SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Badgers Saturday Night

Sioux-cia

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and no. IMO, the hit into the boards is what got the penalty. However, Kozek has to realize when the puck is gone and when to hold up. If he would have lightened up, he most likely would have still bumped him and knocked him over, but I doubt he would have hit the boards with the same impact, and no penalty would have been called.

Again, it goes back to me trying to see a a game both ways, rather than just as a Sioux fan.

i reffed for 12 years, and though i am a sioux fan, that was a clean hit from a hard nosed player. you cant keep these boys from finishing plays, it takes away from the game.

i reffed for 12 years, and though i am a sioux fan, that was a clean hit from a hard nosed player. you cant keep these boys from finishing plays, it takes away from the game.

But as a fan, you know how the WCHA refs call games. It's nothing new for a hit like that to be called a penalty. Kozek has played in the league now for two years, so he knows how they call it too. Yes, I understand the adrenaline factor, but players also need to show discipline at times, especially when you know the tendencies of the refs.