Sioux vs Badgers Saturday Night

Sioux-cia

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should it have been called?

TH: "You gotta let them check in this league!"

In real time, it looked like a penalty to me. The Badger was a good ways away from the boards and flew into them. Replay, it was more questionable, but I would have complained if had happened to a Sioux player, and it wasn't called.

In real time, it looked like a penalty to me. The Badger was a good ways away from the boards and flew into them. Replay, it was more questionable, but I would have complained if had happened to a Sioux player, and it wasn't called.

TH argued that he didn't take any strides into him, just glided. So that means no boarding.

Though the rule book doesn't say anything about needing to to take strides for boarding to be called.

Boarding

SECTION 3. A player shall not body check, cross-check, elbow, charge

or trip an opponent from the front or side in such a manner that causes the

opponent to be thrown violently into the boards

Their announcer blamed the penalty on the wisconsin player. Said he should have kept moving and called it a good hit by Kozek

Their announcer blamed the penalty on the wisconsin player. Said he should have kept moving and called it a good hit by Kozek

Yes and no. IMO, the hit into the boards is what got the penalty. However, Kozek has to realize when the puck is gone and when to hold up. If he would have lightened up, he most likely would have still bumped him and knocked him over, but I doubt he would have hit the boards with the same impact, and no penalty would have been called.

Again, it goes back to me trying to see a a game both ways, rather than just as a Sioux fan.