SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs NEW HAMPSHIRE

AZSIOUX

Sioux outplayed UNH, and I am quick to criticize when we come out flat. Thought it was a solid effort. UNH's scoring opportunities all came from Sioux mistakes and were transition type chances. UNH had vey little in terms of sustained pressure.

UNH did a good job of colasping around the net and blocking the shooting lanes. I thought the game could have been more one sided if it wasn't for their goalie.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the Genoway, Trupp, Frattin line. MIght be a big deal in 2009 ;)

Like the Radke, Martens and Zajac line for grit... and apparently for scoring ;)

Not so sure about moving Vandevelde and Kaip. I know why he did it, but I'm not sure if I'm on board. The two seem almost interchangeable to me this year, both are scoring goals and both are playing physical. I guess Hak must see something in practice. The top two lines, however, seemed to be playing with good chemistry before the break. Oh well.

Here's the million dollar question: When Malone comes back, whose spot does he take? You can't likely bench one of the checking liners when they are scoring goals.

I was pleased with the effort. It felt like we had a more balanced attack, although our second line didn't do much. I do think line 2 has potential.

UNH is a better team with JVR...Think Dany Heatley while at Wisconsin. This win is huge, a sweep would be even bigger.

OK, nobody i) shave; ii) change their underwear; iii) wash their socks; iv) sit in a different seat; v) eat a different pre-game meal.

gasboy will be happy because I didn't watch the game at Sensers (I have a VERY losing record at Sensers). Tonite I will not be able to watch at all, though. Won't be home...

Love the Genoway, Trupp, Frattin line. MIght be a big deal in 2009 ;)

Like the Radke, Martens and Zajac line for grit... and apparently for scoring :D

Not so sure about moving Vandevelde and Kaip. I know why he did it, but I'm not sure if I'm on board. The two seem almost interchangeable to me this year, both are scoring goals and both are playing physical. I guess Hak must see something in practice. The top two lines, however, seemed to be playing with good chemistry before the break. Oh well.

I liked the moves.

I like Oshie at center. (Of course, we should all be worried about where the Blues want Oshie to be played. ;) )

I also like VandeVelde at center.

Splitting them gives us better scoring balance - teams will check Oshie-Duncan-[anyone] pretty hard anyway, so better scoring threats elsewhere up and down the lineup will help take the pressure off.

I agree about Genoway-Trupp-Frattin. They created a lot last night and could have had more than one.

Before the break, faceoffs were a problem for the Sioux. And we didn't have as much puck possession as we're used to.

Check the faceoffs from last night, an early indicator of what's working:

http://www.fightingsioux.com/downloads1/30...DB_OEM_ID=13500

hes reffed sioux games already before tonight and he has been back in g forks to ref as well. there is no need to complain about reffing, we won, the penalties were very even if that even matters and it doesnt.

I think when you win it's a better time to analyze the job the officials did. Prior to Phil getting run we had an advantage in penalties. I think Adam got PO'd at his acting and was out to get the Sioux after that. He negated the power play and called 3-4 non consequential penalties in a row against us.

Who did Finley slash, was it Butler (#12) who ran Phil?

I think when you win it's a better time to analyze the job the officials did. Prior to Phil getting run we had an advantage in penalties. I think Adam got PO'd at his acting and was out to get the Sioux after that. He negated the power play and called 3-4 non consequential penalties in a row against us.

Who did Finley slash, was it Butler (#12) who ran Phil?

I'd go along with that. It was very bad acting on JPL's part. Judging by the amount of time it took a trainer to get out there to check on him, they thought the same thing!

I'd go along with that. It was very bad acting on JPL's part. Judging by the amount of time it took a trainer to get out there to check on him, they thought the same thing!

Apparently JPL has learned some things from JP. ;)

I guess I'm going against the grain today, but I thought the Sioux looked like crap for most of the game again...Blind passing, dumping the puck to the opposing team in our zone, and the inability to make 3 crisp passes was a recipe for their poor start of the season. I do give credit to UNH for keeping the sticks on the ice and effectively poke checking and clogging the lanes against the Sioux, but we have to take the responsibility for not even skating! I saw maybe two people who skated all night and the rest looked like they were pulling plows! If we win tonight, it won't be due to the same play we had on Friday, but rather getting more physical with UNH and clearing the lanes for passing!

Lastly, Oshie is an animal and he is relentless when it comes to attacking the puck and the player - he will be sorely missed from our Championship team next year! ;)

BobIwabuchiFan

This has nothing to do with Sioux hockey, but as far as acting goes...

A few years ago when I was involved with the Lake Region Rodeo Association, Devils Lake held the State Roughrider Rodeo Finals every year. One of my jobs was in the "crows nest" with the announcers, timers etc. One of the events, Jr. Bull riding only had a few year end qualifiers each year and they were usually a couple kids that qualified with only a few points throughout the year (also know as...very inexperienced). Anyway, we had a kid from Fort Totten that qualified and he nodded for his bull and was bucked off within about 1.7 seconds. He pulled a "knocked out cold" acting job and just laid there in the dirt. Now the emergency personnel and other cowboys are there to help out. About 30 seconds later, the bull circles around and comes back towards him, and this kids knows it and is suddenly cured and jumps up and hops on to the fence to avoid being run over by a 1500 pound bull. That kids got his A$$ chewed by every RRA official in that arena. He didnt come back for his 2nd and 3rd go-round. ;)

Anyone hear anything about Phil? I know he stayed in the game last night after getting knocked out, and I would assume he's playing again tonight.... But I know that sometimes it takes some time after the game to feel the effects of an injury, so I was just wondering if there's anything new, or is he fine?

Anyone hear anything about Phil? I know he stayed in the game last night after getting knocked out, and I would assume he's playing again tonight.... But I know that sometimes it takes some time after the game to feel the effects of an injury, so I was just wondering if there's anything new, or is he fine?

Don't worry he will be fine. I gave him an Emmy for this role.

Good grief. He didn't get "knocked out". He was barely hit by a player that was skating stride for stride with a Sioux player. He was spun around and "allegedly" hit his head, though you couldn't tell that from the numerous replays of the play. There certainly was contact, and Jean-Phillipe sold it quite well, resulting in a penalty called on the player that made the contact. Jean-Phillipe will be just fine.

VanDeVelde hit Regan with a lot more force later on in the game.

Good grief. He didn't get "knocked out". He was barely hit by a player that was skating stride for stride with a Sioux player. He was spun around and "allegedly" hit his head, though you couldn't tell that from the numerous replays of the play. There certainly was contact, and Jean-Phillipe sold it quite well, resulting in a penalty called on the player that made the contact. Jean-Phillipe will be just fine.

VanDeVelde hit Regan with a lot more force later on in the game.

I am actually surprised that he didn't get a diving penalty for unsportsman like conduct.

If he had been knocked out he would have been sitting in the locker-room at the fact.

It was funny how Adam didn't buy it.

I am actually surprised that he didn't get a diving penalty for unsportsman like conduct.

If he had been knocked out he would have been sitting in the locker-room at the fact.

Ah ok sorry, geez you all don't need to bite my freakin head off.... My bad...

On a side note, my little 7-year-old brother played goalie in his little hockey game today. And his team won despite him letting in 16 goals ;)

Ah ok sorry, geez you all don't need to bite my freakin head off.... My bad...

On a side note, my little 7-year-old brother played goalie in his little hockey game today. And his team won despite him letting in 16 goals ;)

I don't think anyone is bitting your head off but I thought everyone pretty much new it was an embellishment.

:D;):D

I ;) am actually surprised that he didn't get a diving penalty for unsportsman like conduct.

Hey I didn't but that ;) in there.

Seriously that was a huge acting job, and I was not impressed with that.

I would have loved to hear Masucko and Woog if he had done that against the Goofs...

Oh that's right he did it against the Goofs as well... That being said he did play well last night.