SiouxSports.com Forum

Your 2003-04 Fighting Sioux

jk

Geez you guys are critical. In my opinion, Woog is an excellent color guy. He is infinitely knowledgeable and is spontaneously witty. Of course he's a bit of a homer, but then it is a home broadcast! Despite the fact that he pulls for Minnesota, he often weighs in with opinions that don't favor the Gophers.

As for Mazacco, he does a fair job on the play by play. He rarely messes up names (you try remembering or accessing 25 names for 9 other teams), and he brings a decent amount of excitement and enthusiasm to the broadcast. Remember, this isn't the New York Rangers or ESPN. These two, for local guys, do a real good job. :huh:

Here are some stats for this past season for the freshman coming in:

Forwards:

Brady Murray 5'11" 172 59 games 42 - 59 - 101

Drew Stafford 6'2" 200 45 games 35 - 53 - 88

Eric Fabian 6'2" 195 54 games 19 - 18- 37

Chris Porter 6' 1" 210 59 games 13 - 22 - 35

D:

Smaby 6'4" 205 46 games 3 - 19 - 22 83PIM

Goal:

Sedevie: 5'9" 173 35 games 2.62 GAA .896 Save %

Ziegelmann 5'9" 180 28 games 2.58 GAA .908 save %

Where is Lamoureux going? His stats: 34 games 2.17GAA .917 save %

One last note with all the talk about Sidney Crosby at SSM this year, Murray scored 150 points last year when he was there; Crosby has 135 points right now with a possible 5 games left.

I'm sure I will get a few comments back on this one......but does anybody wonder why Blais didn't put Lundbohm, Parise, and Bochenski together more often this year? I like the way they played in the 3rd period in the Regionals! They were always looking for a player to "fill" the spot on that line....how many 1 goal games did we lose?:huh: Who's to say they won't try it next year? Sure Murray has great credentials coming in....but I think it would be interesting to put a line together with some "older" players.......we all saw how Parise dropped off in the second half of the year....let's face it, this is a junior/senior dominated league for the most part! It will be interesting to see how Murray adjusts! Maybe he will be just fine! I just don't want to go through the same thing again......"learning to adjust to the WCHA"....

any other people feel the same? Either way, we should be great!! :blush:

Will there be a constant flow of Lamoreaux kids at UND??? Theoretically we could have 3 or 4 Lammys on the team at the same time. :huh: Family affair... Cool... :blush:

I have been told there are like 8 kids in that family. Sounds like they are all good athletes.

Can you imagine how much it would cost to put skates on all these kids...

I am concerned about our PK next year. We lose Notermann and Spiewak who were our best penalty killers. Both the power play and penalty killing need to get better if the Sioux are going to make some noise next year. Hopefully Ryan Hale can become a bigger factor next year. He needs to score more than 3 goals. We have got to find a way to balance out the scoring more throughout the line-up. I thought Lundbohm had a pretty good year. Hopefully in his senior year he can get up close to 20 goals.