SiouxSports.com Forum

Lennon show

GeauxSioux

The numbers are being manipulated by someone who works for the Forum and is not being objective. Gee, think there is some animosity that NDSU is using the competitors for games now?

When you go back last year when the Bison show was in the same slot and UND at 11 it was...

Ages 25-54 group.

NDSU Bohl 1.2

UND Lennon .8

Has it changed that much in a year?

I found out that the ratings McFeely is using includes WDAY in Fargo and WDAY in Grand Forks! THe Bohl show only includes Fargo. Sunday night has way more viewers than Sunday morning.

So this begs the question...

Is there any value in the coaches show? The Bison are on the rise. THe Bison sold out every home game except for SUU who was 0-11 and theys till drew 15,000 for that game. Every Bison home game, except SUU, was on TV. They have taken the program to a higher level. You can have the coaches show! I'll take what we got.

The coach show is obviosly not effective.

I just realized I'm not acting sanely. McFooly better write a column about me!

Besides you can watch every Bohl show online and who doesn't tivo shows these days? You can watch it on the web. He has 2 radio shows too.

Are you telling me 3 times as mnay people watch the coaches show than go to a playoff game? Yeah the Sioux drew 5K for the playoffs.

It's amazing advertisers are willing to pay for manipulated viewership numbers. The fools! :D

Found it!!! The last two playoff games NDSU hosted(they did keep records back then) had attendances of 4839 and 6230. That sure sounds a lot like our Winona games. And of course those figures are ones back when NDSU fabricated their attendance figures. They probably only had between 2 and 3 thousand people there. Once again they probably shouldn't be pointing fingers. It always comes around to bite you.

Just because is discloses the fact he works for the Forum doesn't change it. He has an agenda.

McFeely is just a columnist (and boy I hope he reads that :D ) but just the same he has to have some level of credibility with his peers and co-workers, not only at ForumComm but regionally.

If Mike "Enron"-ed the real numbers someone would notice and call him on it. He'd have shot his credibility. Do you really believe he did that?

Found it!!! The last two playoff games NDSU hosted(they did keep records back then) had attendances of 4839 and 6230. That sure sounds a lot like our Winona games. And of course those figures are ones back when NDSU fabricated their attendance figures. They probably only had between 2 and 3 thousand people there. Once again they probably shouldn't be pointing fingers. It always comes around to bite you.

Actually, by 1992 they had already been busted for...uh...shall we say "estimating" attendance, and were then using more traditional methods.

Besides you can watch every Bohl show online and who doesn't tivo shows these days? You can watch it on the web.

Just so you know. The Sioux Football show is broadcast on the web too.

You really seem to be bent out of shape about nothing. The only fact here is the Bohl show dropped in ratings because it switched times to Sunday mornings when less people watch it (the average fan has probably yet to realize when and where it moved to). That is all. Undo you undies.

It seems to me that UND football, and as well as the U itself are at an all time low. Fans such as Sultan are stretching for things/figures that make them feel happy for the time being. I do find it interesting that Bison smack by UND fans is allowed on this board, but the reverse ends up in reprimand.

Sultan better enjoy the pathetic playoff game that was held at the shed this year, it's your last for quite some time. Both football shows are pathetic, low budget, does it really matter?

I don't really know if you are comparing 1990 bison football to 2007 und football playoff attendance or not, but if you are, it's kind of pathetic, basicly you haven't grown at all. OR wait, you have, you FINALLY make the playoffs, but have only won the big one ONCE.

Let's instead compare your Winona win to our U of M win.

It seems to me that UND football, and as well as the U itself are at an all time low. Fans such as Sultan are stretching for things/figures that make them feel happy for the time being. I do find it interesting that Bison smack by UND fans is allowed on this board, but the reverse ends up in reprimand.

Sultan better enjoy the pathetic playoff game that was held at the shed this year, it's your last for quite some time. Both football shows are pathetic, low budget, does it really matter?

I don't really know if you are comparing 1990 bison football to 2007 und football playoff attendance or not, but if you are, it's kind of pathetic, basicly you haven't grown at all. OR wait, you have, you FINALLY make the playoffs, but have only won the big one ONCE.

Let's instead compare your Winona win to our U of M win.

It seems to me that your view of UND is slightly skewed. UND football has been in the NCAA playoffs the last 5 years. One of those years they were in the title game, and they won a National Title earlier in this decade. Now they are moving up to the next level. They were successful enough that their coach was recruited by one of the better programs at that next level. And UND had a very qualified candidate in-house that was ready for a promotion to Head Coach. The football program and the rest of the athletic department will be fine in their move to Division I.

The University is also doing fine. The school has one of the Top 10 Entrepreneur programs in the country, the best Aerospace program and many other high quality educational programs. Research has increased tremendously over the past 5-10 years. They are working with some of the top pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the country. I don't think I would call any of those lows and I could go on and on.

North Dakota State is also doing very well. The athletic department has made the move to Division I look easy. The school itself has done a great job of growing and has many excellent educational programs. Yet instead of being happy for your school and celebrating the successes, you seem to have a need to troll on this web site.

One other thing, you and many other NDSU fans seem to have this need to denigrate UND because of attendance at a Division II play-off game. How about a few facts. Attendance at the UND-Winona play-off game was the 3rd highest out of the 8 play-off games that weekend. The 2 higher ranking games were held in Texas. It ranked 8th out of 23 total play-off games in Division II during 2007. Two of the higher ranking games were the Championship game and the semi-final at Northwest Missouri State. The UND-Winona game had better attendance than the semi-final held at Valdosta State (better than all 3 of the play-off games at Valdosta). Lower attendance at most Division II play-off games seems to be a trend, many schools had attendance for play-off games that was lower than their average attendance. That was especially true for the first 2 weekends. UND was part of that trend. It isn't something to celebrate, but only a fool would base their expectations for the potential success of something important like moving an entire athletic department up to Division I on attendance at a single football game. Unless you consider that trend to be one of the many reasons that it was time to make the move.

Just a couple comments.

1- I am sure that the Sunday morning time slot is not as good as the previous one. I know from my TV habits, I rarely watch anything at that hour.

2- I am upset with McFeely because he has now revealed the actual cost of fish per pound caught while ice fishing. (He calculated it to be $83.50 per pound for perch fillets). I am still hoping like hell my wife does not read that column.

Where did you find that information? Do you have a link?

NDSU could have nearly 10,000 season ticket holders next year so I guarantee you they will draw more than 5,000 for the Playoffs. Every home game will be sold out. Actually, when UND was playing Winona in the playoffs... NDSU was in South Dakota and we brought 7,000 fans with us. Maybe more. Times have changed.

So I would anticipate a sold out dome in the playoffs. We play inside now so the cold isn't an excuse. What's UND's excuse?

It seems to me that your view of UND is slightly skewed. UND football has been in the NCAA playoffs the last 5 years. One of those years they were in the title game, and they won a National Title earlier in this decade. Now they are moving up to the next level. They were successful enough that their coach was recruited by one of the better programs at that next level. And UND had a very qualified candidate in-house that was ready for a promotion to Head Coach. The football program and the rest of the athletic department will be fine in their move to Division I.

The University is also doing fine. The school has one of the Top 10 Entrepreneur programs in the country, the best Aerospace program and many other high quality educational programs. Research has increased tremendously over the past 5-10 years. They are working with some of the top pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the country. I don't think I would call any of those lows and I could go on and on.

North Dakota State is also doing very well. The athletic department has made the move to Division I look easy. The school itself has done a great job of growing and has many excellent educational programs. Yet instead of being happy for your school and celebrating the successes, you seem to have a need to troll on this web site.

One other thing, you and many other NDSU fans seem to have this need to denigrate UND because of attendance at a Division II play-off game. How about a few facts. Attendance at the UND-Winona play-off game was the 3rd highest out of the 8 play-off games that weekend. The 2 higher ranking games were held in Texas. It ranked 8th out of 23 total play-off games in Division II during 2007. Two of the higher ranking games were the Championship game and the semi-final at Northwest Missouri State. The UND-Winona game had better attendance than the semi-final held at Valdosta State (better than all 3 of the play-off games at Valdosta). Lower attendance at most Division II play-off games seems to be a trend, many schools had attendance for play-off games that was lower than their average attendance. That was especially true for the first 2 weekends. UND was part of that trend. It isn't something to celebrate, but only a fool would base their expectations for the potential success of something important like moving an entire athletic department up to Division I on attendance at a single football game. Unless you consider that trend to be one of the many reasons that it was time to make the move.

C'mon 82Siouxguy, let's keep it civil. None of our Bison-fan friends who post here will want to continue to debate if you keep bringing up cold hard facts! :D;)

• 3 weeks later...
Lennon show is the top rated college television program in the region.

Those numbers are strange. I have a tough time believing more people watched the Bison Basketball Show than watched Monday Night Football, which narrowly beat NDSU Football. I have a tough time believing the Lennon show had more viewers than NFL football on CBS at 3 pm, NBC Sunday Night Football, and ESPN's Monday Night Football. No matter how you look at it, NDSU, UND, and NFL Football are huge in this town. Apparently Bison Baskeball is bigger than I thought. I don't buy it.

Those numbers are strange. I have a tough time believing more people watched the Bison Basketball Show than watched Monday Night Football, which narrowly beat NDSU Football. I have a tough time believing the Lennon show had more viewers than NFL football on CBS at 3 pm, NBC Sunday Night Football, and ESPN's Monday Night Football. No matter how you look at it, NDSU, UND, and NFL Football are huge in this town. Apparently Bison Baskeball is bigger than I thought. I don't buy it.

There you go thinking again!

Where did you find that information? Do you have a link?

NDSU could have nearly 10,000 season ticket holders next year so I guarantee you they will draw more than 5,000 for the Playoffs. Every home game will be sold out. Actually, when UND was playing Winona in the playoffs... NDSU was in South Dakota and we brought 7,000 fans with us. Maybe more. Times have changed.

So I would anticipate a sold out dome in the playoffs. We play inside now so the cold isn't an excuse. What's UND's excuse?

You said it, times have changed. You are trying to compare UND Division II football with NDSU Division 1A after four or five years of success. The fact is your season ticket numbers, playoff attendance, etc. are going to be bigger and better because of your recent success. The point some before me are trying to make is the comparison between NDSU and UND's last hosted Division II playoff games. From the numbers someone else posted they seem to be similar.

In five years or so from now we will then compare our first hosted playoff game attendance and season ticket holder numbers with yours for the upcoming season (2008). You can't compare two programs, allow the same sport, at totally different times in their existence.