SiouxSports.com Forum

Welcome Nick Mattson!

spfreak

I think this is thread-worthy. As I stated in the prospective Sioux recruits thread:

What a great pickup! Yet ANOTHER Twin Cities Metro area kid to pick UND over the UMN-TC hockey program. Great choice Mr. Mattson! Can't wait to see you in the green and white. Welcome!!!

has to be closest to the youngest recruit we ever had had a verbal from. when its a player like this you have to get them young and obviously he was ready to decide. what a dilema to play college hockey at age 15, hmmm

UND, UM or UW

must be rough :lol:

anyone got any stats on him

herald article

The 6-foot-1 and 170 pound player describes himself as an offensive, puck-moving defenseman. He tallied five goals and 15 assists for 20 points in 25 games for Chaska last season, sending recruiters his way.

he will play for the US under 17 team this season and those stats are from last year as a freshman

Minnesota only offered him a partial. :lol:

It will be fun to watch the ussual suspect in Mpls spin this, "oh well the Gophers weren't interested in him and he didn't fit their program." I wonder if Solmor and company will go to his house and try to strong arm him.

It will be fun to watch the ussual suspect in Mpls spin this, "oh well the Gophers weren't interested in him and he didn't fit their program." I wonder if Solmor and company will go to his house and try to strong arm him.

You guys got a good one, no one can argue that. Congrats, we will have to hope he changes his mind when he gets older and smarter :p Congrats again. Nobody who knows anything about him or his situation would say we didn't want him.

Still dont understand why half of your posts are about the Gophers. :lol:

We need to give kudos to Coach Hakstol for putting together a very diverse staff thats able to recruit from so many different areas. The coaching staff we have can cover all the bases from calm and cool(Hakstol) to fire and brimstone(Eades) to being very technical(Jackson). Just keep the players coming,the future so bright us fans will have to wear shades. :lol:

I was concerned when the Goofers got Walters that Mattson might follow. Nice to see that is not the case. This really opens a wound for Lucia now I hope we can pour a little Budish style lemon juice on that wound.

Mattson most certainly is the cream of the crop for that age group, and this is a major commitment for the Sioux. The Gophers recruited to kid hard, and anyone who tells you different is just flat out lying or stupid.

As far Budish is concerned, I don't think the Gopher's at this point would be willing to offer him a full scholarship, or even an 75% at this point. A lot of folks have really cooled a little on this kid.

You guys got a good one, no one can argue that. Congrats, we will have to hope he changes his mind when he gets older and smarter :p Congrats again. Nobody who knows anything about him or his situation would say we didn't want him.

Still dont understand why half of your posts are about the Gophers. :lol:

As opposed to GPL's thread pretty much based on UND's recruits.

As opposed to GPL's thread pretty much based on UND's recruits.

or alomost every thread mentioning the sioux and refs or something else...yeah.....ok

come on, they are both teams rivals. its gona happen. get over it or ignore it

i know the gopher faithful are bummed about mattson. they werent spinning it either. simply bummed.

With the recruits getting younger all the time I suspect it won't be long before we see a story as follows:

"The fetus of Mike Commodore and his girlfriend (anonymous) has declared by way of ultrasound that he (It's A BOY!) will play hockey at UND starting in 2027."

Mattson most certainly is the cream of the crop for that age group, and this is a major commitment for the Sioux. The Gophers recruited to kid hard, and anyone who tells you different is just flat out lying or stupid.

As far Budish is concerned, I don't think the Gopher's at this point would be willing to offer him a full scholarship, or even an 75% at this point. A lot of folks have really cooled a little on this kid.

so is the buddish comment for real? why are teams not as high on him anymore or is this a "just in case he doesnt sign with minny" post :lol:

seriously, whats the deal on him? thx

or alomost every thread mentioning the sioux and refs or something else...yeah.....ok

come on, they are both teams rivals. its gona happen. get over it or ignore it

i know the gopher faithful are bummed about mattson. they werent spinning it either. simply bummed.

I was trying to compliment your program. From the outside it looks as if you measure yourself against Minnesota in everything. You don't need to do that. You have a tremendous program that doesn't need to out recruit Minnesota for a kid to give it credability. UND stands on its own. The inferiority complex many UND fans seem to have, it doesn't fit your place in College Hockey. With your recent success reaching the Frozen Four, the team and expectations of this year, and recruiting success, I think UND is the measuring stick. Be proud, not obnoxious as some of our fans are and were during our run in early 2000's. Its cyclical, enjoy your current post.

Just clarifying my earlier post. Not trying to judge, our fans are as guilty as any. Rip all you want, it was a compliment.

I was trying to compliment your program. From the outside it looks as if you measure yourself against Minnesota in everything. You don't need to do that. You have a tremendous program that doesn't need to out recruit Minnesota for a kid to give it credability. UND stands on its own. The inferiority complex many UND fans seem to have, it doesn't fit your place in College Hockey. With your recent success reaching the Frozen Four, the team and expectations of this year, and recruiting success, I think UND is the measuring stick. Be proud, not obnoxious as some of our fans are and were during our run in early 2000's. Its cyclical, enjoy your current post.

Just clarifying my earlier post. Not trying to judge, our fans are as guilty as any. Rip all you want, it was a compliment.

wasnt ripping you at all, i know what you were saying but minny and UND battle everyday of the year trying to recruit many of the same kids. you win some and lose some. im very far from a obnoxious fan. i respect the hell out of college hockey, and wcha hockey overall. UND is a measuring stick, you are correct just like 4 or 5 more college programs are around the nation.

Great post.

thats a nice compliment. i do think that und, minny, mich, and bc are also "the" measuring sticks.

Words of wisdom. I think we should all take this message to heart.