SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

sprig

I like the thought of UND having the easiest road to the FF, although none of the regions look like cake-walks. One thing I like about this year is that with all the people complaining about the Sioux being goons, it has set the ground-work for the "Sioux vs. the World" situation that tends to lead to National Titles. The last 2 titles UND has won, they didn't get very much respect from the so-called experts. Let Michigan and Miami be the pundits' picks to win it all, the Sioux will just keep rolling all the way to the end.

I really dislike the idea of having to play Denver...

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Wisco is good enough to beat Mich, even at Kohl.

Within the last couple of seasons, Michigan's track record in the earlier rounds isn't too hot

EDIT: I think the UW defensive style could halt that UM speedy offense... Besides, if from what I saw from UM early in the season is still true, anyone who can play them very physical for 60 minutes can beat them (i.e. the Fighting Goons!)

I really dislike the idea of having to play Denver...

gona have to play 2-3 damn good teams either way unless theres a huge upset in the first round somewhere but i hear ya. i see they have scsu and umd out as of now projecting towards the future. i would stll have umd in though based on their pairwise. scsu is the one on the bubble as of now so i understand them noting being in their 4x4.

gona have to play 2-3 damn good teams either way unless theres a huge upset in the first round somewhere but i hear ya. i see they have scsu and umd out as of now projecting towards the future. i would stll have umd in though based on their pairwise. scsu is the one on the bubble as of now so i understand them noting being in their 4x4.

I don't see either Princeton or Providence getting in the tournament, though. UMinn has just as good a chance as either of those teams.

I just don't see Minnesota getting in.

if they swept sconnie this weekend they could creep in that bubble for sure but i dont see that happening. a split puts them back to where they were to start the weekend more than likely and they will have to score 2 + goals to have any chance at all at winning and whens the last time that happened?? long time, gophers have scored 10 total goals in their last 8 games and 4 games in a row scoring 1 total goal in a 6 game winless streak. they dont have the offensive to do anything consistent. isnt barriballs out now as well for a bit. its not like he did anythig anyways this season but thats just 1 more player down. not happening this year

I dunno I don't see them as being as tough as a they were when they won their NCAA championship.

It's just one of those teams where if you run into them while their goalie is hot, it's gonna be tough. They have enough scoring with Bozak and Rakhsani in their lineup. It's hard to beat a team 4 times in a row in one season. I agree though, they aren't as good as past years, it's just one of those teams that's scary.

Thanks Bob :lol:

It's going to be virtually impossible for the WCHA to get more than 5 teams in the tournament. Only five teams can make it to the Final Five, so that means five won't make it, which means that 2 teams currently in now will have lost at the very best 2 of their last 3. UND and CC are virtual locks, even if they don't make it to the final five...but they play the 9th and 10th place teams (as of right now), and only maybe the Gophers out of those two has a chance to make it. So, that means the 3 and 4 seeds would have to lose to allow the 6 and 7 teams to make it. Denver at #3 would still probably make the NCAA tourney, as long as they can right the ship these last few weeks. But, whoever finishes in the 4th spot will HAVE to make the Final Five...I think...to make the tourney.

So, we're most likely guaranteed 5, but 6 is going to be hard, and 7 virtually impossible.

Just a thought.

It's just one of those teams where if you run into them while their goalie is hot, it's gonna be tough. They have enough scoring with Bozak and Rakhsani in their lineup. It's hard to beat a team 4 times in a row in one season. I agree though, they aren't as good as past years, it's just one of those teams that's scary.

DU did beat us 4 in row in 2005.

It's going to be virtually impossible for the WCHA to get more than 5 teams in the tournament. Only five teams can make it to the Final Five, so that means five won't make it, which means that 2 teams currently in now will have lost at the very best 2 of their last 3. UND and CC are virtual locks, even if they don't make it to the final five...but they play the 9th and 10th place teams (as of right now), and only maybe the Gophers out of those two has a chance to make it. So, that means the 3 and 4 seeds would have to lose to allow the 6 and 7 teams to make it. Denver at #3 would still probably make the NCAA tourney, as long as they can right the ship these last few weeks. But, whoever finishes in the 4th spot will HAVE to make the Final Five...I think...to make the tourney.

So, we're most likely guaranteed 5, but 6 is going to hard, and 7 virtually impossible.

Just a thought.

plus 2-4 of the bubble teams could very well end up playing each other in the first round.

So, we're most likely guaranteed 5, but 6 is going to hard, and 7 virtually impossible.

Just a thought.

5 may get in and 5 is pretty damn good to get into the tourney but 4 will be in for sure. the only way a 6th team gets in is if someone makes a title game run from a play in game thursday but thats a long shot as we know. will be interesting. duluth and mankato just cant get swept down the stretch as they will take hits for that. if they can just play solid hockey they can keep their pairwise in the 2-3 seed range and hope for the best. this weekend vs cc for duluth is huge. they can make some serious noise with a friday win then go from there. what a time for wcha and college hockey. love it and it makes for some great discussion!

5 may get in and 5 is pretty damn good to get into the tourney but 4 will be in for sure. the only way a 6th team gets in is if someone makes a title game run from a play in game thursday but thats a long shot as we know. will be interesting. duluth and mankato just cant get swept down the stretch as they will take hits for that. if they can just play solid hockey they can keep their pairwise in the 2-3 seed range and hope for the best. this weekend vs cc for duluth is huge. they can make some serious noise with a friday win then go from there. what a time for wcha and college hockey. love it and it makes for some great discussion!

I bet if Kato holds on for 4th, but loses in the 1st round of the WCHA tourny, their PWR would probably be still good enough to get in.

if they swept sconnie this weekend they could creep in that bubble for sure but i dont see that happening. a split puts them back to where they were to start the weekend more than likely and they will have to score 2 + goals to have any chance at all at winning and whens the last time that happened?? long time, gophers have scored 10 total goals in their last 8 games and 4 games in a row scoring 1 total goal in a 6 game winless streak. they dont have the offensive to do anything consistent. isnt barriballs out now as well for a bit. its not like he did anythig anyways this season but thats just 1 more player down. not happening this year

Barriball is playing tonight.

Barriball is playing tonight.

good for him, glad hes not hurt. probably wont make a diffeence in the score sheet though as he hasnt all season. it sucks for him when all other good players are gone that he fed off last year. its very evident in is numbers.

Jolly Green Giant, love it. I watched three of the four games the Sioux played against DU and

I think the most part UND owned them. They have one line and after that they drop off.

Just like some think the Goofs are going to be tough to play but I see them folding like a cheap circus tent. Just my HMO...