SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux fans gathering in St Cloud?

Squirrel

Hi All,

Any recommended lodgings in St Cloud for Sioux fans when UND plays in St Cloud Jan 4 and Jan 5? Also any particular place Sioux fans might gather on Friday night?

Thanks in advance.

They have an unbelievable bar selection in St Cloud.

Hi All,

Any recommended lodgings in St Cloud for Sioux fans when UND plays in St Cloud Jan 4 and Jan 5? Also any particular place Sioux fans might gather on Friday night?

Thanks in advance.

The Kelly Inn is where myself and a few others will be. Been down for this series the last few years and their are usually alot of Sioux fans there. I think the team stays their as well. They have a Green Mill in the Hotel as well.

Also within walking distance of the downtown bars. I think there has been a UND gathering in the past, but I have not attended it. We usually go to Howies Bar(think of a bigger Hub bar with a larger menu). they will bus you to and from the game and give you a Cab Voucher at the end of the night.

Pretty cool hangout and have met some very cool St. Cloud fans there over the years.

Kelly Inn is a great choice. There is also the Holiday Inn which is near HWY #15 and close to the mall and a lot of places to eat. We have a great following of Sioux fans in the area. We even have the Ultimate Sports Bar and Partners Pub showing all Sioux home games on their big screens. We have drawings for prizes and it's been fun for us that can't make the trip to GF for the games at the Ralph. This year I bought 16 tickets for each night and we're up in section 210, right next to the tickets they sell the rest of our fans. Last year I had alum friends from L.A. fly out for the weekend. Shouldn't be a problem getting tickets because the students will still be on break. A sweep would be sweet as we start to skate in 2008.

I might be going to the Jan 4th game. Right now, they have tix in the student section available. How are the SCSU students towards Sioux infiltrators? Ordinarly I could care less, actualy welcoming the challenge, but I may have my 3 y/o with, so I want it to be enjoyable for him.

What section are the students in? Where are you finding these tickets? Do they have a ticket exchange similiar to what we have?

Thanks

Students are in 108-109,(avoid this area) 207, 117-118,213-214. I like the opposite end of the ice because that is the end we shoot at twice. UND gets tickets in Section 208 I believe. SCSU has a few diehards that will stand outside with signs about our name but the group is getting smaller and in the past few years they have had to recruit foreign exchange students . I know because I am a host family for a young man from Hong Kong. He was told last year to come and hold a sign and when he asked why they said, "you can return to your home country and say you were in a protest."He didn't go and for Christmas I gave him a Sioux t shirt which he loves. Here is the link to the NHC http://www.stcloudstate.edu/athletics/tickets/NHCseating.asp

I got tickets a while ago on Ticketmaster in section 111. My wife and I are planning on attending the Saturday night game. Looking forward to crossing another WCHA arena off my list. By the way, the Friday night game will be aired on CSTV.

I KNEW there was a reason I hadn't gotten rid of my extra sports package on digital cable yet.

Sweet! :glare:

I recommend standing room tickets...if you don't mind standing. The way the arena is setup, the standing room tickets are closer than the "upper-level". It's basically a split bowl, and the standing room people get a wall in between levels on the main walking concourse. It's fun to stand there all game, but if you need seats, that's not the way to go. The tickets (last time I checked) for standing room are only $12.

With all this talk of tickets my prediction is that Sioux fans out number SCSU fans just as we did for football here a couple of years ago. If not out number them we'll be louder. Looking forward to seeing more Sioux fans come to St.Cloud. Welcome and Go Sioux!

If anyone is looking for tickets for Saturday night send me a message. I think I can round up some in Section 208 or 210. They are $25 a piece (face value). Heading up to GF on Friday a.m. so might not check this board until Monday the 31st. Go Sioux!

2 in secion 114 - row 4 for the Saturday game. My wife will be out of town, so I think a buddy of mine will be coming along - if not - I may have a ticket and a ride back and forth from Metropolitan Minnesota available if anyone is interested.

We usually go to Howies for the reasons mentioned earlier.

Does anybody know of other hotels around the arena (or not) that my son (poor college student) and his friends can afford?

Siouxmama, in the past I have gotten rooms at the Country Inn & Suites East for $45 on Priceline. Bid 2 1/2*, $45...or pm me for help.

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?...e=2&subid=0

st cloud is a fun road series. great bars and fun hockey atmosphere with a good amount of sioux fans. i have a buddy that will bbe going to the ultimate sports bar both nights i believe while hes in town there for the games. always a good spot for sioux fans

For all UND home games we have the basement of the Ultimate Sports Bar reserved for Sioux fans to watch the game. We even have door prizes at the end of each period so pass the word. SCSU broadcasts all of their home games on tv so anyone without a ticket could watch the game there plus have a few colds ones with some Sioux fans.

For all UND home games we have the basement of the Ultimate Sports Bar reserved for Sioux fans to watch the game. We even have door prizes at the end of each period so pass the word. SCSU broadcasts all of their home games on tv so anyone without a ticket could watch the game there plus have a few colds ones with some Sioux fans.

is this where everyone meets up before and after the games? Also, will there be scalpers outside?

is this where everyone meets up before and after the games? Also, will there be scalpers outside?

you can buy tickets outside the stadium without a problem or just check around here for sioux fans with extras or are you doing a last minute thing bob?

you can buy tickets outside the stadium without a problem or just check around here for sioux fans with extras or are you doing a last minute thing bob?

We'll, it's pretty much a last minute thing. We are staying at the Hampton Inn Friday night in Maple Grove, just outside of the cities (that was the bait for my wife...she can shop while my son and I go to the game). I've never been to St. Cloud for a game, so we might as well go! I'm hoping to use the same angle the first weekend in Feb.