..................hopefully I'm wrong, but it seems to me like this year's team should be focused on milking the clock rather than trying to squeeze more out of it than they should be.......

A no-huddle offense doesn't necessarily mean that they are going to speed up the game. They can take all of the time they want changing formations or setting up. But it does force the defense to commit more quickly, they can't risk running as many players in and out since the offense could snap the ball at any time. But you need a quarterback that can make decisions on the field to make it work.

Looking forward to whatever develops with potential transfers. Traditionally, that hasn't been a very productive avenue but Mussman, in the Herald story after the spring game, sounded as positive as I've heard him when he talked about having scholarships available for transfers that "land on our doorstep." A guy like Ty Kildow(sp?), the '09 prospect who passed on a UND scholly to walk on at Nebraska, sure would be a nice summertime addition.

Agree. This blog was long overdue. It's especially good to hear that a lot of these young guys are developing on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. I personally think it will be an exciting next few years of Sioux football.

• 4 weeks later...
Looks like Bamba's UND football career is definitely over: http://www.areavoices.com/siouxfb/

Too bad about Bamba. It is good to see a coaching staff though that has no grey area as far a discipline and attitude. This lets the players know that the same rules apply to EVERYONE regarding attitude and discipline. Its important to have everyone pulling in the same direction.

Some area schools have different sets of rules for different players depending on how much they contribute and this leads to problems within the program.

• 4 weeks later...

A belated nice job guys... skimming the thread I don't see anyone taking credit for it. Whose is it?

I'll try to get the feed integrated into the front page before the season starts!

Thanks again guys, I've been pleading with anyone who I think might be capable to start a Sioux football blog for years now.

• 1 month later...

Wayne Nelson is doing a daily blog of the Sioux practices for those that need their Sioux football fix..... Wayne's World

I'm interested in seeing how the no-huddle offense works out for the Sioux this year.

Wow. We went from zero "Insiders" last year to one "Insider" last April (Sioux Football Insider), and now two "Insiders" (UND Insider) starting yesterday.

Wayne Nelson and the UND athletic department have also been up to the task this fall. Coverage for UND football has vastly improved over the last year.

Great job by everyone! We appreciate it.