SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL Outdoors Today at 12:00 PM (CST)

SiouxBetcha

Puck goes into the snow. I don't see any players trudging through the snow to look for the pucks either! That was always a downer to the game. Of course, you always had the guy who stayed on the ice who tried to direct everyone exactly where it went into the snowbank! :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Puck goes into the snow. I don't see any players trudging through the snow to look for the pucks either! That was always a downer to the game. Of course, you always had the guy who stayed on the ice who tried to direct everyone exactly where it went into the snowbank! :D
You are bringing back some great memories Siouxdoyms.Thanks.

The kind of game where you don't want to go more than a few minutes without a shift. A whole new meaning to "cold legs".

Yeah, the difference between this and true pond hockey is that your shift breaks were when you stayed back to play defense while someone else made the rush up the ice. You never took a break off the ice until it was time to go into the warming house.

Yeah, the difference between this and true pond hockey is that your shift breaks were when you stayed back to play defense while someone else made the rush up the ice. You never took a break off the ice until it was time to go into the warming house.

Exactly. And if you took a couple minutes to fix equipment or a nature break, the legs were already tightening up.

It will be interesting to see how these teams are affected by this over the next couple weeks.

Exactly. And if you took a couple minutes to fix equipment or a nature break, the legs were already tightening up.

It will be interesting to see how these teams are affected by this over the next couple weeks.

The first few minutes after your 5 minute break were just killer too! Made you just want to go home until your legs were loose again.

I'm watching intermitantly. I'm not big on the outdoor games but with the elements this one is pretty cool.

I do wonder if a better game for this would be the all-star game vs. a regular season game. I'd also like to see a Canadian team and a US team in this game. Just seems right for some reason.

I kind of like the Penguins uni's.

The teams are wearing "throw back" uniforms. P'burgh's have a little GVSU feel to them (light blue and black). Buffalo's not wearing the Buffa-slug but the sabres.

And if you want to play hockey in a football stadium you need a retractable roof .... :D

I remember the days when not everyone in this region had an indoor rink and this is how hockey was played. Ah the good old days ....

Why all the ice issues I wonder.

Buf - Kotalik - low glove - score

Pit - Christiansen - deke - no

Buf - Connelly - five hole - no

Pit - Letang - backhand - score

Buf - Afiniganhov - backhand - no

Pit - Crosby - five hole - PENS WIN ....

Apologies for spellings ....

Just like the NHL scripted it. :D