SiouxSports.com Forum

What's the story behind...

octupus99

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I have introduced my wife and friend Jon to Kauk and Gretzky...

Gretzky wouldn't stop going on about his sign Saturday night...

"Did I see the Sign?" Did I see the Sign???

Can someone tell me what sign he was talking about?

Personally since we were at the Sat night game, I think Gretzky was talking about the

"No one comes in to our house and pushes us around" sign...

After all he was right, and after our sweep I may just believe this after all!!!

There Subway Commercial, good stuff...

Anyone have a link to that commercial?

Bickel is a thug, a hack, I wish big Joe could have gotten a chance to clean his clock.

I am surprised that tDon would even recruit such a thug to be part of the golden boys. :D

Heck they haven't had a goon like that since Demarchi.

His hits from behind have been noticeable in every TV game this year, totally DeMarchi like. Nasty one on Lasch on Friday night, Lasch is lucky he didn't end up with a broken neck. And it didn't even warrant a 2 minute penalty, although (was it) Marco was standing right beside the hit watching.

Below is the story from the Herald that someone referenced earlier about K Dawg and Gretz

Grand Forks Herald (ND)

November 15, 1998

Section: A

Edition: FINAL

Page: 01

ONE OF `THE BOYS'

MARK KAUK IS GREATER GRAND FORKS' NO. 1 SPORTS FAN

Ryan Bakken, Herald Staff Writer

At age 6, Mark Kauk was still playing with toddler toys when his mother brought home baseball cards one day.

His life changed forever. He'd set those cards out on his bed, put all the players in their real positions and make his own game, Betty Kauk said. It was his own little world.

He'd do the same with hockey, basketball and football cards, too. Sometimes, he'd use a scissors to cut out their body silhouettes to make them look more lifelike. He'd get drink stir sticks shaped like hockey sticks and tape them to the NHL playing cards.

THIS POST EDITED BY GDM: Please do not copy and paste entire articles onto this site. The reason is left below. Thank you.

Copyright

Great Story!!! I work with kids with mental retardation and it is amazing the things they can remember. I have one who can identify nearly any song I play in the classroom, but is unable to say his ABC's. I also met and chauffeured around the "Real Rainman" (Kim Peek) when we brought him to Grand Forks in 2003, and the information he knew was astonishing, yet he needed adult assistance in daily hygiene.

His hits from behind have been noticeable in every TV game this year, totally DeMarchi like. Nasty one on Lasch on Friday night, Lasch is lucky he didn't end up with a broken neck. And it didn't even warrant a 2 minute penalty, although (was it) Marco was standing right beside the hit watching.

Horrible reffing if Finley had done that Lucia would be lobbying the WCHA league office for additional punishment and commenting on how the Sioux are alway in the middle of scrums. :D All seriousness Bickle is a hack and will end up hurting someone if the league doesn't keep an eye on him even in the NHL they league officials are watching players that have a history of doing questonable things.

I would love to see that K-Dawg and Gretzky Subway commercial. Is there anyway to get that? Gretzky is squirrely when he gets around the cheerleaders, but K-Dawg is the man. I saw him put down an ice cream cone in about two seconds last Saturday and still get up and go all out taunting the MT goalie. I'm sure with all of the hours he spent with curling, helping out at UND, keeping Gretzky under control, LC hockey tourney, and the Sioux series he was beat. If GF ever gets a new football stadium it should be named for him (the number one fan). The guy can't get in the rain locker more than once or twice a week, but he is the man when it comes to Sioux sports. #43 should be retired.