SiouxSports.com Forum

While we were all squabling about...

Goon

I am not sure if anyone had mentioned it, but Mike Comodore was playing with the Flames last night, back with Big Mike was the dew he sported back during the 2000 year...

Just for fyi, here is some of the young players for Calgary that are in the system or up and coming...

F Chuck Kobasew

F Matthew Lombardi

F Blair Betts

D Mike Commodore

D Mike Mottau

Looks like some promissing players...

I was going to post this and forgot.

Seems to me Commie is forgetting his "game". In the Calgary game with the Wild the other night, there were all kinds of fighting penalties.

I checked the box score and Commie had a lowly 2 min minor for slashing.

Wimp.

Just for fyi, here is some of the young players for Calgary that are in the system or up and coming...

F Chuck Kobasew

F Matthew Lombardi

F Blair Betts

D Mike Commodore

D Mike Mottau

Looks like some promissing players...

Although it is tough for me to admit that a Gopher is a good up and coming player, I would add Jordon Leopold to the list. It is quite an impressive list of young player. It will be interesting to see how many develop and most importantly how many Calgary can affoard to keep around.

Yes I did Sioux Fan in Boston. However I was disapointed that he wasn't used except on the fourth line and the game I watched was against the Sens and the majority of the game was on special teams. Lee looked good when he played though...

Lets see from the recent UND teams we have Goren, Brad D, Bayda, Commi thats not too bad...

It's only the first period, and Commodore has only had one real chance to drop em', but it looks to me like he's a little intimidated by his colleagues at this level. He doesn't have the 'look' he did in the WCHA. He looks like he doesn't know what the outcome will be if he goes to dukes! I say this lightly, because I know what he is capable of unleashing, but it just seems he needs to test the waters and gain some brawling confidence!

Believe me, I'm not saying he's backing down from anyone or any situation! In fact, my son has a picture of himself and Mike, an 8X10, framed in his room! I'm just looking for him to be a standout.....which shows my love for the Sioux!

Yep, I saw it!!!! I think he did well...I think the game DQ will enhance his NHL future! I'm not for total goon hockey, but as we all know, making a presence on the ice will keep you in the NHL with an "average" goal scoring season! Just ask Domi!

Keep it up Mike!

Yep, I saw it!!!! I think he did well...I think the game DQ will enhance his NHL future! I'm not for total goon hockey, but as we all know, making a presence on the ice will keep you in the NHL with an "average" goal scoring season! Just ask Domi!

Keep it up Mike!

What? Are you saying he dropped the gloves vs. Domi? The two teams haven't even played lately.

Commie fought Shawn(?) Ferguson. He didn't get in many punches, but he slammed Ferguson into the glass about 5 times. The clown hair was pretty sweet too :D

I think Hopper was saying that Domi is proof that if you are a physical presence on the ice, you can play in the NHL without adding alot to the scoresheet.

No, he fought with #32, didn't catch his name, but both were ejected (5:00 plus game DQ). Pretty even fight that lasted about 30-40 seconds.

My comparison to Domi is the tough guy presence, even though the scoring isn't through the roof. I hope Mike keeps playing tough. They mentioned his name quite a few times on CBC, as well as Leopold's. Leoplold was the 3rd star of the game.