SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SPARTANS - HOF Game

AZSIOUX

Got that....but anything outside the local Grand Forks market....i.e CSTV, FSN or another Fox Sports affiliate as I get dishnetork and Direcr-TV here in New Mexico..

Thanks

no, just have to find a bar that has the dish capabilities i guess or watch online. i cant believe cstv or someone didnt pick this game up.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got two tickets for my Sioux friends at NDSU, and they said that it is nearly sold out. The only two seats next to each other were in the student section.

You are right. There are some singles scattered around but other than that its sold out.

no, just have to find a bar that has the dish capabilities i guess or watch online. i cant believe cstv or someone didnt pick this game up.

I have to question that one too... 2007 NCAA National champions playing the #1 ranked team in NCAA hockey in the Hall of Fame game and not one of those dopey networks can pick it up. I get all of the ESPN and Fox Sports channels and no one of them is showing it. But they will show the Ice Breaker Invitational. What a joke. But I supposed I'm biased being a Sioux fan.

But hey... I am registered to watch it on the computer! So all is not lost I guess...

I have to question that one too... 2007 NCAA National champions playing the #1 ranked team in NCAA hockey in the Hall of Fame game and not one of those dopey networks can pick it up. I get all of the ESPN and Fox Sports channels and no one of them is showing it. But they will show the Ice Breaker Invitational. What a joke. But I supposed I'm biased being a Sioux fan.

But hey... I am registered to watch it on the computer! So all is not lost I guess...

the icebreaker should be sown on foxnorth. thats the gopher home network. i would have guess foxmichigan would have grabbed it but i guess not. oh well. also though the nhl is up and rolling and many games are on the local foxsports along with nba starting up preseason and college football. if anyone should have aired it nationally is should have been cstv

So what up with the internet broadcasts? Are they really bad? Not worth it? I want to watch this game as well as that other thing going on at the alerus, but if the video feed is S*** I won't bother

Football has been brutal, but the hockey game against Manitoba had no glitches.

Football has been brutal, but the hockey game against Manitoba had no glitches.

exactly, they are obviosly ran different somehow being they are from 1 different arenas as the hockey was very good as it was last season. well worth the 59.95 for the hockey season

Almost three years ago to the day, we were fortunate enough to take a cool early fall road trip to Dayton, Ohio for the Lefty McFadden. There, we saw the young and promising Sioux, with only a few days of practice and one game against Miami under their belt,

lost 3-0 to Michigan State and a hot young goaltender by the name of Lerg. It was there that Michigan State players

made wisecracks in the elevator wondering whose "little brother" Duncan was. It was there that, in their first game together against Miami, a 3-0 shutout, Toews, Oshie, and Duncan all notched points in their first game as Sioux.

The Sioux juniors were freshman that year, and at times both very green and very promising freshman that weekend. There are many paybacks to be dished out this year, and there are many goals to be scored and accomplished this year. They all start Saturday night with a beating of a tough and veteran Spartan team. It will be a great game. It will be a great atmosphere. It will be the first of many wins on what promises to be a very memorable year in college hockey. Win. Lose. Or draw. Nothing beats college hockey except, of course, SIOUX HOCKEY!!

We will hit the trail tomorrow. Thankfully, El Grande Forke is a much shorter drive than is Dayton, Ohio.

Some of us have been saying similar since he first played against St. Cloud as a freshman... :love:

Yeah I think Millar is very talented and is my dark horse player of the season. Look for him to score somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-40 points.

Quote from fightingsioux.com's game notes article: "Among the letterwinners returning is reigning Hobey Baker Award winner Ryan Duncan (Jr., Calgary, Alberta), who is only the fifth Hobey Baker Award winner in the 27-year history of the award."

So, over 27 years, they have only given out 5 awards, and UND has 2 of them! :love:

Quote from fightingsioux.com's game notes article: "Among the letterwinners returning is reigning Hobey Baker Award winner Ryan Duncan (Jr., Calgary, Alberta), who is only the fifth Hobey Baker Award winner in the 27-year history of the award."

So, over 27 years, they have only given out 5 awards, and UND has 2 of them! :love:

Wow, that's almost 40% of them.

Panzer got robbed.

Yeah I think Millar is very talented and is my dark horse player of the season. Look for him to score somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-40 points.

Brad Miller is a fine player no question about that!! But the player that will be the missing link to the title and we will win the title this year is Chris VandeVelde!! HOLD ON TO YOUR SOX PEOPLES THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT ALL DAM SUMMER!!!