SiouxSports.com Forum

TJ, We support you

yzerman19

The only problem with T J is that there aren't more of him. If the whole team played with his intensity and heart we wouldn't split every series. We don't have anyone in our freshman or sophomore class that comes close to his talent. Lighten up you people on the morals committee.

AMEN to that!! I mean come on people. Let the facts play out. Let's face it drinking and partying are highly prevalent at UND!! I have lived it. Besides, probably that dink from UNH who should have been back at the Holiday Inn anyhow I am sure was spouting off about his 5 point night. I have been following Sioux hockey for a number of years ansd TJ Oshie plays harder than any player I have ever seen put on a Sioux jersyey...Is it disappointing he got himself in this position...yes....but he did not commit a murder or something like that....that being said I think the GF police for the size of the town are the biggest pricks out there.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on. Sure they owe you. You pay for it. Don't kid youself -- College sports at this D-I revenue level IS a big business - it is professional hockey in all respects except for direct cash payment to the players. The Sioux generate serious revenues, and those revenues come mostly from you and your friends. Without you and others like you, do you think UND would have the hockey program they have?. The die hards that post here are the core fans who enable the whole ship to float- the ones who spend the money on the tickets, the jerseys, the arena food and finance the whole program, Uncle Ralph notwithstanding.

Yes, the athletes are college students - but they MUST be held to a higher standard of conduct, since those players represent state and school, and get enormous benefits that are not available to the rest of us. The athlete acknowledges this extra responsibility when they sign the scholarship. These are young men that should honor their commitments. To whom much is given, much is expected. North Dakota is one of the finest college hockey programs on the planet. I would expect ND fans to have very high off-ice expectations for the players that wear the green.

"The Sioux generate serious revenues, and those revenues come mostly from you and your friends. Without you and others like you, do you think UND would have the hockey program they have?. The die hards that post here are the core fans who enable the whole ship to float- the ones who spend the money on the tickets, the jerseys, the arena food and finance the whole program, Uncle Ralph notwithstanding."

Fine say that all you want but I do remember going to games at the old ralph and the people that were there the most were students! you could hardly get people to go to as many games as they do now! yes i know its off topic but half the reason people only go to games at the new ralph is to socialize and brag to there friends they have season tickets and then have the nerve to bitch at people who stand up and cheer.

also lets not get too carried away with all this BS that is said on this board, Osh still has his day in court. lets not forget the Duke Lacrosse team(yes rape is a little bit more serious), people started labeling those kids right away and as soon as the dust cleared they came out winners but were still haunted by the fact that almost everyone who cheered them now banished them.

also lets not get too carried away with all this BS that is said on this board, Osh still has his day in court. lets not forget the Duke Lacrosse team(yes rape is a little bit more serious), people started labeling those kids right away and as soon as the dust cleared they came out winners but were still haunted by the fact that almost everyone who cheered them now banished them.

AMEN to that and these charges are a drop in the bucket compared to that....I mean come on....all us SS posters could get a disorderly conduct for pissing in the bushes after having one too many...

I'll say it again:

The greatest disappointment is that he learned nothing from January.

maybe he has, we can't speak for him. Hak gave him the punishment that he thought TJ deserved for right now and is moving on like we need to do (Yes, I include myself in that). We don't know the entire story and I don't understand the whole he didn't learn from January thing. Last January, he was a minor in a bar....he was not in a bar this time and he is over 21..what did he learn from January? To not get caught in a bar when you aren't 21 or not be in a bar until you are 21. I support TJ and trust that he will come back and show us what he is made of. One or two mistakes does not make or break a person's character if they have good character to show. That is my belief anyway.

Oshie will not be on the ice for a critical WCHA game this evening because of bad decisions he made. A leader does not put his team or his teammates in this situation. PERIOD. My prediction is that the rest of the Sioux will step up in a big way tonight and Oshie will be a force on Saturday.

Please spare me all the drivel that insinuates that anyone who is diappointed in Oshie's actions somehow does not support Oshie, is a loser, or was never a wild and crazy college kid. The kid is a helluva hockey player. He will likely be a highly paid professional athlete. With that comes a level of scrutiny and responsiblity that none of us are subject too.

I'm sure he is disappointed in his actions and will learn from the incident. More importantly, I'm fairly sure that he is man enough to understand that one can be both disappointed in his actions and supportive and appreciative of his effort on the ice and his commitment to UND Fighting Sioux Hockey.

A leader doesn't put his team in that situation?? What situation?? Any situation that could eventually lead to a bad situation?? No sex, 'cause maybe your girlfriend will get pregnant and you'll hurt the team. No driving, because you might get into an accident and hurt yourself or someone else and then hurt the team. No shooting fireworks on the 4th of july, you could blow off your hand and hurt the team.

When the details of this situation come to light, everyone who is doubting TJ's character and saying he did something terrible and didn't think of his team, etc etc is going to look really foolish.

AMEN to that and these charges are a drop in the bucket compared to that....I mean come on....all us SS posters could get a disorderly conduct for pissing in the bushes after having one too many...

If I produced a list of places or things i pissed on while attending UND, many here would throw the book at me. ;) Ya know that balcony on the Alumni Center....... :lol:

A leader doesn't put his team in that situation?? What situation?? Any situation that could eventually lead to a bad situation?? No sex, 'cause maybe your girlfriend will get pregnant and you'll hurt the team. No driving, because you might get into an accident and hurt yourself or someone else and then hurt the team. No shooting fireworks on the 4th of july, you could blow off your hand and hurt the team.

When the details of this situation come to light, everyone who is doubting TJ's character and saying he did something terrible and didn't think of his team, etc etc is going to look really foolish.

Geez, Hak would suspend a guy for having sex with his girlfriend? No wonder we keep losing guys to the pros.

Wow - surely I can't be the only one who remembers doing things that I'm not exactly proud of when I was in college. Fortunately for me, I wasn't a "celebrity" on campus AND stuck in a situation where I was subject to public scrutiny when I got out of it...

Give him a break people! I'm proud that Oshie is a part of the Fighting Sioux program!

Everyone likes Oshie, is excited about his return to the ice Saturday, and supports him but that does not excuse him from putting himself in poor situations.

One time...oops, two times...oops, please don't let there be three! Learn from your past because your future is too good to mess up!

If I produced a list of places or things i pissed on while attending UND, many here would throw the book at me. :lol: Ya know that balcony on the Alumni Center....... :lol:

I think I would be arrested at least twice a week if I produced a list of places I pee on during my night time strole of campus! :lol:

I think I would be arrested at least twice a week if I produced a list of places I pee on during my night time strole of campus! :lol:

Lol. Thats all fine and dandy until a bike cop comes out of no where and leaps on you like you are trying to ignite a bomb.

Lol. Thats all fine and dandy until a bike cop comes out of no where and leaps on you like you are trying to ignite a bomb.

tell me about it, or tell my buddy who acted like he was me when the copper on a huffy came flying out of a bush, screeched his tires and got him :lol: