SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really getting old.... Every week we watch the opposing goaltender(and goalposts) stand on his head and keep his team in it. And lately we haven't been seeing JPL doing the same. He should have easily saved the first two goals. Just because he didn't get any work in the second period is no excuse... And these third period defensive breakdowns are just killing us!! :lol: .... Shaky defense and suspect goaltending = No trip to Denver. They better get it together soon.... like tomorrow....

Lot's of games left. Hak will have them firing on all cylinders when it counts!

I agree with da Taz. I'm not worried at all. I think with all the pressure of pre-season expectations, the Sioux are clutching their sticks a little tight right now. They just need to have some fun. Hell, it's only a game.

This is really getting old.... Every week we watch the opposing goaltender(and goalposts) stand on his head and keep his team in it. And lately we haven't been seeing JPL doing the same. He should have easily saved the first two goals. Just because he didn't get any work in the second period is no excuse... And these third period defensive

As much as I'm inclined to blame the defense, this is right on. But for JP, those 2 goals would not have not have gone in.

The defense was poor in the 3rd period again. But I think a lot of this has to be on the coaching staff. Maybe not tonight directly but for the past 4 seasons they have created a culture where we don't dominate every game we can we simply play hard and falsely believe we will magically turn it on when it counts.

Loosing more than we should every season (first half especially) and still making the frozen four has been lucky and should not be considered a recipe for success. After all we haven't won it all since 2000. So maybe the turn it on when it counts approach is not as effective as the play smart, play hard all season approach.

This is really getting old.... Every week we watch the opposing goaltender(and goalposts) stand on his head and keep his team in it. And lately we haven't been seeing JPL doing the same. He should have easily saved the first two goals. Just because he didn't get any work in the second period is no excuse... And these third period defensive breakdowns are just killing us!! :lol: .... Shaky defense and suspect goaltending = No trip to Denver. They better get it together soon.... like tomorrow....

You can throw in lack of offensive fire power as well

Very disappointed, yet not worried

same here, not gona worry untl we are 1 game from elimination really, get the damn split. the crazy thing is with what happened around the country is we are still at 9th in the pairwise, now we lost 2 pairwise points but still 9th thankfully, win tomorrow and gain those back if the right things happen. go sioux and lets hope oshie privides a big time friken spark!!

As much as I'm inclined to blame the defense, this is right on. But for JP, those 2 goals would not have not have gone in.

I don't agree.

The first goal was all Chorney. Lasch comes in the zone, Chorney looks up, no one trailing, all he has to do is body Lasch like all defensemen are taught to do and he never lays a hand on him until he scores. Weak goal for Lammy? yeah but if Chorney plays the body likes he's supposed to there is not a shot on goal.

Now the second goal was not all Marto. The forward coming out of the zone coughs it up while still in the zone. Marto tried to take it back out on his own (his mistake) and coughs it up. They score.

So my take is it's not Lammy.

My big problem is why the Heck do our defensemen think they are forwards? You have to pick your moments as defensemen to jump into the play but for some reason our defensemen jump in constantly. Don't they realize their position is defense. How many times do I need to see Genoway, Bina, Chorney, LaPointe, and even big old Finley deep in the zone and then nothing to show for it. Hey that's fine but when we give up lots of odd man rushes because of it, IT SUCKS!

Play your position and take the man. That's called playing defense in hockey@!#$

Didn't get to watch any of the game, so I can't say much about tonight specifically. But, we should be scoring WAY more goals. We were scoring a lot better early in the year, but we rarely score 4, and 5 seems impossible right now. The fact that our defense isn't playing like it should really doesn't help the cause in any way.

The GFers here need to take their Marto-tinted glasses off. Defensively he adds nothing to the team. They should move him to forward. Same with Chorney. He's been playing WAY too offensively this year and then gets burned on the transition after he coughs it up. Maybe if they want to play forward they should actually play forward.

Chorney just doesn't look like the same player as he was last year and that's not a compliment. Disappointing loss.

I think it is time to sit Chorney. Forget JPL he has played OK, not great but descent. I remember when no one on the team was above getting the night off...I even remember when Jason Blake was not dressed and not because of an arrest but simply because he wasn't playing to his ability. Sit Chorney, let him see the game in street clothes and then see what kind of defenseman you get back next weekend!

Didn't get to watch any of the game, so I can't say much about tonight specifically. But, we should be scoring WAY more goals. We were scoring a lot better early in the year, but we rarely score 4, and 5 seems impossible right now. The fact that our defense isn't playing like it should really doesn't help the cause in any way.

The GFers here need to take their Marto-tinted glasses off. Defensively he adds nothing to the team. They should move him to forward. Same with Chorney. He's been playing WAY too offensively this year and then gets burned on the transition after he coughs it up. Maybe if they want to play forward they should actually play forward.

marto played fine. chorney let the guy go loose on the wrap and phil didnt close it up. the defense gave up bad rushes in the third period. you didnt watch the game like you said so its hard for you to comment on it for sure. we arent scoring many goals, you are right but the bottom line is we have given up two, 2 goal 3rd period leads in back to back games. a team effort for sure. just get the damn split

Did not have time to read all 15 pages, but I thought the Sioux dominated the first 2+ periods, but as soon as the 1st goal went in for SCSU it is like they feel apart. I am sure others have said the same thing. It is just my opinion, but I think it is time to give Lammy the night off and let him refocus.

Overall I am disappointed but not too worried. i still think this team has a chance.

One last thing, do I hear right that Oshie lost his "A". Can someone fill me in please.

Lost in those terrible third period mistakes was a great effort through the first two periods. Actually the same was true in the previous game. I know you have to play 60 minutes, but the team is close to being there. Earlier we lamented when they came out flat, but that hasn't been the problem lately; they had a ton of jump and were around the net a lot. When they are playing that hard, I can't get on them about a result that they hate much more than we do.

One last thing, do I hear right that Oshie lost his "A". Can someone fill me in please.

Where did he have it last? Maybe we can help him find it.

Seriously wouldn't surprise me. Matt Greene lost the C for a couple games when he got picked up for driving under the influence.

Lost in those terrible third period mistakes was a great effort through the first two periods. Actually the same was true in the previous game. I know you have to play 60 minutes, but the team is close to being there. Earlier we lamented when they came out flat, but that hasn't been the problem lately; they had a ton of jump and were around the net a lot. When they are playing that hard, I can't get on them about a result that they hate much more than we do.

So you are saying that the silver lining in all of this is that we seem to be able to play 5 solid periods of hockey against any opponent out there?

I'll give you that much, but it doesn't matter how good the 5 periods are when the 6th period nets you the loss.

for sure overall but to blow two, 3rd period 2 goal leads like we did just flat out sucks big time. lets get the split

Maybe I'm overthinking this.....(and correct me if I'm wrong).... but, didn't we lose Friday in our Greens at Tech, Wisconsin, and Denver on the road... and then come back and win Saturday in our Blacks? Not sure what we wore at Northeastern on Saturday..... so it's obvious.......WEAR THE BLACKS EVERY GAME ON THE ROAD!!!!! Oh..... and shore up the defense and goaltending...and get more firepower.... THEN we can all meet in Denver in April! :lol: