SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Mankato

Let'sGoHawks!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly why I was worried about this game. UND down 20-17 at the half and its been largely because of our defense getting beaten by the pass. Mankato has dropped a couple of them as well, so the Sioux can consider themselves pretty lucky that they aren't down by more. I know that they've had a lot of 5 reciever sets, but it might be time to throw in a blitz or stunt a little bit more to get some pressure on the QB.

Its not gonna be easy in the second half with the way the momentum has turned time and again. Hopefully the defensive coaches are able to switch it up a little bit.

UND gets the ball coming out of the half. Got to get at least a field goal out of it.

UND gets the ball coming out of the half. Got to get at least a field goal out of it.

I vote we just return the kick off :huh:

And I'm not going to type up this interview... so if someone else wants to... go for it! I'm gonna go for the chips

We should feel lucky we even got to hear the whole interview with the POS radio operation they are running. Just like the whole watch games online thing, it's always not working and you get nothing but excuses. It's never their fault and it's always something beyond their control. Bull $&^@. Stop making excuses and fix the damn thing.

I just got back from the MayvilleState/VCSU game. Close game that came down to a catch in the endzone by MSU to tie it that was ruled out of bounds as the clock ran out. I was running back to the car trying to catch scores of this game but half the time the radio feed wasn't coming through. I just got home and wasn't too surprised of the score. I expected the MSU offense to get some passing yards on us and a few points. I wasn't able to really listen to any of the first half. Has the offense been performing well? I was expecting a few more points in the first half.

Amazing... we heard the entire halftime show but now that the game is getting ready to go I'm getting a bit of static.

UND with the wind in the 3rd quarter... LET'S GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!

Dressler catches the ball at the 34

1st and 10

Pick up of three - Chappell - over 1,000 yards on the season

2nd and 7

Pass that should have been caught by Caufield.... incomplete

3rd and 7

penalty UND

3rd and 11

Grover to the 45... first down!

We should feel lucky we even got to hear the whole interview with the POS radio operation they are running. Just like the whole watch games online thing, it's always not working and you get nothing but excuses. It's never their fault and it's always something beyond their control. Bull $&^@. Stop making excuses and fix the damn thing.

Hmm. The phone lines don't work at SUU and Mankato? And it only affects our broadcasts? What kind of technology do we use then?

1st and 10 Sioux from the 46

Murray for 2

2nd and 8

Blitz...

Murray with a hole to the Mankato 45

3rd and less than 1

Wind gust now to 40 mph

Murray hit behind the line of scrimmage and falls forward.... depends on spot. Measuring

4th and 2 inches

O-line wants to go for it

Freund on the sneak... may be short... no movement on the O-line. Depends on the spot, again...

FIRST DOWN! (by less than an inch)

1st and 10 Sioux at the Mankato 45

Blitz

Caufield to the 35

1st and 10 from the 35

Freund buys time and ends up running, picks up 4

2nd and 6 from the 30

Murray breaks a tackle to the 24 yard line

3rd and less than 1

Murray to the 22 yard line

I know that they've had a lot of 5 reciever sets, but it might be time to throw in a blitz or stunt a little bit more to get some pressure on the QB.

This has been my biggest pet peeve with the Sioux since Tibesar left. Kelling is not willing to bring pressure at all. Tibesar used to bring it whenever from wherever. Kelling might bring one backer even on third and long. This "D" is predicated on getting some pressure. If we are going to play coverage we might as well go to a 4-3. What's the point of a 3-4 if you are just going to play base cover 2 and 3?

1st and 10 from the Mankato 22 10:43 left in the third

Bubble screen to Dressler.... takes it to the 16

2nd and 3, shotgun

Dressler to the 5

1st and GOAL Sioux!

Murray to the one yard line

2nd and goal from the 1

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!! Freund

UND 24

Mankato 20

Largest crowd on hand since Oct 1992...

Hellavang kicks it to Rodgers, who takes it inside UND's 20... flags will probably bring it back

Mankato will start at their own 15

1st and 10 Mankato

Nowlin takes it to the 48 after breaking a tackle (Drake Otto makes the tackle)

Sioux 1st and 10 from the 28

Murray to the 36... I believe they said Murray was the full back

2nd and 2

Murray for 2

CWU 31

SD? 17

1st and 10 Sioux

Incomplete... Dressler breaks up a bad pass

Flag - illegal man downfield, declined

2nd and 10

Murray to the 41

3rd and 7

Blitz...

End around, Dressler to the 47

4th and 2

Punting... catches it at the 10, tackled by Otto at the 15

1st and 10 Mankato from their 15

King in the shotgun... complete at the 22 to Hansen

2nd and 3

Four receivers, complete to Turner, pick up of 13

1st and 10 Mankato from the 35

two receivers over 100 yards for Mankato

four receivers again

Hansen for 6

2nd and 4

Complete to the 44 by Tory Chappell

1st and 10

Chappell catches it and runs to the 36

2nd and 3... offense is getting a good drive going... we need a stop or a turnover

Blitz...

complete... first down