SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Playoff Series

nodak hockey fanatic

Yeah, he's still around. I honestly have no idea what to expect in the off-season from him though. Obviously tDon and I would think the team as well have pretty much lost all confidence in him.

I'll give Jeff some credit. Plenty of other players (on any team) would have bailed and left the team or been very vocal about being benched. To his credit, unless I just haven't been paying attention, he hasn't done either.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, a friend of mine "in-the-know" just e-mailed me a picture. It's been a long, difficult season for our WCHA brethren from Minneapolis. Rather than a simple display of blonde hair to signify their emergence from the struggle of the regular season, the team opted for something a little more drastic this year.

Can you imagine this dude in a job interview in five years? WTF?

Again, I personally know a half-dozen Gopher fans right off the top of my head who had tickets for those games and skipped them because "it doesn't matter." The Gopher train is a fickle one...plenty of people have gotten off of it this season...

I'm tellin' ya, if you think a Friday afternoon Gopher/CC match-up would gather more than 16,000 fans, I'd take that bet.

As much as it pains me, it is a factual statement.

I always thought that the rule was more of a cash issue (this is america after all) and the idea was that the out of towners that were coming would show up no matter who was playing, but the local teams fan base would be more likely to turn up for the night game.

At any rate, I suspect that the only Maroon and gold you will find at the x on Friday and Saturday will be in the stands. It has been a long year......

As much as it pains me, it is a factual statement.

I always thought that the rule was more of a cash issue (this is america after all) and the idea was that the out of towners that were coming would show up no matter who was playing, but the local teams fan base would be more likely to turn up for the night game.

At any rate, I suspect that the only Maroon and gold you will find at the x on Friday and Saturday will be in the stands. It has been a long year......

Sshhhhhhh! Don't go spreading the truth around GPL!

Hey FRGuy: they say recognizing you have a problem is the first step in solving one. You've taken that first step. We're all really proud of you. Just keep in mind that the problem you have didn't start overnight, so solving it won't be a quick process. But you're on your way to recovery, and that's what is truly important.

Sshhhhhhh! Don't go spreading the truth around GPL!

Oh, I wouldn't say we have given up hope, but it is pretty hard to successfully talk trash when you got "hot" at the end of the year and "climbed up" to a 7th place finish.

heck, only half of us have already bought our 2008 Minnesota Gopher Final 5 Championship gear! :D

Oh, I wouldn't say we have given up hope, but it is pretty hard to successfully talk trash when you got "hot" at the end of the year and "climbed up" to a 7th place finish.

heck, only half of us have already bought our 2008 Minnesota Gopher Final 5 Championship gear! :D

Now that was so funny, I almost did this...

FG-nose_milk.jpg