SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

sprig

I like INCH's take a whole lot better. Although it does note that UND gets the quto-bid by winning the Final 5. I hope we don't have to accomplish that to get a #1 seed. And CC and DU both in the Springs regional seems like a blatant attempt to build attendance.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that bracket for the Sioux. I could see them advancing to the F4 if it worked out like this.

IMO this bracket would end with UND/BC/UM/CC in the frozen four.

can we save BC til the title game please :lol: so we can enjoy thursday night, our off day friday in denver and that night then worry about saturday when that night comes :D

ive been to the last 5 frozen 4's. man that friday off day is fun as hell when you win on thursday :D 00,01 and 05 were like that but the last 2 years vs BC has screwed that up :lol:

Outside of the CHA and the Atlantic, what conference do you think poses the biggest threat for a cindarella team to win their conference tourney? How solid is Clarkson in the ECAC? I'm thinking that there will be 3 autobids making the tourney that wouldn't have made it as "at large" bids.

Outside of the CHA and the Atlantic, what conference do you think poses the biggest threat for a cindarella team to win their conference tourney? How solid is Clarkson in the ECAC? I'm thinking that there will be 3 autobids making the tourney that wouldn't have made it as "at large" bids.

Minnesota in the WCHA? With their golden curls, they would make a pretty Cinderella.

Or is that Goldilocks?

Minnesota in the WCHA? With their golden curls, they would make a pretty Cinderella.

Or is that Goldilocks?

if 3 teams make it due to winning thier conference tourneys then scratch teams 12,13 and 14 in the pairwise rankings. i can see it happening in maybe 1 conference tourney but not many. i think the big conferences are top heavy and 3 teams from each can and will win them.

if the wcha get s 5 teams which i think they will with sconnie being the 6th left out, i can see 2 regions with 2 wcha teams and 1 with one wcha team and one bracket wcha free.

does anyone know what the record is for most teams from 1 conference in the 16 team format? ill look but maybe somebody knows. thanks im guessing 5

I like that bracket for the Sioux. I could see them advancing to the F4 if it worked out like this.

IMO this bracket would end with UND/BC/UM/CC in the frozen four.

i didnt even look at this closely. i see they have uw in and msu out so they dont go on the pairwise but rather kind of on thier gut feeling which is fine.

if 3 teams make it due to winning thier conference tourneys then scratch teams 12,13 and 14 in the pairwise rankings. i can see it happening in maybe 1 conference tourney but not many. i think the big conferences are top heavy and 3 teams from each can and will win them.

if the wcha get s 5 teams which i think they will with sconnie being the 6th left out, i can see 2 regions with 2 wcha teams and 1 with one wcha team and one bracket wcha free.

does anyone know what the record is for most teams from 1 conference in the 16 team format? ill look but maybe somebody knows. thanks im guessing 5

I wasn't very clear, I was indicating 3 teams as autobids, that is including the Atlantic and CHA autobids. So basically, I'm thinking that it's very possible for Clarkson to get knocked off in it's conference tourney creating another bubble team to pop out of the tourney.

Is there any chance that an Atlantic/CHA team becomes eligible as an at-large bid?

I wasn't very clear, I was indicating 3 teams as autobids, that is including the Atlantic and CHA autobids. So basically, I'm thinking that it's very possible for Clarkson to get knocked off in it's conference tourney creating another bubble team to pop out of the tourney.

Is there any chance that an Atlantic/CHA team becomes eligible as an at-large bid?

dont know on the last part. they would have to be a lock top 12 for that to happen obviously in case a suprise conference tourney winner pops up.

for the peeps that know more baout the pairwise is it just as important that mtu stays as a TUC for the sioux than it was when mankato was way down there? thanks for any help

Record vs. TUCs is one of the four comparisons against all other TUCs. Losing the 3-1 record the Sioux have against TUCs lowers that percentage and the comparison to other TUCs. Although it would hurt other WCHA teams with good records also vs MTU and therefore maybe not hurt the Sioux comparisons vs those teams as much, it will hurt in the comparisons against teams in other leagues. You want every team that you have a good record against to be a TUC.

Right now losing the Gophers as a TUC is the most imminent possible change.

Record vs. TUCs is one of the four comparisons against all other TUCs. Losing the 3-1 record the Sioux have against TUCs lowers that percentage and the comparison to other TUCs. Although it would hurt other WCHA teams with good records also vs MTU and therefore maybe not hurt the Sioux comparisons vs those teams as much, it will hurt in the comparisons against teams in other leagues. You want every team that you have a good record against to be a TUC.

Right now losing the Gophers as a TUC is the most imminent possible change.

cool, thanks. that helps a bit on the overall TUC stuff

cool, thanks. that helps a bit on the overall TUC stuff

I was looking at the TUC against New Hampshire over the weekend. It looked to me that if we won one more TUC game or if they lost one more we'd flip the comparison with them. If I understand it right we'd be #4 in the pairwise on the inside looking out.

That's how important the TUC is.

I was looking at the TUC against New Hampshire over the weekend. It looked to me that if we won one more TUC game or if they lost one more we'd flip the comparison with them. If I understand it right we'd be #4 in the pairwise on the inside looking out.

That's how important the TUC is.

This is why it would be good for AA to move up to a TUC (they are 27 in RPI - they would need to move to 25). Our 2-0 record v. AA would improve our TUC win percentage. We would probably win the NH comparison, which would move us to a #1 seed.

This is why it would be good for AA to move up to a TUC (they are 27 in RPI - they would need to move to 25). Our 2-0 record v. AA would improve our TUC win percentage. We would probably win the NH comparison, which would move us to a #1 seed.

They might move up but I don't see them staying there. If they won't finish in it, then they are of no use to us. I would rather have Mankato sweep this weekend and make solid their rankings since they go to UW and play CC and Tech yet. If AA somehow sneaks in, then thats great. I just don't see it though.

They might move up but I don't see them staying there. If they won't finish in it, then they are of no use to us. I would rather have Mankato sweep this weekend and make solid their rankings since they go to UW and play CC and Tech yet. If AA somehow sneaks in, then thats great. I just don't see it though.

So this is possible with a UAA over MSU-Mankato sweep, I also picked the Mav's to sweep so the Seawolvers are bound to be a TUC by the end of the weekend. :lol: Honestly, I don't see UAA getting points this weekend with my prediction or not.

thats my feeling. they could squeak in but wont stay there for long. lets just hope tech stays in as a tuc keeping 9 of 10 wcha teams in.

For those in the know - what needs to happen for the Sioux to flip the New Hampshire or Colorado College comparisons?

this is going to sound very vague but it really comes down to the sioux need to keep winning and both cc and unh need to lose a few games. more specifically unh needs to falter against some TUC teams, we are very close to flipping the unh one right now. 2 losses to BC in the coming weeks would help as well. cc needs to lose a few down the stretch here and we need to keep winning. meeting cc at the final 5 and beating them would help as well. it's very complicated but if we keep winning those things will take care of themselves.

For those in the know - what needs to happen for the Sioux to flip the New Hampshire or Colorado College comparisons?

If you look at the pairwise you'll see a individual comparison grid choice. Click on that and click on the comparisons. What you'll see is that we are under 3-2 compared to New Hampshire. One more victory against a TUC or one more loss by them against a TUC we win that comparison and the overall by the same margin.

I don't see us catching the other teams in the pairwise.

If you look at the pairwise you'll see a individual comparison grid choice. Click on that and click on the comparisons. What you'll see is that we are under 3-2 compared to New Hampshire. One more victory against a TUC or one more loss by them against a TUC we win that comparison and the overall by the same margin.

I don't see us catching the other teams in the pairwise.

the only way for us to basically catch miami or michigan is for us to pass them in rpi, if we can somehow do that both comparisons will come into play. none of this will be settled until about 9:30 p.m. on march 22, right after the final 5 championship game.

the only way for us to basically catch miami or michigan is for us to pass them in rpi, if we can somehow do that both comparisons will come into play. none of this will be settled until about 9:30 p.m. on march 22, right after the final 5 championship game.

To be honest I don't really understand the RPI. I guess strength of schedule is factored in there so perhaps we could catch them. Right now they have a pretty commanding RPI lead.

To be honest I don't really understand the RPI. I guess strength of schedule is factored in there so perhaps we could catch them. Right now they have a pretty commanding RPI lead.

If you click on "details" under any team on the rpi page, one of the things there is an estimate of the team's future RPI given a specific number of wins. It's only an estimate because future opponents' strengths can change, it only includes scheduled games (no conference tourney), and it doesn't drop "negative" wins. However, it gives a fairly handy benchmark as to how much RPI can change.

For example, Michigan can drop to about .592 if they win 5 of their remaining 7, or to .579 if they win only 3 of their remaining 7.

To break .59, UND would need to win at least 7 of its remaining 8. UND probably needs to win 5, maybe 6, of its remaining games for its RPI not to fall by the end of the regular season.