SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

sprig

We currently sit tied for 2nd w/ New Hampshire. Breaking the tie, we end up at 3rd behind NH. CC is tied w/ Miami at 4, w/ CC getting the tie breaker. What really helped was Miami getting swept by Ferris St. ( :lol: )

Series' to watch this weekend:

Boston College v. New Hampshire - Home and Home series(Fri/Sat) - GO BC!!

Michigan v. Michigan State - Home and Home series(Fri/Sat) - GO Michigan State!!

Colorado College v. Duluth - At Duluth(Fri/Sat) - Go Bulldogs!!

Bemidji State v. North Dakota - At North Dakota(Sat/Sun) - Take care of our own, and the rest will fall in to place!

Here is MY current predicted bracket:

Albany:

(2)New Hampshire v (14)St. Cloud State

(7)Michigan State v (10)UM-Duluth

Worcester:

(1)Michigan v (16)Army

(8)BC v (9)MSU-Mankato

Madison:

(3)North Dakota v (15)Bemidji State

(5)Miami v (12)Wisconsin

Colorado Springs:

(4)CC v (13)Notre Dame

(6)DU v (11)Clarkson

That was tuff as having 7 WCHA teams made it difficult to avoid 1st round matchups. Having only 2 HE teams, the attendance would be horrible at the 2 Eastern sites.

Isn't there a rule for the committee that the #1 seed is to be placed closest to home?

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We currently sit tied for 2nd w/ New Hampshire. Breaking the tie, we end up at 3rd behind NH. CC is tied w/ Miami at 4, w/ CC getting the tie breaker. What really helped was Miami getting swept by Ferris St. ( :lol: )

Michigan v. Michigan State - Home and Home series(Fri/Sat) - GO Michigan State!!

Bemidji State v. North Dakota - At North Dakota(Sat/Sun) - Take care of our own, and the rest will fall in to place!

Albany:

Worcester:

(1)Michigan v (16)Army

(8)BC v (9)MSU-Mankato

Madison:

(5)Miami v (12)Wisconsin

Colorado Springs:

(4)CC v (13)Notre Dame

(6)DU v (11)Clarkson

That was tuff as having 7 WCHA teams made it difficult to avoid 1st round matchups. Having only 2 HE teams, the attendance would be horrible at the 2 Eastern sites.

Isn't there a rule for the committee that the #1 seed is to be placed closest to home?

I know it's not likely but I wonder what would happen to the PWR/RPI if Minn sweeps Wisconsin this weekend. Minn is currently 17 in the PWR, Wisco 12.

Albany:

if the tournament started today I think the 1 seeds would be placed as follows:

michigan-madison

new hampshire-worcester

und-albany

cc-colorado springs

there is some provision that the top overall seed be placed closest to home.

Worcester:

(1)Michigan v (16)Army

(8)BC v (9)MSU-Mankato

Madison:

(5)Miami v (12)Wisconsin

Colorado Springs:

(4)CC v (13)Notre Dame

(6)DU v (11)Clarkson

if the tournament started today the number one seeds would probably be placed as follows:

michigan-madison

newhapshire-worcester

und-albany

cc-colorado springs

I do believe there is some provsion that the top seed be placed closest to home if possible

When Miami gets done choking on cup cakes I would like to see UND play them.

I wonder if we might actually see a first round matchup of WCHA teams this year.

Conference matchups in the first round are avoided, unless five or more teams from one conference are selected, then the integrity of the bracket will be preserved.

If they can they will. They are terrified of an all WCHA Frozen Four again like what happened a few years ago.

Supposedly the integrity of the brackets is the paramount consideration. Next is host schools at home. Next is number one seeds closest to home. Last is intraconference matchups.

I believe that we will be the #2 seed overall following a BC/NH split this coming weekend. With that being said, I would predict:

By the numbers:

MI vs Army

BC vs Mankato

UND vs BSU

MSU vs UMD

NH vs SCSU

Denver vs Clarkson

CC vs Notre Dame

WI vs Miami

You won't move CC, as a #1 seed and a host, so you have to move WI. If you swap Denver and WI, you end up with two eastern teams heading west (bad for eastern attendance). If you swap MSU and WI, you end up with an intraconference first round matchup. So, I think they swap a whole bottom bracket. BC vs Mankato swaps with WI vs Miami

So we have:

MI vs Army

WI vs Miami

UND vs BSU

MSU vs UMD

NH vs SCSU

Dever vs Clarkson

CC vs Notre Dame

BC vs Mankato

We still have an attendance problem out in Mass. So, we swap BC and MSU. Now we have

Madison

MI vs Army

WI vs Miami

Attendance - GREAT

Worcester

UND vs BSU

BC vs UMD

Attendance - As good as can be

Albany

NH vs SCSU

Denver vs Clarkson

Attendance - GOOD

Colorado Springs

CC vs Notre Dame

MSU vs Mankato

Attendance - GOOD

There is way to much of the season left to really worry about pairwise and the brackets! I will still keep hatin' on BC, hoping that they will tank to the point that they will not be able to end our season again.

Not really a whole bunch of hockey left, not to worry. New Hampshire has a pretty light schedule remaining until the playoffs begin, so BC might be the best hope as far as beating them. Hockey East playoffs could damage them though. However, we need to worry about ourselves, and what other teams give us are gifts.

If they can they will. They are terrified of an all WCHA Frozen Four again like what happened a few years ago.

That was the most competitive Frozen Four I've seen in many years. That DU-ND title game was a great game of hockey. What the NCAA really should try to avoid is putting two top teams in the same regional (like last year's Gopher-Sioux matchup). If the FF deserves to be all WCHA then it should shake out that way...and the same goes for HE, CCHA, and ECAC. May the four best teams make the Frozen Four and then sit back and enjoy some amazing hockey.