WCHA Playoff Series

nodak hockey fanatic

might as well get this one started...

#1 CC sweeps #10 UAA

#2 UND sweeps #9 MTU

#3 DU loses to #8 UMD in three

#4 MSUM takes #7 UMtc in three

#5 SCSU takes #6 UW in three

only the second one is really important of course :D lets keep rolling and get that #1 seed for the ncaas

EDIT: didn't see azsioux started a similar thread, my bad. his is mainly a und thread, where this can be open wcha discussion :silly:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 CC vs. #10 Alaska-Anchorage - These games won't even be close, CC will roll to a 2 game sweep and onto St. Paul.

#2 UND vs. #9 Michigan Tech - Sioux in 2. In spite of injuries and illnesses, the unbeaten streak rolls on.

#3 DU vs #8 UMD - DU in 3, although I am not even sure where Duluth will get scoring from to win the one game. Maybe DU will score on themselves?

#4 MSUM vs. #7 UM - Mavs in 3, meaning a Gooper-less Final 5.

#5 St. Cloud vs #6 Wisconsin - Badgers in 3. I don't like St. Cloud, and I don't think they will be the usual one and done in the Dance this year. Assuming they get invited, JBSU will win a game in the NCAA's this year. And if losing in the first round of WCHA playoffs keeps them out of the field of 16, I am fine with that.

Two Questions:

1. When was the last time the Gophers were not in the Final Five?

2. When was the last team both the Sioux and the Gophers didn't make it?

I don't know the answers to these questions but I started thinking about where I might sit if the Gophers don't make it because there will be plenty of tickets to be had.

CC over AAU in 2

UND over MTU in 2

DU over UMD in 3

UM over MSUM in 3

UW over SCSU in 3

Colorado College over Alaska Anchorage - 2 games (not even close in either game)

UND over Michigan Tech - 2 games (1st game will be a 3 OT thriller!)

UM-Duluth over Denver - 3 games (2 OT games are split while Duluth wins 1 in regulation)

Mankato over Minnesota - 2 games (Minnesota forgets how to score again and Kangas gets pulled)

St. Cloud over Wisconsin - 3 games (this one is tuff to pick, but I think the 3rd game may still be going on when the F5 starts on Thursday :D)

UND over Michigan Tech - 2 games (1st game will be a 3 OT thriller!)

:D 3?

Mankato over Minnesota - 2 games (Minnesota forgets how to score again and Kangas gets pulled)

And replaced with.................. :huh:

St. Cloud over Wisconsin - 3 games (this one is tuff to pick, but I think the 3rd game may still be going on when the F5 starts on Thursday :D)

:p Hope they pack their jammies.

Two Questions:

1. When was the last time the Gophers were not in the Final Five?

2. When was the last team both the Sioux and the Gophers didn't make it?

I don't know the answers to these questions but I started thinking about where I might sit if the Gophers don't make it because there will be plenty of tickets to be had.

1998, lost to UMD in Duluth after blowing a four goal third period lead in game 3. :D

If both CC and UND win are we assured to play in the Friday 2:05 game? If CC loses (which they won't) would we then get the Friday night game?

Trying to buy tickets today :D

A few scenarios out there:

CC and UND win and no other upsets - UND plays Fri afternoon

CC upset and UND win - UND plays Fri night

CC, UND, Gophers and Duluth all win - Gophers would play UND and it should be the afternoon game, but unsure if the Minnesota rule would be reinstated.

The good bet would be Fri afternoon tickets.

A few scenarios out there:

CC and UND win and no other upsets - UND plays Fri afternoon

CC upset and UND win - UND plays Fri night

CC, UND, Gophers and Duluth all win - Gophers would play UND and it should be the afternoon game, but unsure if the Minnesota rule would be reinstated.

The good bet would be Fri afternoon tickets.

I would bet my life if the Gophers get in and then win the play-in game on Thursday that they will play the Friday night game which would sort of make sense anyway because CC is the #1 seed.

So the Gophers were given the Friday night game several times when they were NOT the #1 seed correct? But if they arn't in it the true #1 seed would play the night game?

If the Gophers don't win I think tickets will be VERY easy to pick up before the game, either at the ticket booth or from fans outside trying to get $5 for them... :D

Ahh so this goes back to our earlier conversation about the final five attendance in Wisco? It all comes back to 1998.

No, not at all. I was just saying it didn't affect attendance as much as it would have if the Final Five that year had been in St Paul. 1999's tournament was held at Target Center and it was North Dakota vs Denver. I believe attendance for that game was around 10 or 11 thousand.

So the Gophers were given the Friday night game several times when they were NOT the #1 seed correct? But if they arn't in it the true #1 seed would play the night game?

If the Gophers don't win I think tickets will be VERY easy to pick up before the game, either at the ticket booth or from fans outside trying to get $5 for them... :D

It would be nice to sit at the Final Five without having some maroon wearing fan in my face spitting beer and propaganda. Every year it seems like the random acts of stupidity get cranked up a bit.

It "should be" the afternoon game, but by agreement of the conference schools, it would be moved to the Friday night game.

Barring several upsets, count on the Sioux playing on Friday afternoon.

No, not at all. I was just saying it didn't affect attendanced as much as it would have if the Final Five that year had been in St Paul. 1999's tournament was held at Target Center and it was North Dakota vs Denver. I believe attendance for that game was around 10 or 11 thousand.

Oh I know what you are saying. I was at the Target Center Final Five. What a weird atmosphere it was in that building.

It would be nice to sit at the Final Five without having some maroon wearing fan in my face spitting beer and propaganda. Every year it seems like the random acts of stupidity get cranked up a bit.

I've never had a problem with UMD Bulldog fans.

Oh I know what you are saying. I was at the Target Center Final Five. What a weird atmosphere it was in that building.

I was there too and agree totally. The place was a morgue. If memory serves me right, UND was up like 4-1 or 4-2 late in the third and Denver went nuts and scored 3-4 goals and won the game.

Then I got punched in the gut a week later when I flew to Ann Arbor to watch the game with Michigan at Yost.

I knew it as soon as I wrote that I should have clarified myself. Nothing gets by anyone on this board.

:D

I do know what you mean about Gopher fans though. I won't lose any sleep if they lose at Mankato this weekend and are eliminated from the tournament.