SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2007-08 Updates

USA Hockey

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you can, what former or current player would you compare him to. size, skills ect...thanks a lot

will he play his senior year at high school or move on to juniors or usa team?

stats for nick mattson and danny kristo

When I watch him he reminds me of a high school version of Jeff Panzer. He has amazing speed, and when he gets close to defensemen he has that extra gear to blow by them. I watched Holy Angels 4 times last year and he was always the best player on the Ice. I didnt get my hopes up cause I thought for sure that he was going to Minnesota. He is probably the best forward in the state right now as a junior.

eidsness win 4-3 monday night improving his record to 28-3-4 with a 2.10 gaa tied for first in league and a .934 sv% which leads league

mario lamoureux had 1 assist in 2-0 tuesday win over waterloo, mike fink did play for warterloo. i think he may have been sick for a bit

wednesday, gregoire 1 goal, 1 assist in 3-2 loss

gregoire at 49 points in USHL, 4 behind league leader and gregoire has played 4 less games than the leader, leads his team by 1 point

cichy leads tri city in points with 32 (10-22). mario lamoureux is tied for 3rd with 24 (5-19) points

hextall is tied for 12th in BCHL scoring with 71 points. he leads his team in points with 4 points to spare

eidsness win 4-3 monday night improving his record to 28-3-4 with a 2.10 gaa tied for first in league and a .934 sv% which leads league

mario lamoureux had 1 assist in 2-0 tuesday win over waterloo, mike fink did play for warterloo. i think he may have been sick for a bit

wednesday, gregoire 1 goal, 1 assist in 3-2 loss

gregoire at 49 points in USHL, 4 behind league leader and gregoire has played 4 less games than the leader, leads his team by 1 point

cichy leads tri city in points with 32 (10-22). mario lamoureux is tied for 3rd with 24 (5-19) points

hextall is tied for 12th in BCHL scoring with 71 points. he leads his team in points with 4 points to spare

gleason and edina won 13-3 tonight. im guessing he had a few points :lol:

holy angels and mattson won 5-0 over chaska, looks like the may be playing edina next

finehage and eastview won 4-2 over apple valley

gleason had 3 assists in 13-3 win

score sheet

finehage 1 assist in win

score sheet

mattson 1 goal, 1 assist in win

score sheet

Ohio State fans (both of them) are claiming they have the #2 2008 class behind Minny. Is there someone, somewhere, with any credibility, that rates incoming classes? If so, have they already labeled the 08's?

Ohio State? They have one good forward coming in 2008, and he used to be a Fighting Sioux. :huh:

While UMN has a really good class for 2008, I think UND's is a notch above it. The Gophers have two defense studs in Ness and Lofquist, but I don't see another star-caliber player in their 2008 list.

For UND's 08 class, Toews, Gregoire, and Cichy will be great, immediate-impact players. Then you throw in Hextall, Mario Lam, and strong dmen in either Gleason or Blood (or both). And then our goalie of the future in Eidsness. That is a hell of a class put together by Hakstol and Co.

That said, I could care less where UND's class gets ranked, just as long as those players come in and contribute like I know that they are capable of.

Ohio State fans (both of them) are claiming they have the #2 2008 class behind Minny. Is there someone, somewhere, with any credibility, that rates incoming classes? If so, have they already labeled the 08's?

This is from Brad's blog on Jan. 24.:

"Red Line Report released college hockey recruiting rankings for the 2008-09 classes. I don't have a subscription to RLR, but the Wisconsin State Journal's Andy Baggot posted them here. They are: 1. Minnesota, 2. Ohio State, 3. Denver, 4. Michigan, 5. Wisconsin, 6. Boston College, 7. Boston University and 8. Notre Dame."

The original source is here:

http://www.madison.com/wsj/blogs/badger/baggot/268288

As for MN, brian, they also bring in Jordan Schroeder. In Ness and Schroeder MN adds two extremely dynamic players to a team desperately in need of them. On the frozen ocean they will be pretty exciting.

This was all discussed before, but it's hard to explain UND's non-ranking (and Brad addresses it as well in his post). I think most of us ("internet experts") expect that UND has a top 3 class, and certainly one in the top 8. Considering that the list was developed by a presumably neutral source, are we all delusional (bells ringing all over the TC) or did Red Line whiff? Time will tell, but I'm guessing the coaching staff wouldn't trade their class for many others.

This was all discussed before, but it's hard to explain UND's non-ranking (and Brad addresses it as well in his post). I think most of us ("internet experts") expect that UND has a top 3 class, and certainly one in the top 8. Considering that the list was developed by a presumably neutral source, are we all delusional (bells ringing all over the TC) or did Red Line whiff? Time will tell, but I'm guessing the coaching staff wouldn't trade their class for many others.

They need to reflect on their poor rankings/selections over the past several years. That they could overlook a class that will include Toews and Gregoire besides all of the other talent suggests that their expertise certainly isn't hockey.

Ohio State? They have one good forward coming in 2008, and he used to be a Fighting Sioux. :huh:

While UMN has a really good class for 2008, I think UND's is a notch above it. The Gophers have two defense studs in Ness and Lofquist, but I don't see another star-caliber player in their 2008 list.

For UND's 08 class, Toews, Gregoire, and Cichy will be great, immediate-impact players. Then you throw in Hextall, Mario Lam, and strong dmen in either Gleason or Blood (or both). And then our goalie of the future in Eidsness. That is a hell of a class put together by Hakstol and Co.

That said, I could care less where UND's class gets ranked, just as long as those players come in and contribute like I know that they are capable of.

From what I have seen, the Gophers bring in four immediate impact players. This being Schroeder and Hanson at foward and Ness and Lofquist at defense. For UND, I have never seen Gregoire play so I'm going to assume he will be an immediate impact just because of what scouts say and his stats. After that, we bring in two more immediate impact fowards in Toews and Cichy. At defense, we bring in two bigger more physical stay at home guys in Blood and MacWilliam. From what I hear, Gleason and Fienhage will be 09's. For next year, I would give UND the edge at foward and Minnesota the edge at defense.

From what I have seen, the Gophers bring in four immediate impact players. This being Schroeder and Hanson at foward and Ness and Lofquist at defense. For UND, I have never seen Gregoire play so I'm going to assume he will be an immediate impact just because of what scouts say and his stats. After that, we bring in two more immediate impact fowards in Toews and Cichy. At defense, we bring in two bigger more physical stay at home guys in Blood and MacWilliam. From what I hear, Gleason and Fienhage will be 09's. For next year, I would give UND the edge at foward and Minnesota the edge at defense.

Offensively at defense you mean. I can't remember the last time Minnesota was known for their defensive game.

I do believe Minnesota will be much better next year. I wouldn't be surprised if they finished in the top3 of the WCHA.

Ness and Lofquist's defensive abilities will be tested. Their offense (especially Ness') will be unquestionably sound.

As for MN, brian, they also bring in Jordan Schroeder. In Ness and Schroeder MN adds two extremely dynamic players to a team desperately in need of them. On the frozen ocean they will be pretty exciting.

Ah, yes. I thought that Heisenberg's website might be wrong.

On Heisenberg's spreadsheet, he has Schroeder listed as an 09. I thought he was an 08, but since he was listed as an 09, I didn't mention him.

That said, I still like our incoming crop of forward recruits over almost any other team in the nation. :huh:

The only reason the RLR rankings are the way they are and the reason that Ohio State is ranked so high is because I believe they only use the draft eligible players that are coming in. For the Sioux that would exclude Eidsness, Gregoire, Hextall, Lamoureux, Blood, Bruneteau etc. So I don't put much weight into those rankings. I will wait for the preseason rankings in August or September. I don't expect Ohio State to be anywhere near 2nd place at that point.

edina beats holy angels 6-2. gleason moves on. mattson loses.

eastview and finehage gets beat by woodbury 5-2.

USHL

blood - played friday in 2-1 win, 1 assist in win saturday

gregoire - 1 assist in fridays 3-2 loss, HATTRICK saturday in 5-2 win - 1 point behind for league scoring leader

cichy - 1 goal in 3-2 win friday, no points saturday

lamoureux - 1 goal, 1 assist in 3-2 win friday, 1 assist in 2-1 loss saturday

fink - didnt play friday, 1 assist in 3-2 won saturday

BCHL

hextall, no points friday in 3-1 loss, 1 goal in 6-3 saturday win

AJHL

eidsness - saturday nigth win over macwilliam and camrose - record to 29-4-4......