SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie suspended one game

UND92,96

not sure where you get all your info plains cow fan, you obviously listen to the "reliable" local press too much, but bina did not let them out of a police vehicle, and they did not make a run for it, but nice try. as to the teenage drinking in nd, it is a problem, but osh is a 21 yr old who can legally have a drink in a bar. not sure how these situations correlate to your percieved huge "big money" problem, but it is a convenient one since no bison program has to deal with it. i think your drivel belongs on a different forum :lol:

edit- i didn't realize our mints started printing million dollar bills :lol:

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure where you get all your info plains cow fan, you obviously listen to the "reliable" local press too much, but bina did not let them out of a police vehicle, and they did not make a run for it, but nice try. as to the teenage drinking in nd, it is a problem, but osh is a 21 yr old who can legally have a drink in a bar. not sure how these situations correlate to your percieved huge "big money" problem, but it is a convenient one since no bison program has to deal with it. i think your drivel belongs on a different forum :lol:

Wasn't a bison fan arrested recently for trying to cash a million dollar bill? I'm sure I read that somewhere....

Look, Im a hockey fan too, grew up in a hockey town. And maybe your right on the big money deal as per this article by Ruesse the CBA was capped at 750,000 for a signing bonus and now it is only 87,500, but as Kurvers states some of this is all about "development". Enjoy this article if you have not already read it and I AM going back to THE FORUM of all forums.

www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/12757177.html

I think what this story brings to light is how different the GFPD treats students compared to the general population. I highly doubt that your average citizen would have received a citation under these circumstances. Until GF realizes that having one set of rules for students and another set of rules for everyone else is wrong they will continue to see UND students opt for elsewhere after graduation.

GFPD are amateurs, Plain an simple.

I was at a party a few years ago. As I was walking out the back door I heard the cops were at the front door and had arrested a friend of mine.

Now my friend was a real dumb @ss, so this was not surprising, but I thought I'd go see what the deal was and see if it would be possible to bail him out that night.

So when I got to the front of the house, I saw a GFPD officer. I asked, "Excuse me, did you arrest someone?" He replied "Go home." I said, "Listen I have every right to be here. I'm simply asking if you have arrested anyone and if so, if it was my friend." He said, "If you don't do what I tell you I'm taking you to jail."

Now, on a certain level I do regret what I said next, but this is America damn it and I will die for the right of anyone in the country to say it...

"F@@k You!"

He then said, "that's it, your under arrest." Which I thought was a little out of line as I was expecting at least on warning about my language, so I turned to my friend to look at him as if to say WTF? But before I could, two other GFPD officers joined the one I was talking to and started hitting and pushing me to the ground.

At no point was I told to go to the ground, to turn around, put my hands on my head or anything of the sort. As they tackled me to the ground and stood on my head. They all chanted in unison: "Stop resisting! Stop resisting!" etc.

I was so bruised that I actually filed a formal complaint and was photographed at the police station.

So, to make a long story short, what was I charged with: Disorderly Conduct. Which is another way of saying you did nothing wrong but your going to jail anyway.

So lay off Oshie. I am positive he did nothing to be ashamed of.

Go Sioux!!!

i don't think it was his view on osh's guilt or innocence that got him in trouble, i'm pretty sure it is the way he went about getting his point across, which was attacking everyone and anyone who didn't have their lips attached to his a$$ and agreed with everything he said. i'm sure if he is a good boy, he will be released on good behavior. either way, i think we'll get by.

What all did Hak say pre-game on Friday? I heard from another (I didn't have it on) that Hak said Oshie's "A" is gone from his jersey for the year and that he'd sit Friday. But was there also a mention of involvement of the Dean of Students in this matter?

What all did Hak say pre-game on Friday? I heard from another (I didn't have it on) that Hak said Oshie's "A" is gone from his jersey for the year and that he'd sit Friday. But was there also a mention of involvement of the Dean of Students in this matter?

here is where the problem is -- member # 10 trying to get a reaction out of anyone!! why don't you call the "dean of students" --yourself

what does this have to do with a great sioux win in st. cloud?

are you here as a fan --or to knock tj a little farther down?

is this type of question you would exspect form the 10th member of sioux sports?

what is the point of your question please tell me i can't figure you out?

When this get's thrown out of court I am sure you will be the first to say you were wrong!

"F@@k You!"

Actually.......I believe that a Bismarck attorney flipped off and said that to a Bismarck PD officer several years ago (or was it Mandan?) and was arrested for Disorderly Conduct, fought it to the ND Supreme Court, and it was overturned because Police Officers are held to a higher standard and should expect to hear things like that.

Had he done it to a regular person, it would've stuck.

Oh, by the way, my car was punched by an GFPD officer doing a very poor job of directing traffic outside the Alerus Center before a Sioux Football game this year. I feel sorry for someone that makes that guy mad.

i don't think it was his view on osh's guilt or innocence that got him in trouble, i'm pretty sure it is the way he went about getting his point across, which was attacking everyone and anyone who didn't have their lips attached to his a$$ and agreed with everything he said. i'm sure if he is a good boy, he will be released on good behavior. either way, i think we'll get by.

There were others who showed their 'support' of TJ by attacking members who didn't agree with what they posted. Some posters were attacked who didn't say any thing negative about TJ.

Thanks administrator for getting it under control.

Hak said at the pre-game that in addition to losing the A, TJ also has to be involved in a program designed by the dean of students. Hak didn't wait for the case to be thrown out of court before acting. That implys, maybe wrongly, there are other things going on besides getting stuck in the elevator. All of you who don't want to hear more about this situation should tell Hak to quit bringing it up in public This is a Fighting Sioux sports forum and we're going to discuss things regarding all aspects of FS athletics and athletes. We have the option of reading it or not reading it. You don't like what's posted, don't read it. People who want to post/discuss these things have every right to do so. Well as long as they don't take it to the extreme that Triouxp did.

Hak said at the pre-game that in addition to losing the A, TJ also has to be involved in a program designed by the dean of students. Hak didn't wait for the case to be thrown out of court before acting. That implys, maybe wrongly, there are other things going on besides getting stuck in the elevator. All of you who don't want to hear more about this situation should tell Hak to quit bringing it up in public This is a Fighting Sioux sports forum and we're going to discuss things regarding all aspects of FS athletics and athletes. We have the option of reading it or not reading it. You don't like what's posted, don't read it. People who want to post/discuss these things have every right to do so. Well as long as they don't take it to the extreme that Triouxp did.

Given that my question had merit (Hak revealed the Dean of Students has gotten involved) and others heard Hakstol talking on Friday's pre-game ...

here is where the problem is -- member # 10 trying to get a reaction out of anyone!! why don't you call the "dean of students" --yourself

I could but the Dean would be legally precluded by FERPA from answering. So, given that, I'm a little shocked that Coach Hakstol would bring such a matter up in a public forum like the radio pre-game show. And apparently Hak did.

is this type of question you would exspect form the 10th member of sioux sports?

what is the point of your question please tell me i can't figure you out?

I'm trying to figure out what Hak (note: HAKSTOL) said, in a pre-game show, streamed worldwide on the internet, about this matter. Why are you surprised that "Member 10" is interested in what Coach Hakstol told the world in the Friday pre-game?

When this get's thrown out of court I am sure you will be the first to say you were wrong!

What was I wrong about? The Dean of Students getting involved? Hak said that on the radio.

So if you're looking to rip someone: Rip Hak.

But (based on past advice I've been repeatedly given) I'm going to trust Hak and assume he did what he did for a good reason.

Given that my question had merit (Hak revealed the Dean of Students has gotten involved) and others heard Hakstol talking on Friday's pre-game ...

I could but the Dean would be legally precluded by FERPA from answering. So, given that, I'm a little shocked that Coach Hakstol would bring such a matter up in a public forum like the radio pre-game show. And apparently Hak did.

I'm trying to figure out what Hak (note: HAKSTOL) said, in a pre-game show, streamed worldwide on the internet, about this matter. Why are you surprised that "Member 10" is interested in what Coach Hakstol told the world in the Friday pre-game?

What was I wrong about? The Dean of Students getting involved? Hak said that on the radio.

So if you're looking to rip someone: Rip Hak.

But (based on past advice I've been repeatedly given) I'm going to trust Hak and assume he did what he did for a good reason.

Sounds like double secret probation to me :D

Coach only suspended him for a game and took away his A. But we're being sanctimonious........

I'm guessing the coach knows more about the situation than most of us. If Hakstol needs to hand this down, then obviously there was a message he felt he needed to send.

Dagies is right again.

The responses to the news that TJ was arrested varied from people basically calling for his head to people who said they were dissapointed by or questioning some of the decisions TJ has made. Seems to me that since Hak rendered his judgement "I am dissapointed" before the details of the reason for the arrest were "leaked" ; ) - there is no need for anyone who was only agreeing with Hak to make any apologies to anyone. No jumping to any conclusions - just agreeing with the head coach of the team. It doesn't even matter to me if there IS more to the story. As soon as Hak said what he said - there was reason to be dissapointed. I doubt that even TJ would demand an apology form anyone who is siding with Haks' judgement.

TJ will have a plea of Not Guilty entered on his behalf today, and within a month the charges most likely will be dropped. Take it to the bank.

for sure...........like i said from the beginning as well. these will be dropped