SiouxSports.com Forum

Who's going with Lennon?

bison fan north of GF

where is this info coming from?

Hedberg and Bubba are pretty good bets. I don't think Dale will raid the current staff given the circumstances of his hire and his loyalty to UND. Belmore would be a great fit for OC at UND and - face it - if you can move into a new job with 2 top assistants? You can fill the other positions without killing your alma-mater...

How many players will Bohl take when he leaves NDSU? According to the genuises on other sites Chappel isn't good enough to play the next division up. Why do some think that a strong program with great tradition lives and dies with one person?

where is this info coming from?

General gossip from around campus. Mussman apparently the only asst. to apply for head coaching position. Bellmore and Schmidt really have no ties to area so going is a solid idea. Heard Bubba isn't happy at Duluth and would welcome the change. I believe the Hedberg/Lennon fued? if you want to call it that is all but over and I think Hedberg would be a good Offensive Coordinator at SIU. We'll see if I'm right here shortly. Gossip will turn to fact or fiction in the next couple weeks. :lol:

General gossip from around campus. Mussman apparently the only asst. to apply for head coaching position. Bellmore and Schmidt really have no ties to area so going is a solid idea. Heard Bubba isn't happy at Duluth and would welcome the change. I believe the Hedberg/Lennon fued? if you want to call it that is all but over and I think Hedberg would be a good Offensive Coordinator at SIU. We'll see if I'm right here shortly. Gossip will turn to fact or fiction in the next couple weeks. :lol:

Bubba is going to SIU.

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/mens/football/i...p;story_id=3720

Schmidt has no ties to the area? He is from NORTH DAKOTA!

Schmidt has no ties to the area? He is from NORTH DAKOTA!

Being from North Dakota is hardly the same as having ties to the area. Our population has gone down steadily over the last 35 years so being from "North Dakota" is hardly a tie. I meant being married and having children in school at an age where moving is tricky or being a person with parents still living in community. Stuff like that

It's pretty stunning that the UND Div II coach ends up going to a higher paying job with a school in the same conference NDSU is joining - where are the offers for Bohl? Why aren't falling all over themselves in IA to get Bohl?

BobIwabuchiFan

As I Bison fan I hope he never leaves or never gets an offer. I'm glad they aren't falling over themselves to get Bohl. It's their loss and hopefully Bohl sticks around as long as Lennon did.

There was an article in the Forum 2 weeks ago that said Taylor wants to make the NDSU head coaching job one of the 3 highest paying in the FCS. Bohl already makes more than the head coach at Montana.

I think the Southern Illinois job is on the same level as NDSU. Lennon is a great coach too.