SiouxSports.com Forum

North vs. South

dakotadan

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks SS.com posters for all the updates. My computer lost its sound prior to the hockey game last night (need new motherboard...........it's a mother@#%)#$ board all right). Can't wait to write this one up on D2.com.

Thanks again,

Rod

NCC-Columnist

D2Football.com

Thanks SS.com posters for all the updates. My computer lost its sound prior to the hockey game last night (need new motherboard...........it's a mother@#%)#$ board all right). Can't wait to write this one up on D2.com.

Thanks again,

Rod

NCC-Columnist

D2Football.com

Hey Rod!

Like your column said, this game, including the victory really was for BleedGrn!

Thanks again,

Rod

NCC-Columnist

D2Football.com

Rod

I have to say I enjoy reading your write-ups...good job!

Great win for the Sioux. I certainly had my doubts, but any win at the Dakota Dome is a good win.

Wow!

We won!

Impressive considering the parts of the second half I got to listen to (3rd quarter and first half of 4th quarter) featured run defense by UND that could best be complimented with the term "suck."

In fact, I found it quite amusing that USD couldn't defend the pass to save their lives and UND couldn't tackle and defend the run if their lives depended upon it.

Offensively, I thought the game was done pretty well. Defensively, I thought this game was a display in horrible defense. At least in the second half.

As opposed to defensively, I thought this game was a display in horrible offense?

Yes. I don't think either team did horrible offensively. Whereas, I don't know how many offensive players played defensively in this game. If they DID, then that may explain why it was so horrible defensively today.

And right now, the way NDSU is playing, either FCS is very very weak (or the teams they played are, including the Gateway conference) or NDSU is a really good team. And please don't use the "NDSU beat Minnesota" argument. At this point, I think D-G-F can beat Minnesota.

Too bad the NCC did not move up together to D1 FCS. That is an opportunity that was squandered. We could have kept the rivalries together and kept owning NDSU. Instead, it died due to terrible leadership by Thomas.

This is not true....

Roger Thomas was UND's AD....Not the AD for the whole NCC...?

Just got back from Vermillion.

Wow, what a great game. One of the most entertaining games I've ever been to. But.....................

Either one of two things:

1) UND just proved they can go on the road into a hostile environment and win against a talented team that almost never loses at home. This would perhaps build us momentum as we head into the playoffs giving me a hopeful outlook as we begin the journey to Florence, the road to which will surly wind through difficult places such as Omaha or Allendale.

or

2) UND just turned in one of the worst defensive performances that I've seen in recent memory, on the last week of the season. Our defensive line got man-handled by an offensive line that was obliterated by UNO a week ago (who by coincidence also shoved our D-line around like they were cardboard cut-outs in our own house this year). If it was not known already, the gaping hole in our defense was exposed yesterday. I have little confidence that our defense can stop UNO or GVSU.

So which theory should I subscribe to?

Oh yeah, their were 6 Scandanavians protesting the nickname yesterday.

Just got back from Vermillion.

Wow, what a great game. One of the most entertaining games I've ever been to. But.....................

Either one of two things:

1) UND just proved they can go on the road into a hostile environment and win against a talented team that almost never loses at home. This would perhaps build us momentum as we head into the playoffs giving me a hopeful outlook as we begin the journey to Florence, the road to which will surly wind through difficult places such as Omaha or Allendale.

or

2) UND just turned in one of the worst defensive performances that I've seen in recent memory, on the last week of the season. Our defensive line got man-handled by an offensive line that was obliterated by UNO a week ago (who by coincidence also shoved our D-line around like they were cardboard cut-outs in our own house this year). If it was not known already, the gaping hole in our defense was exposed yesterday. I have little confidence that our defense can stop UNO or GVSU.

So which theory should I subscribe to?

Oh yeah, their were 6 Scandanavians protesting the nickname yesterday.

May as well be an optimist and subscribe to theory one. :blush: Here's why: as poor as our run defense looked yesterday, and as poor as it looked throughout most of the UNO game, we still were in a position to win the UNO game late. True, it was at home, but home field hasn't meant much in that series. It's a longshot, but it's possible if our offense plays lights-out and we get a turnover or two on defense. Heck, we beat them last year without forcing a single punt, although clearly their defense is better this year. It also sounds like the injuries are piling up a bit for them.

As for GVSU, we simply have no idea how good they are this year, since they have so many new faces, and they haven't had to play any highly-ranked teams. Again, it's unlikely that we would win there, but at this point we simply don't know enough about them to say one way or the other. Key injuries may also be an issue for them right now.