SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Got Breaks In the Last Three Tournaments

The Whistler

I see that the Rocky Mountain News had a preview of the Frozen Four. They ran through the teams that might show up reasons why they'll make it and reasons why they won't. The reasons why we won't don't make any sense to me:

Why they won't: The Fighting Sioux have been getting breaks for three consecutive years and might have to go through CC in Colorado Springs to run their Frozen Four streak to four.

Let's look at the record. Three years ago we went out to the site hosted by one of the Boston schools and had to play both of them. I think it was Boston College that was predicted to maybe win all of the cookies that year.

Two years ago we hosted the regional, but we still had the #1 ranked team in our region. I suppose it's a break that Holy Cross beat them, but I wouldn't call it a break. Holy Cross was a better team that year. We still had to beat the perennial power Michigan.

Finally last year we had to play the ever strong Michigan and then the highly ranked Gophers.

So maybe you could say we had one break in the three years. On the other hand in all three years we came out of the strongest bracket in my opinion. What difference would it make if we have to beat the Tiggers to get to Denver?

big breaks........basically had to win the BEAN POT to make it to columbus :D

go through michigan and avoid umtc at the ralph - sure its a break to host, it is for every team that does - im fine with that :D

michigan and minny AGAIN (yeah ncaa, tell me that wasnt on purpose ya bunch of jokes) :D

Well, the only thing that I agree with there is that the Sioux will need to go through CC in the West to get to the Frozen Four.

It will be the NCAA's way of looking to pimp us.

That's why we already have our tickets to the West. Big return to The World to avenge the travesty that occurred there in in 2004.

i think we do move up and get a eastern #1 seed. its right there and if we can go on a nice run its very possible in the pairwise. miami is on thin ice with a #1 seed. a loss or 2 here and there combined with us winning we will move past them. they have no room for error at all with teams right behind them. we catch denver but cc , michigan, du and und get 1 seeds..........lets see the NC$$ try to stick the 3 wcha schools in the same bracket :D cant do it then can ya...............scsu sneaks in as the 4th wcha school.

It is just a conspiracy to try to get us into the group of death...

They are just planting seeds early...

It does say volumes about our program though, how many teams have even made the last 3 tourney's? Or are we on 4 straight? Or 5?

Probally only 6 or so teams? Right? Who has the longest NCAA Tourney streak?

all we have to do is keep winning and maybe we'll end up 1 or 2 in the pairwise and get to go through air force, notre dame or northeaster instead of michigan or minnesota.

the best we will finish if we really go on a roll is 3rd or 4th in pairwise if the other teams keep it up and a couple falter. we dont play cc again and only du at home left for top teams.

we'll play denver 3 times and beat cc in the final five title game.

very well could happen with the final 5. i was just referring to the regular season obviously. i still dont think it will be enough to get cc or michigan off the top.

It does not really matter whom the Sioux draw in the regionals as long as they get there. If you are going to be the best you have to beat the best! Just as soon get it over with in the regionals.

of course it doesnt matter but if i see michigan and minny (dont think its gona happen this season for them) in the same regional im gona throw up :D

It does not really matter whom the Sioux draw in the regionals as long as they get there. If you are going to be the best you have to beat the best! Just as soon get it over with in the regionals.

I agree with you. However it's very clear the NCAA is fixing the tourney so that they don't have the best teams at the Frozen Four. I guess having different regions represented is more important that the integrity of the tournament.

That just isn't true in the NCAA tourney. MSU had a very easy run to the Finals. The Gophers in their runs missed out on the WCHA champs both years. To win the NCAAs you often need to get breaks in the draw. Something like avoiding a semi with BC would help you guys.

That just isn't true in the NCAA tourney. MSU had a very easy run to the Finals. The Gophers in their runs missed out on the WCHA champs both years. To win the NCAAs you often need to get breaks in the draw. Something like avoiding a semi with BC would help you guys.

ya think :D damn eagles.........if we hadnt run into the eagles we would have at least 1 more in the bag if not 2 dammit :D

It is just a conspiracy to try to get us into the group of death...

They are just planting seeds early...

It does say volumes about our program though, how many teams have even made the last 3 tourney's? Or are we on 4 straight? Or 5?

Probally only 6 or so teams? Right? Who has the longest NCAA Tourney streak?

So the anti-und conspiracy has a new member in the Rocky Mountain News :D

Move over ncaa, wcha, greg shepherd and bruce McLeod you have company :D

I can see a bracket of und v bc in the first round and versus the winner of cc and bemidji state in the second round, obviously in colorado springs.

Hopefully we can finish the game. Maybe if we met them in the regional we'd get this monkey off of our back.

thats why we need to kick some butt and grab a 1 seed so the ncaa has no choice and cant lump wcha teams together to prevent a columbus :D

This is laughable. In fact, as a counter, without altitude on their side there is now way that Denver would have beat the Sioux 1-0 in the Regional Championship game we would all like to forget. Some of you will recall the effects that the altitude in C Springs had on some of the key players like Bochenski.

This is laughable. In fact, as a counter, without altitude on their side there is now way that Denver would have beat the Sioux 1-0 in the Regional Championship game we would all like to forget. Some of you will recall the effects that the altitude in C Springs had on some of the key players like Bochenski.

And he still posted a few shots in that game.

The Regional placement doesn't scare me. In the past three years, if we've proven one thing, it's that we know how to win in the Regionals! It's that damn Semi curse we have to break!!!