SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL Outdoors Today at 12:00 PM (CST)

SiouxBetcha

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be really cool. Would love to see UND have an outdoor game. I'm thinking

Memorial Stadium could be transformed for this purpose? Have a great day.

Now that would be cool.Would definitely attend that with my thermos of hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps.

WinterClassicStadium2.jpg

This is a really cool thing the NHL is doing. They have the Penguins playing in it, which if you're looking to attract fans, that's definitely one of the teams you want. In fact, the only way I think the NHL did do something wrong with this game, is by choosing the DAY to air it nationally. New Years Day??? New Years Day sports have always been college football. Why try to compete with that? People have parties to watch the various games. Yes, I'll watch this game, but I'll still be switching back and forth to check on the football games. Should still be fun to watch.

Snow flying like crazy in Buffalo!!! This is going to be like the pond days I had when I was a kid. The difference...I don't see the players taking a break to get out shovels to clear the ice! :D

Sounds like they will be able to get it in though.

Announcers said Buffalo fans snowballed the Penguins bus upon arrival. Reminds me of the good old Gopher days at the old Ralph! This game looks great. !

I thought those were beer bottles. :(:D Speaking of Gophers, Jeff "After the Whistle"Taffe is playing for the Pens, who I might add are wearing some ugly uniforms.